News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for stephygirl51

stephygirl51 Profile Photo
Member Name: stephygirl51
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Eden Espinosa's final?
 Jun 14 2006, 04:20:41 PM
Yay! I have tickets for October 8th and was worried I would miss Eden. This is excellent news! =)
re: wicked tour in philly
 Apr 4 2006, 04:00:49 PM
No, it doesn't. If you can't find the building (some people have trouble finding it) it's at Broad and Locust and has a lot of candle lamps outside.
re: Who is your favorite Mimi Marquez?
 Dec 8 2005, 12:18:14 PM
I have seen so many, that is is hard to remember what I liked/disliked about everyone. Most recently I had the pleasure of seeing Antonique Smith, and I loved her. She was probably not my favorite, but she was damn good. Although it seems her voice is limited to mostly belting, which she did very well, she is an undeniably fantastic actor. She brought a new depth to the character that I had never seen on stage before.
re: Restaurants near broadway
 Dec 7 2005, 07:51:01 AM
I absolutely love Heartland Brewery. I think there are four throughout the city, but there is one on West 43rd. Their Cobb salad is amazing, and they have this pumpkin ale that is so good (if you are of age of course). You can check out the menu here:

http://www.heartlandbrewery.com/

re: Idina on Ray Charles CD?
 Dec 4 2005, 06:22:23 PM
I have it. PM me if you want it!
re: Scary Spice as Mimi?
 Dec 2 2005, 10:06:22 PM
I too had the misfortune of seeing her twice. The second time I was told she was out for the night so I went to see the understudy at the time. Much to my disapointment I had to sit through another painful 2 hours. She not sing the material, her 'Without You' was horrendous. She was totally late on all of her entrances (for example, not at the door in time to hit the knocker with the music during 'Light My Candle' but literally still all the way across the stage so she didn't even bother lea
re: WHO IS SHE???!! ---RENT screen version!
 Nov 16 2005, 10:48:44 PM
It's definitely April. It's a flashback montage.
re: New Rent interview
 Nov 16 2005, 10:12:15 PM
Thanks for posting. Great article! I agree that "Contact" probably wouldn't have moved the film along at all, but is "Goodbye Love" seriously not in the movie? I had no idea. That is one of my favorite songs...oh well.
RENT advance screenings in your area!
 Nov 16 2005, 07:56:38 AM
Not sure if this has been posted before, couldn't find it...so here you go!

www.glamour.com/reelmoments

re: RENT tv appearances-- everything.
 Nov 13 2005, 11:46:01 AM
alto- I saw that TIVO isnt listing Idina on Today on the 17th anymore too. Does anyone know what happened to that? Is it going to be on a different day? That's sad. I was excited!

oh and what happened to Rent being on Entertainers this morning? I woke up all excited to see it, and there was no mention...tear.

re: Public Theater Question
 Nov 12 2005, 05:53:14 PM
It will probably take you quite a while and it will most likely be pretty cold. I recommend walking to the subway station at 34th and 6th (penn station is 34th and 8th). Take either the N, R, Q, or W downtown to Union Square. From Union Square take the 4 or the 6 to Astor Place. The Public will be pretty much right in front of you when you get out of the subway. This will take you only 20 minutes at most.

Hope that helps!

re: What Do You Love Most About Theater?
 Nov 10 2005, 05:45:42 PM
The rawness of it. There is nothing that can be hidden from a live audience. Every time I sit down to watch a show, I can always feel the electricity crackling in the air. It's amazing.
re: *Special Guest* at SEE WHAT I WANNA SEE last night!
 Nov 10 2005, 01:02:02 PM
Patronus- getting to the lottery uptown will not be a problem at all. I saw the matinee last Saturday and even waited for the cast members to come out afterwards. We left the theater at 4:50 and were in line for the Rent lottery at 5:10. Make sure you know where the theater you want to go to is before hand. It won't be a problem at all. Like Lea said, just jump on the N, R, or W (make sure it's uptown!) and you will be in Times Square in 10 minutes.
re: RENT tv appearances-- everything.
 Nov 8 2005, 09:21:45 PM
It's times like these when I thank the Heavens for Tivo...just type in everyone's name and let the recording begin!

musicnmath...my trusty Tivo guide says 11/14 for Rosario on Today.

re: Rent
 Nov 7 2005, 05:53:16 PM
I've never seen her fall off the bar, but I have seen her kick herself in the face as she was coming down the steps...

I have actually tried to stand on a bar in heels like that, and it actually is not that hard to balance. If you have high enough heels, you just have to be careful.

re: Sex and the City guest stars
 Nov 7 2005, 07:41:26 AM
Mary Testa (who is currently in SWIWS) was in an episode in season 5 when Carrie and Stanford go see his boyfriend in a broadway revue. She played a caberet singer.
re: Jay Wilkison as Roger
 Nov 6 2005, 07:15:51 PM
Colin was great. He was really funny, especially during Tango: Maureen. He kept making Merle laugh and she could barely get through the song. It was hilarious. So yeah, his performance was solid, not to mention the fact that he is a cutie!

ps: safety-hell yeah my picture is hot! It's Idina in a catsuit! Who by the way was also amazing in SWIWS yesterday!

re: Jay Wilkison as Roger
 Nov 6 2005, 04:50:04 PM
Oh sorry, I searched for it and didn't see it. But thanks, I'll head over there and read it.
Jay Wilkison as Roger
 Nov 6 2005, 04:44:46 PM
He went on as Roger (11/5) and was very impressed with his performance. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Cary Shields, but Jay was amazing. I have become somewhat numb to the show, so I don't get as emotional as I sometimes do, and last night was the first time I have shed tears during Goodbye Love in a long time. His performance was very moving.

Has anyone else seen him in this role? If so, how did you feel about him?

It was very interesting with the two leads being unde

re: name a show no one knows
 Nov 2 2005, 11:14:17 AM
I've definitely heard of and seen Cafe Puttanesca. Pippin, any chance you are from Philly?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You