pixeltracker

Shoshana's record finally has a release date!

Shoshana's record finally has a release date!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#1Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:22am

From her blog:

"RELEASE DATE DECEMBER 2ND 2008!!!!
Alright my patient loves. . .Yes, it's true, we have finally chosen a release date! Tuesday December 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!! So mark your calendars and add the CD to your X-mas and Hannukah lists, cuz it's for really real!!! It'll make a great stocking stuffer. . . .:)First single will be released October 7th, so be on the lookout for that too. . . .I adore you all for your continued support and patience, it means the world to me.
XOXOXOXO,
a very happy Sho"

I wonder what the first single will be.
I enjoy her original stuff a lot.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#2re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:30am

Yes!! This woman is amazing!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#2re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:38am

I think she should release 'Superhero' first.

It's really catchy and sells her to the public with a good first track...then she can follow it up with 'Home' or a song that really shows what that voice of hers can do!

I don't imagine she will be 'do well' with the album in terms of cracking the charts, but it may give her the time to shine as an artist and sell herself to a label.

I really hope she gets discovered. People praise Leona Lewis as the 'next Mariah Carey', when women such as Sho actually HAVE the voice to her level, just not the publicity. Shame.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#3re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:40am

I know I'll be purchasing one. I think this could do EXTREMELY well on the adult contemporary charts. If she can get on The View and Regis and Kelly. She'd sell this album to those middle aged women.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#4re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 11:37am

toanythingtaboo2 - I hope her first single is 'superhero' too! :)

toanythingtaboo 2
#5re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 11:43am

It's a great song!

Guess we never know...there might be better material we've yet to hear...

It's all in the promotion, so if she can manage to appear on the top day time TV shows, she should be on the right track.

Ellen is quite the one to give rising talent a chance.

The View is usually good with musical theatre promotion, as are Regis + Kelly on occasion.

SNL? Guest star as the 'live act' on those kind of shows.

Then get her ass to the UK and promote the hell out of it haha.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#6re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 11:48am

Is she even on a record label?

toanythingtaboo 2
#7re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 12:04pm

Her myspace has her down as 'unsigned' last time I checked.

defyingravity23 Profile Photo
defyingravity23
#8re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 12:12pm

Say it with me: It is about time.

Hey Mods how about unbanning my old account (Defyingravity07). Which was supposed to be freed on August 18th here we are August 21st and it is still blocked.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#9re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 12:13pm

I believe she's signed with Brian McKnight's label (or at least she was if she's not anymore)... not a coincidence that she sang with him on the Lady of Soul Awards.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#10re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 12:22pm

yes, she is signed with a label. I don't remember which one....

it's not McKnight's, per say, as he is just a co-investor in the label. he is THE producer for her album though.

she started working on this album last year, in the spring. it's amazing that they're finally getting it done. I didn't think it would happen.

just a warning that it's A LOT of really soulful R&B and pop. not really any adult contemp or newly-arranged showtunes. I've heard a couple of the rough cuts and it's VERY r&b/soul. with some infused hip hop.

interesting stuff.

jarretSF Profile Photo
jarretSF
#11re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 1:28pm

She is also performing at the "Kingdom" party at Anaheim's House of Blues as part of Gay Days Anaheim at Disneyland the first Saturday in October.

Some people come into our lives and quietly go, others stay a while, and leave footprints on our heart, and we are never the same.

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#12re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 7:27pm

SQUEE!!!!!

I'm sorry, it just had to be done.

I'm so happy for her.

chino Profile Photo
chino
#13re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 11:02pm

re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!

OMIGOD FINALLY! I can't wait!

She's calling the album "Superhero"

Since the photo I posted does not work, here's the album cover
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1249891&id=581486123

Updated On: 8/22/08 at 11:02 PM

soon2bstar Profile Photo
soon2bstar
#14re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 1:22am

I am soo excited for this. I have been waiting so log for her new album I guess I could wait till December.

softershade Profile Photo
softershade
#15re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 11:56am

The cover art reminds me A LOT of Leona Lewis' CD cover...

A Fleur De Toi Profile Photo
A Fleur De Toi
#16re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 12:18pm

i can see Superhero scaling the charts, with a bit more marketing of that single.

does anyone know if the UK release date is the same as that of US?

In Soviet Russia, Wicked hates you too!

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#17re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 12:24pm

Hurm, does anyone remember all the money that went into marketing Idina Menzel's album? And how it was playing in every movie theater and every mall, and it didn't make Idina a household name?

It's all a matter of luck and timing, and are people ready to see a nice Jewish Girl from the Northwest sing soul/r&b? Don't mean to be a pessimist but the cards are not stacked in her favor.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

chino Profile Photo
chino
#18re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 4:32pm

Her songs are really catchy... so instead of thinking negatively why don't we wish her all the best.

toanythingtaboo 2
#19re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 4:35pm

The thing about Idina's album was that its nice, but not really a mainstream sound.

I doubt Shoshana will have mainstream success (even though its deserved) with her record, but she has a much better chance because it's more 'now' and has a soulful and r&b sound...while Idina's sounded like a musical theatre star doing pop.

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#20re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 4:50pm

Idina's album was boring, all her songs blended together.

So we can only see what happens, and uh Chino, I can be negative if I want. The music industry isn't sunshine and cookies all the time.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#21re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 5:01pm

Yay Shoshana. Her show at Joe's Pub was crazy. In, you know, the good way.

Can, can I have it?

chino Profile Photo
chino
#22re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 5:22pm

Uh acrocksyo, I am not taking that right from you... and I respect your views. And yes, you do have a point.

I'm just hoping that it work out for her. re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!

A Fleur De Toi Profile Photo
A Fleur De Toi
#23re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/22/08 at 11:43pm

Shoshana's songs are way more catchy. I have Idina's album and honestly, I like only 2 songs and even so, they sound pretty similar. I still firmly believe Idina should do more jazz, rather than pop.

And just that day I was randomly checking out Sho's singles off her myspace and my housemate passed by and he was like, "Woah, who's that? It's awesome." Well perhaps, with more airtime on the radio, ppl will start noticing her singles first before they know who Shoshana is, because granted she isnt very popular. Her first single is critical.

With idina's case, it was more like "Oh, Star of smash hit RENT and WICKED - here's her CD." But her pop songs pale in comparison to what the pop industry can offer. Plus, she isnt that popular out of MT circles either.

Maybe that could make all the difference? Just hope it works out for her too, she deserves it.

In Soviet Russia, Wicked hates you too!

tothestage468 Profile Photo
tothestage468
#24re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!
Posted: 8/23/08 at 12:08am

I saw her perform a couple of the tracks like a year ago, and they were great then...I'm super excited for this CD! Updated On: 10/22/08 at 12:08 AM

Videos