News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dmb_rent

dmb_rent Profile Photo
Member Name: dmb_rent
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/filmstudent
Blog Address: http://blog.myspace.com/filmstudent

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: RENT OBC?
 Jan 16 2008, 03:37:37 PM
nano - lol!

EDIT: oops, sorry for double post. accidentally clicked twice.

re: RENT OBC?
 Jan 16 2008, 03:37:37 PM
nano - lol!
re: June 1st 7:00PM?
 Jan 16 2008, 03:35:27 PM
Yeah, I mean, I can understand it extending throughout the summer. Although mostly that's just me hoping. What's the difference anyway. It's done.
re: RENT: Your First Time
 Jan 16 2008, 01:51:12 PM
My first time seeing RENT was in 2000. Ever since I've only wished I could've seen it with the original cast, but alas.... that wasn't the case.

I remember back in 1998, 1999 seeing commercials on TV for rent. I remember thinking then, even though I knew nothing about the show, that something about it looked interesting and captivating. Just in those few short seconds of commercial time. But then I thought nothing else about it. I've never been a big Broadway person, even though I live

Thank you, Jonathan Larson.
 Jan 16 2008, 01:32:36 PM
I feel like I just found out a family member died.

A very, very old family member who was ill and now, finally at peace.

I am very sad to hear about RENT, but...it's the right time. It's not the same anymore. I will miss it immensely with all my heart and soul, but for Jonathan, for the original cast. It doesn't have the same heart anymore, and hasn't for a long time.

I had a feeling, like many others I'm sure, that it would be coming to an end soon. When A

re: whiteboy spice and joanne1
 Jan 7 2007, 06:46:37 PM
Wow to you as well.
whiteboy spice and joanne1
 Jan 7 2007, 05:34:40 PM
come back. we miss you.
re: What show do you want to be revived on Broadway?
 Sep 3 2006, 11:49:16 AM
Tommy!
re: Just checking in...
 Aug 27 2006, 11:41:26 PM
Oh...wanted to ask - what kind of reviews is Christopher J. Hanke getting? I mean, by the fans....? Is he a good Mark so far? I was thinking about seeing the show again in the next month or so.
re: Just checking in...
 Aug 27 2006, 11:39:52 PM
Tim Howar was SUCH a sweetheart when I met him. He talked with me for ages about music. Very cool guy. ...But yes, he does like to yell in the show, doesn't he? I noticed that too. A bit over the top about it! He rocks though because he was in Tommy and hand picked by Pete Townshend himself. Too cool! :o)

Sarah

Just checking in...
 Aug 27 2006, 02:39:31 AM
Most of you probably don't remember me...I haven't been here in sooo long. But anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi! Any new RENT news going on? I'm incredibly out of the loop. Any Fredi visits or possibly Anthony? I suppose those days are long gone. Hope everyone is doing well and had a great summer.

Sarah

re: Photo Coverage: RENT's 10th Anniversary Concert
 Apr 25 2006, 12:37:24 AM
Oh how I love the last Anthony picture.

Agreed. He looks adorable! And he looked even better than that in real life! I can't believe that was only just a few hours ago...

re: RENT After Show INFO!
 Apr 24 2006, 11:34:14 PM
Oh, lastly...I was mega pissed because right after everyone went in at the beginning, these 2 girls must've snuck over to the entrance and talked to some guy in charge....they ended up with 2 free tickets that were leftover.

Argh. Argh.

But again, meeting the cast afterwards was the best. It made up for not having been able to see the show. I just really wanted to meet them and tell them all thank you. Right before saying bye to Fredi I said to her, "and than you, Jonathan

re: RENT After Show INFO!
 Apr 24 2006, 11:27:50 PM
Oh, and saw others like Sarah Jessica Parker and Mr. Broderick, Bon Jovi (whoooo, the Jove!) and Wilson Cruz.

I could care less about those except for Wilson who came over (and was the only one who came over) to say hi to a few of us. He was a doll.

The Jove, on the other hand....some kid went up to him and asked him to sign a microphone and Jovi told him no, then finally signed it and said "now get the f*ck out of my face." How ... polite.

Ok, that's all! Hope everyon

RENT After Show INFO!
 Apr 24 2006, 11:24:53 PM
Ok so I just got back from NYC. I wasn't one of the lucky ones that got to go inside :o( --- but I hung around throughout the whole thing anyway, as I posted I would earlier today.

After the show got to meet a bunch of people! I was actually able to get onto the red carpet when the OBC was coming out (amazing, because nobody was really supposed to be over there except people with tickets...but there was one really cool security guy) and I first met Jesse and Adam, I gave them both big

re: CONFIRMATION FOR RENT AT NYTW?
 Apr 24 2006, 04:13:36 PM
it said it on one of the websites, i thought...i mean i went to rent's site today and when i clicked on the 10th anniv thing it directed me to the nytw website, and the information about the show was on there.

i'm glad it's at nederlander though, that's right on my way home. i'm such a dork to be going there anyway, even without a ticket...but i figure it'll be nice to sort of feel like...there, even if i'm not inside. i'm sure others will be out there...hopefully, anyway.

Apr 24 2006, 04:08:45 PM
Thank you. :o)
 Apr 24 2006, 04:05:44 PM
For sure at Nederlander? Because the website still says it's going to be at NYTW. I don't get out of class until 5 so if I go to one instead of the other and it's the wrong one...I won't have time to get to the other.

Don't know what I'm worrying about anyway. My friend didn't win the lotto so I can't get in, but I thought I'd wait outside anyway....so then I'm at least sort of there. Have nothing else to do today anyway.

re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
 Apr 24 2006, 04:04:24 PM
Yeah, I was on the phone with my friend who was there and she said Constantine was retarded with the megaphone - that nobody could hear him.

He is a bit of a tool anyway. I was next to him in this VIP area at a concert last May, and all he did was check his cellphone the entire time. Loser. ;o)

CONFIRMATION FOR RENT AT NYTW?
 Apr 24 2006, 04:00:29 PM
I'm going to go over there after class but I just wanted confirmation from someone that it was going to be there. Nederlander is all dressed up as if they're going to have a red carpet there or something, I don't know if they did that JUST for the lottery, it didn't seem that way. So can someone respond to this and let me know if it's definitely going to be at the NYTW tonight? Thanks.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You