News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dotvmike

dotvmike Profile Photo
Member Name: dotvmike
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Carolee Carmello in Charles Schwab commercial?
 Sep 21 2006, 02:34:36 PM
It is definately Carolee Carmello and they decided to use that same animation stlye called, I believe, roto-scoping as the movie "A Scanner Darkly" did.
re: Trey and Matt
 Sep 18 2006, 08:27:14 PM
The last I heard was that they had been in London for a bit with Jeff Marx and had written a couple of songs for their show which is supposedly about mormons. I think they were over there because Jeff was helping and getting the Avenue Q production up and running in London. I am pretty sure that Bobby Lopez is helping too but I didn't here is name mentioned the last time. I don't know when they have this or hope to have it open but I think I also heard that Trey Parker and Matt Stone were working on two more movies: one being about a group of highschoolers and the second one was going to involve men in monster costumes attacking a city (It's their take on Godzilla monster movies)! With those two other projects going on along with this musical who knows how they are coming along; I am not sure what their highest priority is.

http://www.pr-inside.com/south-park-creators-trey-parker-and-matt-stone-are-working-on-a-broadway-musical-r8834.htm

***EDIT: Found an article about the musical.

re: Spoofs in The Wedding Singer
 Aug 2 2006, 03:35:03 AM
This really wasn't a pop culture reference but more of a broadway reference (atleast I interpreted it that way). There's a part where George sings a line like "And everything Taboo." Now I thought that was kind od like nudge nudge to Boy George and his musical Taboo b/c out of all the characters during that part that could have sang that little line they gave it to the one that was most like boy george. Knowing the fact that Boy George did a musical called Taboo might help! Maybe thats just me..
re: What's the most embarrassing thing that happened to you on stage?
 Jul 22 2006, 01:15:42 AM
While we were doing a production of Les Miz, I was about to enter (Thenardier) and the turntable broke before I got out there so as the customers were coming in they didn't have any chairs to sit on because the chairs and tables were still in up stage and like in the dark. Luckily before we got too far one of the bigger guys on our stage crew came out with some sort of metal rod or pipe and pushed the truntable by just pushing it. At intermission (which ended up being 33mins long) the crew came
re: THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT (Batman's aria) from BATMAN: THE MUSICAL
 Jul 21 2006, 02:39:34 PM
I am a huge fan of Steinman's and I'll have to be honest that the songs that I have heard are pretty good but not the best. I still enjoy them but like LuPonatic said they would be even better if they were fully orchestrated and had top notch performers singing them. It is a rare thing to hear Steinman sing his own music so that is kind of cool. I also agree with LuPonatic that these are a bit long (maybe not so many verses and repitition). But we have to remember that these are JUST demos and t
re: Joker's Song from Batman: The Musical
 Jul 12 2006, 04:25:15 PM
I would also like to say that those cacklings at the end of the song are frightening. Its like dead on with what Nicholson sounded like in the movie. Especially the first time he laughs where he is about to say something about his mother and then he stops mid phrase and starts to snicker! INTENSE!
re: Joker's Song from Batman: The Musical
 Jul 12 2006, 03:56:03 PM
I still am looking forward to this (even though this is not one of my favorite steinman songs)! Now, Rockfenris, have you heard anything about this still in the possibility of being produced because I thought it got a put on hold (canned) a while back? And also, You said something about Jim Steinman releasing a demo CD of Batman...Anything more about it like, how many songs? what charachters are covered? Where do you go to get one? and about when will they be available? If you know any answers t
re: Onstage Proposal
 May 10 2006, 01:46:44 PM
Yea, I was there too. The guy was extremely nervous but it was really cool. My friends and I were there and thought that the guys proposal was an exciting way to finish a great performance!
re: Spring Awakening?
 May 5 2006, 03:28:42 PM
I am going into the city tomorrow and was wondering if I should go see this...it sounds interesting. Anybody see this yet?

edit: I just realized that the show doesn't open until May 18, thats why no one has been able to say anything about it. Thanks again!

re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
 May 5 2006, 03:10:08 PM
Sorry, what I guess I meant to say was that it is going to be enjoyable. He performed one of the songs from 13 the last time he was at the Birdland and it sounds like it is not going to be as dark or serious as TL5Y and Parade.
re: Wildhorn's THE CIVIL WAR in Gettysburg!
 May 5 2006, 02:14:38 PM
I live in Hershey so I'll definitley be checking it out; Gettysburg is only 45 mins. away. I am excited for this production!
re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
 May 5 2006, 01:23:02 PM
I have been longing for some more Jason Robert Brown and I have confidance that this show will be alot of fun. Lets face it...it's JRB we're talking about.
re: Does anyone have a broadway themed room in their house?
 May 3 2006, 05:01:08 PM
I don't have any pics but I can tell you that I got a hold of some old records of older shows and framed them in those album frames. They look pretty cool...I have like two or three rows of them and then I have some modern show posters framed too.
re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
 May 3 2006, 04:57:43 PM
Thanks!
re: Little Mermaid Workshop June 6-10
 May 3 2006, 04:37:35 PM
mejusthavingfun: I just noticed that too...I saw it for a second and then I went to click on it and nothing showed up!
re: New Edna Turnblad!
 May 3 2006, 04:28:09 PM
talking about new ednas, does anybody know how Paul Vogt did in Vegas...wasn't it his first show the other night?

re: Plays Everyone Should Read
 May 1 2006, 10:49:29 PM
We just did A.R. Gurney's The Dinning Room this past fall at my college and it was really enjoyable to work on...very interesting play!
re: The Wiz - Official Schedule
 Apr 30 2006, 07:19:46 PM
Paris Bennett as Dorothy...ALL THE WAY!
re: HYSTERICAL Martin Short Rehearsal Video
 Apr 27 2006, 06:17:41 PM
I'm with you FOA...I thought that was hilarious!! "Um...they're just gypsies...they come on in one part" Yea, I hope they have student rush as well. Did they have student rush for Crystal's 700 Sundays?
re: Break a leg, WEDDING SINGER!
 Apr 27 2006, 12:31:10 AM
I plan on seeing this Saturday and wish it all the luck. Break a leg!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You