News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheGirlontheSwing

TheGirlontheSwing Profile Photo
Member Name: TheGirlontheSwing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Extremist Christian Analysis of American Culture on RENT  Nov 28 2005, 10:05:01 PM
UGGH- things like this make me heated! I grew up in strict Christian high school full of the type of people who hold these opinons -so i know a thing or two about what the bible actually has to say- so newsflash to these closeminded judgmental PARANOID people writing these ridiculous reviews- Rent is about making the most of the time we are given on this earth and taken care of the people around you- these people need to lern to practice what they preach and stop being so closeminded!
(so

re: Birdie Revival in Near Future?  Nov 28 2005, 09:55:45 PM
OK no offense- but Lindsey Lohan or Mandy Moore for Kim- please God no!
Donna Murphy on the other hand i would like to see as Rosie possibly

re: New WICKED cast  Nov 28 2005, 09:50:18 PM
YAY- i love Eden! Shes so perfect for Elphaba!
re: Scairest Moment in a Musical  Nov 28 2005, 09:35:59 PM
I have to say that the childcatcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is absoulty frightening! The way he shreaks..." chiiilldreen"
very scary!

re: Another audition thread, sorry  Nov 26 2005, 09:37:40 PM
I think of anything funny of the top of my head- but i would recommend somthing classic but upbeat- somthing by Gershwin perhaps- if anything better pops into my head i'll post again
re: Hairspray Love Thread ;-) ;-) ;-)  Nov 26 2005, 09:34:33 PM
It is impossible to see this show and not leave happy- it is not only one of the most energetic and fun musicals i've ever seen, it has a moving story which makes it that much more fabulous. And of course who doesn't love the music- i have to say that the current bway cast is very impressive- no big names or anything- but i went back recently after having seen the OBC years ago and i was so impressed with the talent that is in the show right now- so everyone see it again and again and again!!
re: Thank You Jonathan Larson  Nov 26 2005, 09:30:55 PM
There are no words to describe what Rent has meant to me- it has inspired me to pursue my dream, and more importantly to be the person i am today. I could never repay Jonathan Larson for what he has given me through his words and music and this amazing story or love and friendship. Thank you Jonathan Larson.

- I absouluty LOVE tick tick boom as well!

re: Come On And Ease ON DOWN THE ROAD! Bring Back The WIZ  Nov 26 2005, 11:03:58 AM
Marcy Harriell as Dorothy!!!!!!!!!
re: Heather Headley album is out!!  Nov 21 2005, 08:51:08 PM
heather headley is so awsome- her first solo album is one of my favorites to work out too! (sings)" understand the nature of a man.."
re: Do you consider yourself an actor/singer?  Nov 21 2005, 08:46:32 PM
I started out as a "bunhead" ballerina from a young age- and eventually got into acting and singing through being involved in school and regional shows- now musical theatre is my passion bc its a fusion of music dance an acting.
re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals  Nov 21 2005, 08:44:07 PM
"A Call From the Vatican" from Nine- hands down!
re: Dream Revivals...  Nov 18 2005, 02:13:30 PM
definatly Hair
Also I'd die to see Bernadette do into the woods
-speaking of the wiz i heard somewhere that there was talk of a revival and Marcy Harriell did a reading for dorothy so i really hope thats not just a stupid rumor bc i would love to see her in that role!

re: Best Tom Stoppard Play? Arcadia?  Nov 18 2005, 02:02:41 PM
Has anyone seen "Artist Descending a Staircase" bc i am going to college production tonight?
re: Piazza or DRS?  Nov 16 2005, 01:40:31 PM
DRS is a guarenteed good time- Norbert is fabulous and the show is just so much fun! ALITP is a beautiful show but i found it to be a bit long and drawn out so i would recommend DRS
re: Dont you hate... (RENT related)  Nov 15 2005, 09:30:13 PM
I totally agree- thats actually one of the first things i thought about when i heard about the movie- i was like ughhh now all these annoying people who don't give a **** r going to be running around talking about how its there favorite thing ever! Stuff that like just pisses me off.
re: 'Life' Goes On  Nov 11 2005, 12:34:06 PM
HAHA- thats so funny! that makes my day- that man is insane!
entrance applause, sorry to harp-  Nov 11 2005, 12:33:20 PM
thats so dissapointing to hear- i saw the OBC so everyone in the audience loved every moment- i was thinking about going back- but mabey i'll rethink that.
re: Adam Pascal Moving To L.A.  Nov 9 2005, 09:40:59 PM
I would love to see Adam have a succesful film career- as long as he comes back to bway someday!
Best BFA Musical Theater Programs  Nov 8 2005, 08:36:41 PM
I've heard that univesity of oklahoma has one of the best programs in the country. Also Boston Conservatory is very good as well but they are very selective.
re: Favorite RENT Character  Nov 8 2005, 08:34:20 PM
Roger (sigh)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You