News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SavageBeauty

SavageBeauty Profile Photo
Member Name: SavageBeauty
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A SUPERB AND UNFORGETTABLE EVENING!!!
 Feb 1 2006, 12:40:06 AM
I thought it was a great performance too. Julia did say she was a little tired and afraid of straining her voice (and she pointed to her throat when Jason motioned for her to speak at curtain).
Her fanny in the air (perhaps she picked up some moves doing her Spice channel voiceovers!) swabbing of the stage was priceless.
And JRB was more talented than I expected! Did anyone else get the feeling that Julia totally could have upstaged him though :)

It was a nice mix of a crowd a

re: New Cheno Commercial
 Nov 28 2005, 01:59:55 AM
"Remember Megan Mullally dancing around and prancing in the Old Navy Holiday ads about two or three seasons back? Didn't much hurt her career, did it? "

It didn't hurt her career at all because everyone knew who Megan Mullally was before she did the Old Navy ads! And I rather liked her M&M ads too!

A lot of people do see the Old Navy ads but I think Ms. Chenoweth is going to end up only being referred to as "the girl in the Old Navy ads" and the red carpet theme in winter?!
re: Kristy Cates as Elphaba
 Nov 27 2005, 06:06:16 PM
I thought the Chicago show was average. I admit I walked in with the snobby attitude that this was the 3rd string cast. I know, that's a terrible thing to say, but that's what I felt walking in and what I felt walking out.
I though Fiyero almost out-girled Glinda and the actor playing Boq was a little too fun loving. I've read all the threads about how nice these actors are, but that doesn't make up for weak portrayals.
I've seen the original Broadway cast, Jennifer Laura Thompson as

Nov 27 2005, 05:24:04 PM
It's fine to be protective of her, but not at the expense of belittling someone's opinion (who's actually seen her performance). A promising college portrayal and a Broadway caliber performance are miles apart (as many casting agents will tell you).
I'm sure Ms. Cates is going to be just fine if in fact she takes over the role. The show doesn't need stars in it to do well.
The one thing I will say about the show itself that I did not like (and perhaps this contributed to it's flatnes

Nov 27 2005, 04:57:44 PM
Normally I only lurk but I felt me_myself_and_I it's YOU who is being a bit extreme and you haven't even seen WICKED yet!
This is not the "Kristy Cates LOVE" thread, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
I have seen Ms. Cates both in New York and Chicago, both times she was filling in, so I wasn't expecting to see her. She's average IMO. She sings very nicely, but I didn't find much fire in her portrayal either time. I'm not sure in NY if it was her first time ever doing the role or

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You