News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for collins

collins Profile Photo
Member Name: collins
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Rude audience members.
 Mar 15 2007, 08:12:36 AM
Let me tell you what happened to me at the Aida tour. I was sitting beside this really nice guy, talking to him before the show. Turns out he was an actor, and had been in local plays and even a tv show. I even gave him my tickets to a show that I wasn't going to.

During the show, this man proceeded to take calls on his CELL PHONE and chat with his wife. I wanted to snatch the phone away from him as if he were a child, but as usual, I just sat there and tried to concentrate on the show

re: Do you ever leave a show during intermission?
 Aug 3 2006, 07:39:33 AM
I'm a firm believer in staying until the cast leaves the stage after curtain call; I'll gladly be the last one to leave the parking lot! The only time I have ever left at intermission was the Porgy and Bess tour. I wouldn't have left although I didn't like the show at all, but the people I was riding with insisted on leaving. In fact, it looked like half the audience was leaving.
re: Julia Murney on Law & Order tonight
 Jul 9 2006, 07:32:46 AM
Anybody know the name of the episode or the plot, so I can look out for it next time?
 Jun 22 2006, 10:43:30 AM
I really enjoyed it. I love how he was so open and honest about some of the most personal and not always nice parts of his life. That took guts. He is a gifted writer and a very busy person. I hope he has been getting some rest after the movie, book, and Rent 10-year celebrations.

I had the pleasure of attending one of his talks/book signings a few days before the 10 year show, and he is just as charming a speaker as he is a writer, and a nice, friendly person.

re: They Probably Ain't Gonna Sell Piazza on DVD
 Jun 16 2006, 02:55:32 AM
Apparently, Georgia isn't important enough to see it at all...it was on the schedule for Sunday at 4, then they moved it to next Thursday, and now it's not showing up at all..grrrr...
re: But it's on TOUR now? - A general question
 Jun 7 2006, 07:14:10 AM
My 10th grade English teacher got me hooked on my first show, Phantom of the Opera. This was 1993. I watched the Tony awards that year to see if they won anything. I couldn't believe they didn't even get mentioned! I've learned a lot since then.
re: Have you or anyone you know ever forgotten that you had tickets to a sh
 Jun 7 2006, 07:05:25 AM
Living far away from NYC, it's impossible for me to forget I have tickets to a show-we only see about 6 shows a year. On the day of a show, I'm obsessive-compulsive about the tickets, and haven't forgotten them yet, but...like another poster, I have had many dreams about losing tickets, getting to a show late, etc.
re: But it's on TOUR now? - A general question
 Jun 6 2006, 09:12:14 AM
Maybe they just don't understand how theater works if they are in an area where theater isn't popular. I didn't know a lot about it until I started reading this site.
re: IS Rent a Musical?
 Jun 5 2006, 10:08:59 PM
How exactly would you define "rock opera"? How is a rock opera different from another musical??
re: Bad audience behavior - revisited
 May 22 2006, 08:07:01 PM
Wicked-Atlanta. May 18, 2pm and 8pm. I have never experienced so many rude people at one show. I witnessed people talking during the show, leaning their heads together blocking the view, droves of latecomers blocking the view and talking loudly while walking down the aisles and squirming down the row to their seats, people playing with their brightly lit phones, one of which rang for at least 2 minutes during the show, etc, etc. And the granddaddy of them all, running for the doors as the show i
re: Wicked in Atlanta questions
 May 20 2006, 09:47:22 AM
I noticed that too! The most ridiculous one I can think of is when I saw CATS, and they had the DVD on sale for $45, and I had paid about $15 for mine, brand new. I guess they count on you being pumped up after the show and willing to spend whatever.
 May 20 2006, 08:55:02 AM
RentBoy86, they claim to have some partial view and a few full view seats left, but when I go to Ticketmaster, they always say there are no seats available. What WE did was hang around the booth after the lottery. I suppose we got cancelled tickets, but they were VERY good seats: Row H, right-center.

Some good advice: don't harass the people at the ticket counter! We waited patiently, while 2 other women were cackling like hens at the poor guys..."What are we waiting for? How long do w

May 20 2006, 08:48:03 AM
If you were referring to a Wicked lottery, yes, they will have one 2 1/2 hours before every show. The day I was there, almost noone showed up for the matinee, and they actually had lotto seats left over! If you meant a Rent lottery, I don't know, but since Rent started the lottery, I'd assume they would have one.

From what I've heard on here, it's common for the tour Glinda/Elphaba to be out for the matinees. They were out the day I was there, but were back for the evening show, so I'm

re: Wicked in Atlanta last night
 May 19 2006, 09:59:31 PM
I was on row H, and could see her face very well, and Julia did the entire show. It sounded like just at the beginning her voice may have been in trouble, but she "recovered" quickly and brought down the house.
 May 19 2006, 09:57:09 PM
Well, I've never seen it in New York, so I can't compare it, but I saw it twice in Atlanta yesterday, and it was so...I really can't find the words. I don't see how it could have been any better. If you're going to a matinee, look for the 2 lead witches to be out, but their standbys are great.
re: Wicked Lottery
 May 19 2006, 09:45:33 AM
Tried it in Atlanta last night; there were only about 40 people, and my husband and I both LOST, but we waited a while and got super seats on the 8th row that had been cancelled. So, we won anyway, and I got to see it twice in one day! It was my first time seeing the show, and it was amazing.
re: How is Phantom done on Tour?
 May 14 2006, 08:27:04 AM
SweeneyPhreak, I also saw Phantom in Atlanta, and while I really loved it, I was kinda disappointed that at times it was hard to hear or understand the actors over the music, and there is a weird echo in the Fox that also makes it difficult to understand. I guess maybe an echo is unavoidable in such a big building. It helps to know all the words!!
re: Favorite Forbidden Broadway lyrics????
 May 11 2006, 03:48:28 AM
I have never seen Forbidden Broadway, but a few days ago I saw Forbidden Hollywood, and they did The Sound of Music, Part 2, and it was hilarious. The actors actually had to pause to control their own laughter.
re: Julia Murney- WOW!
 Apr 30 2006, 05:22:55 PM
AAAHHH!! The next couple of weeks are going to be the longest of my life!!! I can't wait for the 18th! From clips I've heard of The Wild Party, Julia has an amazing voice. I'm seeing the matinee show, and I HOPE she's performing!!
re: Who should star in a movie version of Aida? And why?
 Apr 28 2006, 09:31:53 AM
The original cast, definitely!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You