News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OOTI2004

OOTI2004 Profile Photo
Member Name: OOTI2004
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shea's Buffalo '08-'09 Season Announced.  Apr 11 2008, 12:19:48 AM
I'm from Buffalo, but living in New York city as well.
While its nice to see that Shea's is getting some recent shows, like The Color Purple, I'm a disappointed with Legally Blonde and we just had Rent and Mamma Mia! a little while ago.

re: Favorite Sondheim Lyric?  Mar 30 2008, 11:49:15 PM
"With the sea at our gate, we'll have kippered herring
Wot have swum to us straight from the Straits of Bering
Ev'ry night, in the kip, when we're through our kippers,
I'll be there slippin' off your slippers"

"I'll warm me bones on the esplanade,
Have tea and scones with me gay young blade,
Then I'll knit a sweater
While you write a letter
Unless we've got better to do-oo"

"But a seaside wedding could be devised,
Me rumpled bedding legitimized <

re: Favorite Song in each of the CURRENT Broadway shows?  Nov 2 2007, 05:22:30 PM
A Catered Affair- N/A
A Chorus Line- Dance: 10, Looks: 3
Ave Q- Fantasies Come True
Chicago- Funny Honey
Curtains- I Miss the Music
Dr S...Grinch Stole Christmas- N/A
Grease- Hopelessly Devoted to you (even though I'm upset they added the movie songs, I love that song!)
Hairspray- Without Love
In The Heights- N/A
Jersey Boys- My Eyes Adored You
Legally Blonde- Bend and Snap? (don't know the show well)
Les Miserables- One Day More
Mamma Mia- I

re: Fabulous Baker Boys  Oct 25 2007, 01:02:48 AM
Rachel York singing "Makin' Whoopee"...YES!!!

maybe I'd like to see Jane Krakowski in that role, too.

re: Any shows that offended you?  Aug 22 2007, 06:05:02 PM
Well some of the jokes in Spamalot I found to be completely unfunny and sometimes offensive. I have serious issues with that show. Its enjoyable, but I am not pleased by it.

I know its not a show, but I found Borat to be the most offensive thing I have ever experienced in my life. (Sorry I had to let that out)

re: Memorable parts in show tunes that haunt you  Aug 20 2007, 11:58:32 PM
The most haunting part of a musical for me is right after the Enchantment Passing Through reprise in Aida, when the (I believe its) the french horn takes over, I think its so beautiful and its always playing in my head.

Also in The Phantom of the Opera towards the end when Raoul sings "Don't Throw Your Life Away", that line is haunting to me.

re: Kline and Garner confirmed for Cyrano!  Aug 20 2007, 08:00:23 PM
I'm excited about Kline, but not too sure about the rest.

Can anyone else see the same cast in Moon Over Buffalo? I just got the image of Kline playing Cyrano in that and thought that Garner would fit the role of his daughter in that play so well...anyway.

re: The Les Miz revival  Aug 20 2007, 03:14:15 AM
I thought Ann Harada was HILARIOUS in the show.
re: Mack and Mabel Shaw Video  Aug 9 2007, 01:50:27 PM
Thats very interesting WOSQ because the other show that I saw Summer and Smoke, I only had the chance to see two. However I did not like it that much. I love Tennesse Williams plays and I do like the play but there was something about the production that I didn't find right. I know that does not explain it very well, but I was not very impressed by Summer and Smoke, although there are some great performances in it, and I did enjoy getting to see Williams live again.

As for Ranney moving

re: Mack and Mabel Shaw Video  Aug 9 2007, 01:46:09 AM
I just returned from my Shawfest trip, and I just wanted to say that I thought the production was simply amazing. I found no real flaw with the book, it moved along very well and was captivating the entire time. It was just stunning and I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it, having been a little skeptical about choosing this as one of the shows to see, since its had a so so reputation (book-wise)

Also, watching this production's version of "Time Heals Everything" was one of the most

re: Standing ovation in the middle of the show?  Aug 2 2007, 01:54:31 AM
I must say that I also wanted to give a standing ovation to Megan McGinnis after "On My Own", I thought it was something really special, and it felt as if I had never heard the song before, I was just in awe...anyway, but I felt the same way that the audience, especially those behind, me would be upset, and I know that while it is important to show what your feelings about something are, I also know that it is horrible to disrupt another person's theater-going experience.
re: Shows that shouldn't/won't be revived  Jul 12 2007, 09:07:10 PM
I strongly disagree with istillbelieve and basically this thread

I just saw Les Miz for the first time, I never had the chance to see it before and I absolutely loved it. Just want to say that Megan McGinnis (or however it is spelled)was simply heartbreaking.

Anyway my point is I love revivals because they give me, and countless others, the chance to see shows that we didn't have the opportunity to catch. I would love for them to revive Miss Saigon eventually, and I would love

re: Performers you didn't like but now love  Jul 6 2007, 02:45:07 AM
For a little while I couldn't stand kerry butler's voice, but now while I wouldn't say I LOVE it, I do really enjoy it.
re: Guys and Dolls Revival Set for Feb. '08 Broadway Bow  Jul 4 2007, 01:52:31 AM
I would love to see Rachel York in this. I think she could definately play Sarah and her Adelaide would be amazing.
Can Anyone Else See...  Jun 23 2007, 02:09:33 PM
Meryl Streep as Norma Desmond in the musical version of Sunset Boulevard.

I remember there being talk of a movie adaptation that would most likely feature Glenn Close, and I was just thinking I would love to see Meryl Streep do it instead.

re: Chita Rivera-A Dancers Life  May 31 2007, 08:30:14 PM
I was amazed watching Chita, I loved every minute. (saw it last night as well).
Anyway, I do agree with you that she is showing that she has aged, but if you think about it, she could dance better than most 50 year olds and she is 74! I found her to be captivating and still thought she danced amazingly well.

Also, I think her voice sounded great actually better than on some of the cast recordings. Her All That Jazz sounded great and better than the version the girl I had seen in th

re: Longest running plays (not musicals.) ?  May 10 2007, 02:59:06 PM
If you look up "longest running broadway shows" on google, it should give a link with that exact title. It will give you the same list as playbill, but the plays are indicated with a /.
re: 2007/2008 La Jolla Playhouse Season  May 5 2007, 11:32:02 PM
For some reason that Most Wanted automatically reminds me of Badlands (excellent film)
re: My Thoughts on DEUCE - Just plain....  Apr 18 2007, 06:31:19 PM
I'm pretty sure she is supposed to say the wrong name. She did the same thing when I saw it and it seemed like part of the script.

I know its your opinion and I'm not attacking you, but you say that you didn't care for these women at all, which I find suprising because I truly felt for them and while the script did not have a clear connection I still was interested in these women's thoughts. (As did the the rest of the audience who seemed totally invested in the play, unlike at many oth

re: Lisa Rinna Singing on Dancing with the Stars Now  Apr 17 2007, 09:38:46 PM
I'm really suprised at how much I didn't like her. I always thought that she seemed fun when she was on the show, and if her singing wasn't all that great she would be able to carry her songs with personality, but there was no charisma in her performance.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You