News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Phan#24601

Phan#24601 Profile Photo
Member Name: Phan#24601
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite Same-Sex Duets  Sep 24 2014, 04:05:31 PM
"Here Comes the Morning"- MARTIN GUERRE
and the song that replaced it in the revised version was the only good one from that production, so
"Live With Somebody You Love"- MARTIN GUERRE (US revised version)

IS LOVE NEVER DIES COMING TO BROADWAY?????  Sep 22 2014, 11:56:31 AM
God I hope LOVE NEVER DIES never reaches Broadway. Here are a few major glaring issues that would have kept any of that awful story from even happening:

1) As mean as this sounds, Gustave should have been a child resulting from rape. I mean, there is no evidence of that in the musical, but in the 2004 film, even the director said that he meant the whole thing when Christine is wearing stockings during "Music of the Night" and after, when she wakes up for "I Remember", she is no longer

La Jolla Playhouse Seating  Sep 13 2014, 05:23:42 PM
Ok thanks so much! I will take that into consideration when trying to get tickets.
La Jolla Playhouse Seating  Sep 13 2014, 04:51:04 PM
What is the seating situation at the La Jolla Playhouse? I have not been able to access a seating chart anywhere on the mobile website, and have never been. Also, how are the seats in Area 2? Some of people in my party, myself included, might be interested in the 30 & under seating, but we would like to know more about the area in which those seats are. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Canned Orchestras  Aug 1 2014, 03:11:00 PM
It is nice to know what the end result will sound like from the beginning, but I still despise the prerecorded track route. I hope that professional productions do not go the way of them in the future...
Canned Orchestras  Aug 1 2014, 01:43:55 PM
How do you guys feel about canned orchestras? I'm just wondering because I will be in a production of SWEENEY TODD-yes Sondheim, of all things to be extremely difficult to keep up with from a recorded orchestra!-tonight and tomorrow night, and thought it would be worth getting opinions about. Personally, I think nothing beats a live orchestra that can actually work with the actors and change tempos depending on what is happening on any particular night.
SWEENEY TODD Question  Jul 19 2014, 08:45:04 PM
So, during "God, That's Good!" does anyone know why the chorus sings these two huge messes of sentences:

"God, that's good! That is de-have you-licious
Ever tasted smell such oh my God
What more that's pies good!"
And
"God that's good! That is de-have you-licious
Ever tasted smell such oh my God
What perfect more that's pies such flavor
God that's good!"

My sister says that the customers are starting to get so drunk off ale that they can no lo

Songs That Have Moved You To Tears  Mar 11 2014, 02:15:52 PM
"Bui Doi" from MISS SAIGON, as with a bunch of other songs from that musical...

Pretty much all of the 2nd act of NEXT TO NORMAL and LES MIS, especially the finales.

"Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" and the whole final song from PHANTOM...

I actually cry during most performances I see live.

Why did SUNSET BOULEVARD fail?  Feb 3 2014, 07:07:43 PM
I think the appeal to she show, for me is that the score sounds like a remarkable mixture of the EVITA & CATS scores...if that makes any sense. Thinking about that, it almost sounds like it would be a bad thing, but it sounded perfect to me. I can definitely see where the story would not hold up particularly well though.
Why did SUNSET BOULEVARD fail?  Feb 2 2014, 08:08:42 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys know what caused such a masterpiece to end up not doing well. I heard it was that Glenn Close left the production or something, but I just think it is actually a pretty decent work of Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Also wondering about your takes on the show. What did you guys think of it?

The Light in the Piazza at South Coast Rep  Jan 27 2014, 07:53:58 PM
I'm going on the 13th, and I'm pretty excited about it. I have never been to that theatre before, but I'm sure it will be a nice venue and a great show!
Opinions Regarding Seating  Jan 27 2014, 01:18:20 AM
Sorry double post
Opinions Regarding Seating  Jan 27 2014, 01:18:19 AM
Oh wow you guys are so funny! I actually just had a change of plans and will not be able to go anymore, but you just made everything better after that major downer. Thanks for weighing in on such a random topic!
Opinions Regarding Seating  Jan 27 2014, 12:07:37 AM
So when you guys see a more grandiose show that has a lot of scenery or characters/action on stage during many scenes, like PHANTOM, do you guys like to sit in the front row of the orchestra, or the front row of the mezzanine? Just wondering because I might get the chance to see LES MIS alone, and would also be able set myself up with once-in-a-lifetime front center orchestra seats!
Musical Recommendations  Nov 26 2013, 04:19:38 PM
I have been looking for musicals to obsesses over, and figured that you guys would know of tons that I wouldn't know about ordinarily. I love anything that I can look into in full for free-rest assured I will purchase a cast recording if I enjoy what I hear-and here's a list of musicals I enjoy from favorite to least favorite, to help gauge my specific likes:
Les Mis
The Phantom of the Opera
Martin Guerre (Original London Cast only!)
Miss Saigon
Next to Normal
Company <

What do you guys think of COMPANY?  Nov 6 2013, 12:12:28 AM
Sorry, the interesting and rather unique way COMPANY was staged, I guess, made me believe the version that was recorded from 2007 to be a concert. It was fantastic nonetheless, and I loved every minute. I also really liked the way Raúl Esparza played Bobby, but that's just my opinion.
What do you guys think of COMPANY?  Nov 5 2013, 09:32:38 PM
So, I recently watched the COMPANY concert from 2007-I know, I'm waaaay late to the party-and I really enjoyed it. This was the first time I had a chance to get into it because I was not really going through the "watch anything and everything that has anything to do with musical theatre" phase then. What's your take on it? My favorite thought explaining the ending is that the whole show was in Robert's head, and he stood outside the club and thought about what happened when he got together with
What is so bad about bootlegs?  Sep 16 2013, 04:07:47 PM
Oh, sorry, I will catch it next time...even if I have to wait for like 10 years.
What is so bad about bootlegs?  Sep 16 2013, 02:45:00 PM
everythingtaboo:
Unfortunately, no. I have yet to see a show that I have watched a bootleg of on stage, but I would see "next to normal" if it decided to make its way to L.A. sometime. For me, bootlegs are mostly a good way to see shows that are:
A) too far away, and
B) too old (for specific casts, and people who were born in the 90's or later).
This is basically what everyone has already been saying, but I also believe that people who like the theatre enough to post on this webs

What is so bad about bootlegs?  Sep 15 2013, 05:05:53 PM
Ok, sorry.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You