News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Out In The Sticks

Out In The Sticks Profile Photo
Member Name: Out In The Sticks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Perfection
 Sep 9 2020, 09:08:23 AM

Is there any number in a musical that you think is perfect, you wouldn't want it changed, everything just works.  Not the whole musical just this one piece of perfection.

For its Electricity in Billy Elliott, the off stage voice, the way Billy looks, the music starts, he sings the first phrase he walks away and then comes back and continues.  The song, choreography, setting everything just works for me.  I cry every time I listen to it.

&nbs

Unpopular Opinions
 Jul 6 2017, 10:17:16 AM

I think that mine are very unpopular.

1. That Stephen Sondheim musicals where he writes lyrics and music are dire.

2. Sung through musicals are just dreadful, speak those lines that need speaking don't sing em, just sing the songs.

3. Jerome Robbins choreography in West Side Story is of its day and no longer needs to be recreated. Some of the exciting choreographers out there now could make them look like gang members and not like ballet dancers trying to be gang memb

Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
 Jul 5 2017, 09:58:49 AM

I can tell and your loyalty to the show is amazing.  I wish I was back in NYC to see this all over again. I have previously seen amateur (community) productions and two professional productions and it was like watching a whole different show altogether.  I adore this show and I adore you based on your posts.  

Jul 5 2017, 03:57:06 AM

Dollypop said: "I love reading comments by people who have fallen in love with HELLO, DOLLY! the way I did 53 years ago.

Let me tell you a little secret: when I'm in the city to see another show, I rush over to the Shubert to see if DOLLY has let out yet. If they havain't, I wait until it does so I can see the smiles and "the Dolly Glow" as the audience comes out. 

"

I think this is the most lovely, positive

Jul 3 2017, 06:12:48 AM

I saw this at the end of May with Bette and I was bowled over by everything, for a show from the sixties this felt fresh and exciting.  Each and every person on that stage earned every buck, as did all the creatives.  Looking back a little over a month now what do I remember, Bette, Bette, Bette, Gavins enthusiasm and energy, DHP's perfect journey from grumpy to desire and Jennifer Simard as Ernestina Money, why aren't people mentioning her more. I

Bette Midler When do HELLO DOLLY Tix Go On Sale?
 Aug 24 2016, 08:36:34 AM

Is there a website yet, I googled but couldn't find one.

Bombshell Broadway?
 Dec 11 2013, 09:17:09 AM
I'm sure they could create a book and fit most if not all the songs in. My real question is the amount of singing Marilyn would have to do, surely its the same or similar to the role of Evita, she's really only off the stage a couple of times in the show too. Lots of actresses have played that role 6 or more times a week.
Costumes for Guys and Dolls
 Nov 30 2010, 05:23:44 AM
Thank you everyone, much appreciated.
Costumes for Guys and Dolls
 Nov 19 2010, 03:21:39 AM
I have been asked to sort the costumes for a local production of Guys and Dolls. The director is setting it in a comic book theme (the brief he has given me is Dick Tracy).

I like the idea of that but how will I do the Save-a-Soul Mission uniforms?

Any ideas would be appreciated, I have creative block on this one!!!

Shows Improved by Later Revisions
 Oct 4 2010, 10:29:18 AM
Me and My Girl
Catch Me If You Can Broadway Cast
 Sep 17 2010, 09:52:16 AM
Just listened to JetSet what a great track....
Elena Roger in 2012 Broadway's Evita?
 Feb 25 2010, 04:33:19 AM
Elena was a powerhouse and the whole production is beautiful.... The set is gorgeous and the costumes stunning...

I felt very priveliged to see her in Evita...

re: Broadway Hits and Flops for 2008/2009 season
 Oct 15 2009, 05:12:40 AM
I understand the millions of dollar argument and thank heavens for those people who are business minded enough to put on these shows. But I'm sure they are not the majority of people on here, I'm pretty certain the majority o f people who post here are those like me that just enough going to see those shows, yet, they will call them hits and flops based on there financial success. Ah well... I'll go and enjoy listening to my 9 to 5 flop cd and go back to lurking!!!
 Oct 15 2009, 04:26:52 AM
Firstly can I say I am honoured to have you reply to my message. I am generally a lurker here and occasionally post when something bothers me enough. I always appreciate your posts, don't neccesarily agree but always appreciate your point of view.

Back to the subject, I understand that its just the business side but I imagine most of us here are not here to read about the business side of the shows we patronise. I can't remember the last time I went to a show and said "that was a fanta

Oct 15 2009, 04:11:10 AM
Why do we have to call them flops? Surely no one in the production team or cast set out to put on a poor show and just because it didn't recoup doesn't mean it wasn't critically a success. Same with "hits" just because something recouped doesn't mean it was good... Can't we just say financial success or not? Hit or Flop just sounds wrong!!!
Legal Downloadable Musical Songs???
 Jul 2 2009, 07:32:39 AM
Hi

I downloaded the 9 to 5 track that was available recently, is there any other free legal downloadable tracks anywhere?

The Wedding Singer
 Mar 3 2009, 07:46:33 AM
Hi does anybody know of any segments of the Wedding Singer that are available on the web to watch? I have seen some clips (advert, Tonys) on YouTube and on here but any anywhere else. i presume a video of the whole show is not available?

Thank you.

re: THE MUSICAL IS BACK- OSCARS PERFORMANCE
 Feb 23 2009, 08:45:28 AM
Not seen it yet, watching it tonight but March Shaimans Facebook status makes it clear he wants people to know that he had nothing to do with it.
re: Mary Poppins - Great for Tourists
 Feb 17 2009, 04:33:50 AM
but the changes and additions to the plot were awkward and not compelling.

You didn't like Anything Can Happen? Strange, I thought that was beautiful and suited the plot perfectly... Same with Practically Perfect....

re: Best act 1 finale
 Aug 1 2008, 09:42:07 AM
I know that they are not neccesarily classy but my faves:

Lambeth Walk - Me and My Girl
Jimmy - Thoroughly Modern Millie
Pinball Wizard - Tommy
The Raid - Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You