News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for acrocksyo

acrocksyo Profile Photo
Member Name: acrocksyo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Same Sex Tacular with Project Runway's Chris March!  Aug 21 2010, 07:47:57 PM
bump
re: Bailey Hanks In Wicked  Nov 26 2008, 02:46:17 PM
She doesn't have the comedic timing skills to play Glinda. She missed the timing of every joke in Legally Blonde, and was kind of winking at the audience every time she said anything trying to land the laugh.
re: Travolta Snubs Edna  Oct 27 2008, 04:37:49 PM
Musical sequels are amazing, especially if they're bad. Bring it on!
re: Leslie Kritzer: Another Reason Why I Love This Woman  Oct 17 2008, 03:30:56 PM
You're never above SNL, unless you're an established star, which she is not. I mean look at Keenan Thompson, former child star turned SNL regular.

re: Julia Murney is singing on the Today Show soon  Oct 16 2008, 10:38:38 AM
She's probably on for the "Everyone Has A Story" song thing that Kathie Lee is doing to promote herself as a songwriter. Norm Lewis did the first one.
re: Kristin Chenoweth helps support the launch of a new charity  Oct 15 2008, 04:39:22 PM
BAH! Who cares if she didn't stop to take pictures, she doesn't owe anyone anything. A lot of Broadway stars are gracious enough to stop and take photos and sign things. It's not in their contract that they have to stay and talk with everyone or sign everything. Get over it! For serious.
re: Family Guy Sings! in NYC  Oct 13 2008, 04:28:48 PM
They said they would be giving out discount codes, but only to people who didn't whine for closing night tickets to RENT. So looks like you're SOL!
re: Family Guy Sings! in NYC  Oct 13 2008, 04:28:33 PM
They said they would be giving out discount codes, but only to people who didn't whine for closing night tickets to RENT. So looks like you're SOL!
re: The Future of Bailey?  Oct 3 2008, 02:34:03 PM
I do know that she had an audition with Disney a while ago, so who knows. Maybe they will cast her something.
re: Legally Blonde or The Little Mermaid?  Sep 25 2008, 10:18:45 AM
Legally Blonde, TLM is a trainwreck!
re: The Future of Bailey?  Sep 25 2008, 10:17:16 AM
Bailey was lackluster as Elle, I think she would do well in a role where she doesn't have to act. She could probably be successful in Mamma Mia, because she could just be weird and sing ABBA songs. I know that she auditioned for Disney casting agents a while ago, so maybe she will get in a show with them. We'll see!
re: Jerry Zaks Directing Nerds  Sep 19 2008, 07:30:13 PM
LOL! Oh course Emma would have high demands like that! I always forget that she is a star!
Jerry Zaks Directing Nerds  Sep 19 2008, 05:44:46 PM
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/121553.html

So Emma is going to be an understudy in this show too right? Or was her "performance" on Legally Blonde The Search For The Next Elle Woods elevate her to "star" status.

re: AADA  Sep 12 2008, 11:38:21 AM
try a community college if you're grades aren't good enough to get into a 4 year university. A lot of community colleges have arts departments. Then when you've been there for a couple years you can transfer, and usually unless the school is a conservatory you're going to have to take "real subjects"
re: How to get comps?  Sep 12 2008, 11:33:03 AM
The best way to get comps is to make nice with people in the industry. Have friends who work on shows, with production companies, in theaters, streetwalkers, pimps, you know your typical New Yorkers, everyone knows someone!
re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!  Sep 5 2008, 12:24:37 PM
We'll see only time will tell, she was not that good in Beauty and the Beast, maybe she'll surprise me in this.
re: Bailey After Blonde?  Sep 4 2008, 04:08:44 PM
I saw her last night. She was okay, perfectly capable in the role, but she didn't really bring anything new or special to it, her comic timing wasn't as good as LBB and her singing was okay. She did well for someone who hasn't done a lot of theater in the past, but she needs some more training if she's going to get cast in anything else and be a star in any other capacity.
re: What show do you regret seeing the most?  Sep 3 2008, 10:09:30 AM
Hurm, Walmartopia was pretty awful. But the show I regret seeing was Les Miserables(the "revival"), three hours of torture and Ali Ewolt screeching, at least I got to see Lea Salonga, but otherwise what a waste!
re: Suggestions From People Related To AMDA...  Aug 28 2008, 03:32:57 PM
AMDA is only good if you put in the effort to make it good, the only people who are successful that come out of AMDA are people that worked really really hard and took dance classes at other places and worked on their craft outside of school.

You're better going to a 4 year program somewhere. You should try Syracuse they have an excellent theater program, as well as a local school in your area. You'll be paying the same price for a BA as you would for a two year certificate from AMDA

re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!  Aug 22 2008, 04:50:28 PM
Idina's album was boring, all her songs blended together.

So we can only see what happens, and uh Chino, I can be negative if I want. The music industry isn't sunshine and cookies all the time.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You