News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cubbiegirl

cubbiegirl Profile Photo
Member Name: cubbiegirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Liotte's Chicago Spelling Bee review! Aug 24, 2006
 Aug 29 2006, 02:00:02 PM
Can anyone comment on how crowded the lottery is? I am thinking about trying to go this Sunday night..
re: At the 25th Annual Putnam Count Spelling Bee...last night
 Jan 13 2006, 12:48:50 PM
Thanks for that link..that was an amazing story.
re: Derrick Williams as Fiyero?!
 Jan 11 2006, 05:57:51 PM
Well, I think Derrick was jaw-droppingly hot..especially up close. But I always thought that in the play..there was more to Fiyero than his attractiveness. Think about what happens..there are all these dorks in uniforms prouncing around. Galinda is a prissy, bubbly, bouncing goofball..although it is clear that academics do matter to her. (After all, she desperately wants to be in the sorcery program..and that is what Elphaba does for her to "repay" her for the hat and Nessa thing.) Galinda alway
re: Derrick Williams as Fiyero?!
 Jan 11 2006, 10:16:28 AM
Saw Derrick in St Louis. Not only did I not find him to be "gay" acting (whatever that means)..I thought that his portrayal of Fiyero was quite accurate to the impression I had of Fiyero based on the novel. I thought he portrayed the idea of Fiyero being a party guy who went much deeper than that quite well, and for the first time since hearing the music of the show I understood why the women would be attracted to him.

In fact, I thought his ALAYM was SMOKING HOT. Stephanie and Derrick

re: Original RENTHEAD or 'Newbie'?
 Jan 9 2006, 07:22:19 PM
I'm 27, so I would of been old enough to see the original cast. It wasn't really on my radar back then. It is foolish to assume that anyone could see the show though..even $20 tickets would have been way too much of a luxury back then for me..my family was trying to find money to put food on the table.

That all being said, I'm old enough now to go see productions on my own. I live in nowhere Missouri, and the closest tour stop is usually St Louis which is a three hour drive. I'll be hea

re: TV ALERT - Kristin Chenoweth on Ellen
 Jan 3 2006, 12:51:53 PM
She's so tiny. Even with big heels on. She's so funny.
re: 2 new Wicked Tour Reviews - Washington Examiner and Free-Lance Star
 Dec 29 2005, 07:16:21 PM
The Free Lance Star is my hometown newspaper! I don't live there anymore though.

Great Stephanie reviews as always.

re: Why do some people hate Rosie so much?
 Dec 26 2005, 03:41:26 PM
Thanks for the explanation greenifyed. That is sad that it that happened that way. Who knows what the explanation is.

Glad you won anyway!

re: Why do some people hate Rosie so much?
 Dec 25 2005, 10:03:53 PM
greenified, what made you dislike her after you won the contest? Just curious as I also entered.
re: DC Wicked Tour Review - Washington Post
 Dec 24 2005, 01:11:31 PM
Stephanie L Block? Heh.

Now she is an operatic powerpuff girl.

re: what do you think of show groupies???
 Dec 24 2005, 11:25:43 AM
I brought up the friend thing. I am sure that people actually do become friends with actors that they meet at a stage door or whatever. To me, a friend means that they would call you, or hang out with you. They are your friend removed from the show. They are not your friend if you only see them when you get their autograph.

I have seen a few instances in the past week where people have said that they are friends with a Broadway performer. How do they know? Because they returned a signed

re: what do you think of show groupies???
 Dec 23 2005, 11:00:01 PM
The only people who bug me are the ones who have no boundaries and no perception of reality. Sure, love Wicked. Love Rent. See the show every night if you want. Go to the stage door every night if it makes you happy.

But if Idina returns a signed picture to you, do not go on messageboards and drop into the conversation "And Idina is my really good friend"

Because she's not.

re: DC Wicked Tour Review - Washington Post
 Dec 23 2005, 10:51:11 PM
"Most girls walk into the theater wanting to be Glinda," Block says, "but they leave the theater wanting to be Elphaba. That's such a great statement because . . . society pounds into young women [the need] to be the kind, bubbly, beautiful, blond-haired, sparkly girl. But by the end of the play, they've found something deeper. . . . I find that to be such a true and beautiful and strong statement."

I like that.

re: Stephanie J. Block songs added to Scott Alan's website
 Dec 23 2005, 11:42:41 AM
I didn't see anyone dissing any other performer except for you footlooser, saying she is not worthy of all the BWW praise.

The original poster was just saying that while he loves Idina, he would have preferred to see Stephanie in the OBC. Maybe an overtalked about topic, but not bashing at all.

Anyway, I think Stephanie has an amazing voice and I hope she gets everything she is hoping for.

re: Wicked in DC review
 Dec 23 2005, 11:35:21 AM
Saw the tour in St Louis and there were sound problems there too. Don't know what is going on.
re: Wierd Question... Idina's Rent tatoo?
 Dec 22 2005, 08:34:24 PM
But your point is? She's not trying to get a art piece done on her body. She liked a tattoo that she saw and wants that done. She's not trying to make a statement, be creative or contribute to the art portfolio of a particular tattoo artist.

She is chosing to put a design on HER body that she finds appealing. Who cares if it is done in a touristy place or something someone else would get? If that's what she wants, then more power to her. I have a tattoo which I like a lot, but I'm not s

re: Wicked in Washington D.C.
 Dec 22 2005, 08:31:14 PM
Thanks for the review! I think they have sound problems sometimes when they get to a new town. I had trouble hearing Stephanie from the nosebleed seats in the first couple of songs and then they turned up her mic and it was much better.
re: Stephanie J. Block songs added to Scott Alan's website
 Dec 22 2005, 08:26:45 PM
I do!
re: Wierd Question... Idina's Rent tatoo?
 Dec 22 2005, 08:25:20 PM
Well it seems logical to believe that in the world there are people with the same tattoos. Think how many people have cartoon characters, or tribal bands that are all the same.

Anyway, sorry, I don't have a picture of the tattoo but I'm sure you can find one somewhere online.

re: Wicked in Washington D.C.
 Dec 22 2005, 12:47:13 PM
No problem..still waiting for a review. Can't wait to see if Stephanie is able to continue to be operatic! :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You