News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for xoxRogue

xoxRogue Profile Photo
Member Name: xoxRogue
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Pippin Question  Apr 19 2008, 12:53:48 AM
No doesn't Theo sing "Corner Of The Sky" than everyone is like "Join ussssssssss!"

Yes, Theo does sing "Corner of the Sky" a capella, at the very end of the show.

And if I recall correctly, after the verse, "Magic to Do" begins to play and he is led off with The Leading Player.

Ah, from wikipedia:
"Alternate Ending: The currently licensed edition of Pippin has a slightly different ending. After Pippin avers his contentment with a simple life with Cat

Julie Andrew's book signing  Apr 3 2008, 02:25:13 PM
I was there -- didn't get my booked signed, got there after they ran out of wristbands, but I did hear her speak.

What truly annoys me is that the employees were saying that she would not be speaking, yet they had prepared four questions for her to answer. I assume they were lying to get a lot of people out of the store.

The woman who asked the questions looked my friend right in the eye saying she was just going to come on stage and sign books. That was all.

Neverth

re: punctuation in show titles  Mar 10 2008, 12:27:58 AM
Ain't Misbehavin'
Bright Lights, Big City
Jelly's Last Jam
No, No, Nanette
Shout! The Mod Musical
Singin' in the Rain
The Baker's Wife

Julie Andrews at Union Square Barnes & Noble April 2  Feb 26 2008, 10:01:30 PM
As the subject says, Julie Andrews will have an Author Event at the Barnes & Noble at Union Square April 2, 2008.

Her memoir, Home: A Memoir of My Early Years, hits stores the day before.

http://storelocator.barnesandnoble.com/eventdetail.do?store=2675&event=22652907

I thought some people may be interested.

re: Company Commentary Thread  Feb 21 2008, 02:00:50 PM
Unfortunately for Brabra Walsh, whom I thought was excellent, she is playign the role originated by Elaine Stritch, and that is a tough comparison.

When Stritch got to "Everybody rise", half the house did!

I feel like I need to address this. Joanne wasn't only originated by Elaine Stritch, she was BASED on her as well. So, I mean, it would be hard for Barbra Walsh to "beat" (wrong term, but whatever) a woman who is playing a role based on herself. (Which

re: Member's Only Preview of Big New Site Feature - BETA  Feb 16 2008, 12:19:56 AM
Oooo, I can't wait to browse the site. So far, it looks great!

Terrific job, you guys!

re: Will Ferrell to do Broadway Solo Show  Jan 16 2008, 04:19:49 PM
as long as he sings "music of the night" like he did on Letterman a few years back, I'm there!

"I'm really lonely. I'd love to have a girlfriend. Something happened to my face...that's why I wear a scary mask..."

I'm there if he does anything. I would love for him to rap again. Loved his SNL Devil scene with Garth Brooks.

ETA: The Phantom video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EkxRsrpsAcQ
Youtube, yes, but CBS hosts it.

re: RENT: Your First Time  Jan 16 2008, 11:29:25 AM
I don't even remember the date when I first saw it, but the first time I went to listen to the cast recording from start to finish, I fell asleep during the middle of the first act and woke up during "Halloween". :)
re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread  Dec 24 2007, 01:40:33 AM
When sitting on their porch, he half-heartedly puts a hand on her lap.

Actually, that's when they are sitting on the blanket, the three of them.

re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread  Dec 21 2007, 11:14:07 PM
-Pirelli was a hoot! I was afraid of it being overly cartoonish, but it was great, especially Toby being afraid of the razor when holding the strop!

He wasn't just afraid of the razor -- notice the bandages and blood on his hands? The razor was cutting him every time Pirelli was sharpening it.

That Italian flag...

re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread  Dec 21 2007, 06:43:31 PM
And might I just add that I was surprised that By The Sea made it into the film not only at all, but that it is one of the most delightful scenes in the film.

I really wasn't prepared for that at all. It was fantastic.

Seriously, when my friends and I got out of the theater, we said that we could watch that scene again at that very moment.

re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread  Dec 21 2007, 03:45:36 AM
SPOILER?

Interesting turn when Sweeney let Johanna go, eh? Rather than having her run away, that is.

re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread  Dec 21 2007, 03:29:14 AM
Absolutely f*cking loved it. Every single minute.

Yeah, what you said.

OH MAN. Johnny in "By the Sea"? Can we discuss how amazing that was? Yes?

re: TCP Movie - LaChanze or Fantasia?  Dec 17 2007, 12:49:06 PM
Isn't Whoopi good enough!? Heh

I mean, the movie was already a hit...and it had Danny Glover and Oprah. Those are some big names.

I don't know if I would like to see the musical put on screen.

re: Was Sweeney Todd Real?  Dec 12 2007, 02:03:22 PM
From the site: "Extensive, painstaking research by British author Peter Haining has shown this without a doubt. "

Okay, now wait. From what I have read, Haining tended NOT to give proper sources for his book, and none of it is taken as proven fact.

This is the probably the most accurate actual newspaper article:

December 1784, in the Annual Register. The newspaper entry read:

A most remarkable murder was perpetrated in the following m

re: Manoel Felciano Solo CD  Dec 11 2007, 02:05:16 PM
The tracklist for the CD is as follows:

1. Keep it Slow
2. Another Day
3. Ready to Fly
4. Time
5. Sing it to Me
6. Wake Up
7. Don't Feed The Beast
8. Faux Pas
9. More Than You Know
10. Louisiana 1927

The last three are recorded from his June 4th Joe's Pub gig.

re: Adam Pascal Concert -Jan. 19 - New Haven , CT  Dec 4 2007, 06:58:07 PM
There are some pictures on this page:
http://www.capa.com/newhaven/venues/

Edit: It says it has 1600 seats. I was in one of the first couple rows in the last section, and it wasn't really hard to see.

re: Adam Pascal Concert -Jan. 19 - New Haven , CT  Dec 4 2007, 06:49:20 PM
Last time I was at that theatre (for the RENT tour, actually), I had drunk men asking me if I wanted to go to a bar with them.

Ahh, the memories.

It's a larger venue than what I would expected him to play at.

re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING  Nov 26 2007, 07:37:23 AM
I'm not sure if there were a few empty seats or not, but it look as if it was almost full.

It was a full-on rehearsal. There were entrances/exits, but no costume changes (unless you consider coats and hats costumes).

re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING  Nov 26 2007, 07:31:17 AM
Some of them need to work on their accents, but I think that will come with time.

Oh, the accent.

Overall, I throughly enjoy the play. There were definitely times where I would be surprised and confused. The "eh?" moments, if you so please -- but I think those add to the dysfunction of the family. As someone...wise once said (paraphrase) "You can intellectually analyze this play until you turn purple." (Or something like that, hehe)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You