News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FormerLurker

Member Name: FormerLurker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS to record original Broadway cast album
 May 18 2024, 12:30:31 PM

Didn't see anyone post this yet--if it is up somewhere happy to take it down-- thoughts from Pigpen about their influences and storytelling intentions for each song. It's always interesting to me to hear about the intent and  to think how it came off IRL. 

https://playbill.com/article/pigpen-theatre-company-break-down-the-score-for-water-for-elephants

Also went to see them last night at City Winery where they played mostly other tunes but also a couple of W4E. They came out on the floor to do Road and it was a lot of fun... 

SCHMIGADOON! to play Kennedy Center
 May 7 2024, 01:02:33 PM

I am sooo excited about this!  Can't wait and will be curious to see how many cast members are able to return (or want to). And in a spirit of yes and... i'd also still love at least a peek at that 3rd series (25 songs!) in some form or other. 

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway, not the production seen in earlier previews!
 Mar 20 2024, 11:45:43 PM

I was there tonight too and I'm with you . I saw it on 3/6 the first time and while i think i enjoyed maybe more than you did  (and the audience gave it a standing O then too), it has improved by leaps and bounds. Everything clicked and i was genuinely moved multiple times, enjoyed the music in context, and was astonished all over again at what was happening on stage.  Everyone around me seemed to be loving it too. 

BTW i should state like another poster here i

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You