News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for actorgaedu

actorgaedu Profile Photo
Member Name: actorgaedu
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2018 Drama Desk Nominations & Awards
 Apr 26 2018, 11:16:48 AM

No Best Play for the juggernaut Harry Potter?  That is quite a surprise!  Is it because it is not really that good?  I have heard there are some book issues from people who have seen it, but I am still surprised that it was overlooked in the main category.  Also a bit shocked that Torch Song was ignored.  

Phantom Broadway 30th?
 Oct 30 2017, 10:43:06 PM
I think it's going to be Ramin Karimloo. ALW loves him and he just announced his departure from Anastasia. Great choice IMO. We'll see.
Possible Jenna Replacements
 Sep 29 2017, 04:00:02 PM

Jjohansan said: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz3hqSt2P3k"

Um, Rachel Tucker?  Yes please!  This was fierce !

Who was the best understudy you have ever seen?
 May 4 2017, 08:11:11 AM

Stephanie Pope in "Kiss of the Spider Woman"!  I had seen Chita twice and Vanessa once and was blown away, but Ms. Pope was unbelievable and has legs for days!  This is my absolute favorite Broadway musical and I was fortunate to see the show several times in NYC.

Official TONY Nominations Thread
 May 2 2017, 08:56:11 AM

Boy!  Anastasia & Amelie were snubbed!  Also Josh Groban over Jon Jon Briones?   I don't think so!  I hate the political games the Tony committee plays because someone is a celebrity.  So much inconsistency with the number of nominees in each category.  I am very surprised that there weren't at least 5 Best Musical nominees.  IMO, too much love for Comet. Blah!

Riedel on Drabinsky yelling at Sousakzta rehersals
 Feb 2 2017, 11:21:08 AM

I LOVE what Tunick said to him!  Good for you Mr. Tunick.  Way to win fans and potential investors Garth.  Looks like you learned absolutely nothing in prison!

Thoughts on Passion?
 Dec 12 2016, 08:12:00 AM

I LOVE this score!  I think it is one of his best.  Sure, the book may not be great, but the score is one I return to over and over again.  I find it lush and haunting.  After seeing the original on stage and then again on DVD, I enjoyed it much better on DVD.  I think the performances of the OBC are wonderful.  Many people are sour about Passion.  It won Best Musical in a VERY weak year of shows.  I could sit through Passion over and over again as long

Victor/Victoria needs a revival
 Nov 28 2016, 08:17:19 AM

Stephanie J. Block would be wonderful in this show!

Tuck Everlasting
 Feb 2 2015, 08:42:48 AM
BTW, Fred Applegate is in the show now and he is hysterical. He also has a great number in Act 2!
Tuck Everlasting
 Feb 2 2015, 08:38:59 AM
I saw the matinee yesterday. It is just about ready for Broadway IMO. The production value of this is gorgeous and the performances equally gorgeous. Casey Nicholaw was three rows behind me and looked very pleased as I passed his seat at intermission and at the end. I thought the dancing was amazing. The ensemble is well used and works as a greek "dancing" chorus as well as vocally. This story has translated to the stage beautifully and I hope they transfer. Sarah Charles Lewis as Winnie
Disney will release 2-disc deluxe INTO THE WOODS soundtrack
 Nov 11 2014, 10:00:10 AM
I am able to see the track list in the UK store, but it doesn't allow for preview of the tracks. This sucks!
Miss Saigon Movie
 Nov 6 2014, 09:39:00 AM
I think Rob Marshall makes great movies. His interpretation of "Memoirs of a Geisha" (while not a musical) was stunning IMO. "Chicago" was the first year that I actually felt like the Academy Awards got it right. With the exception of snubbing him as a director. He know musicals and does a great job interpreting them for the screen. I find him far from a one hit wonder. He has proven himself as a film director.
Hedwig and the Angry Inch - 30 April 2014
 May 2 2014, 08:30:41 AM
As Rizzo would say, "Some people are so touchy"
BULLETS OVER BROADWAY Reviews
 Apr 11 2014, 09:06:06 AM
Do people really rely on critics to determine their entertainment value? I know tickets are expensive, but come on! Since when do critics know what the average Joe wants from a Broadway musical? Brantley wouldn't know an average Joe if he got punched in the face by one. I have never seen the point of critics. Let people make their own decisions about shows. There have been many well reviewed shows that just didn't cut it with audiences (Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson - Broadway) just as the
Lea Michele autobiography already?
 Feb 4 2014, 08:24:56 AM
She is only 27! Or is this a pseudo self-help book for young people? I guess things have changed when you release a memoir at 27 rather than later when you have a life story to tell. Perhaps she has lived enough of a life to do so. It just seems awfully early to write a memoir at 27.
Kiss of the Spider Woman CR
 Sep 16 2013, 09:18:42 AM
I love it too! I saw both casts on Broadway and while Chita and the OBC were phenomenal, Vanessa and Co. were equally great in their own way. I mean, Brian Stokes Mitchell and Howard McGillan? Fierce! This is my favorite musical ever to be produced on Broadway. I would more than welcome a revival!
Clue the Play/ Musical
 Aug 23 2013, 12:14:54 PM
I played Mrs. White (usually cast as a guy) in a production of Clue: The Musical a few years ago. The music is awful! The concept of course is wonderful as it is an audience participation show and those are usually fun. I enjoyed performing the show, but hated singing it.
Kiss of the Spider Woman - OBCR or 1994 BCR
 Aug 8 2013, 11:19:27 AM
I like the idea of CZJ or Bebe again as she played the role in London.
Kiss of the Spider Woman - OBCR or 1994 BCR
 Aug 8 2013, 10:22:37 AM
Kiss of the Spider Woman is my favorite Broadway musical and I had the privilege to see both the original and replacement Broadway casts. I saw the show 8 times over its run. Interested to know fan preferences of the two recordings done of this amazing show. I love the original, but I just LOVE the Vanessa Williams recording. Howard McGillin and Brian Stokes Mitchell are also quite amazing on the recording. It's early, but I certainly would LOVE a revival of this show. #missitsomuch.
Oz movie is successful, Wicked movie unlikely
 Mar 11 2013, 09:26:46 AM
I'm sorry, but Anne Hathaway can't sing either lead role the way they need to be sung. Sure, she is a good actress, but no "Wicked" one. IMO
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You