News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mauriposa

Member Name: mauriposa
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: When I grow up, I want to be Idina Menzel, Sutton Foster, and Lucille Ball all rolled into one. Until then, I'm getting my Ph.D. in Medieval and Renaissance literature at Loyola University in Chicago.

Attend the tale of Mauri P
A fan of Altar Boyz is she
And when she word associates
She plays fast and hard and she never abates
Connecting
From post to post
A champion poster on Broadway (World) [Thanks, D2!]

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Top Ten Greatest Composers of Musical Theater  Jan 25 2011, 07:01:06 PM
I took a different approach to this. Instead of thinking about who I consider to be great, I pulled up my iTunes to see who I actually listen to the most. The list, in order, is as follows:

1. Tom Kitt
2. Lin-Manuel Miranda
3. Jason Robert Brown
4. Jeff Bowen
5. Stephen Sondheim
6. Jonathan Larson
7. Andrew Lloyd Webber
8. Kander & Ebb
9. Lerner & Lowe
10. Marc Shaiman

Of this list, I'd say Sondheim is the best, but (even addi

Anger at Sondheim concert at Ravinia  Aug 1 2010, 08:12:56 PM
I thought it was well worth the $25 I paid to sit on the lawn, but those of you who paid the big bucks definitely deserved a refund or a gift bag or something.
re: Chicagoians...who is seeing the first preview of ADDAMS FAMILY tonight?  Nov 13 2009, 05:58:54 PM
I won't be seeing this until mid-December, so I'd love to read some reviews too! I love when things like this happen in Chicago. It lessens the pain I feel because I don't live in NYC.
re: I'm proud of you tofu!  Jun 23 2009, 02:02:35 PM
Congrats, Tofu! You are incredibly brave! I'm so happy for you.
I Enjoy Being a Girl  Jun 23 2009, 02:00:44 PM
Hey ladies! Room for one more in the estrogen fest?
re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours  Jun 11 2009, 02:01:56 PM
Ahh. Gotcha.
re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours  Jun 11 2009, 01:24:10 PM
You forgot about In the Heights.
re: Is That You In Your Avatar part 21? Legal Eagles!  May 26 2009, 02:51:01 PM
Hey lovers! I'm back! NYC was ahmazing. 9 to 5 was hilarious. It was the perfect pic for our first night. I really enjoyed WSS too. I loved the Spanish, although the entire row behind us got a little bored/restless during those parts. Billy Elliot was a bit of a letdown after all the hype. I wish I'd have seen Next to Normal instead, but I didn't want to see that show until after I bought all of my tickets. Oh well. In the Heights was wonderful, despite having SIX understudies. Cannot
Guys & Dolls discount code  Feb 17 2009, 09:30:55 PM
Anyone have one that's going to be valid in May?
re: Is That you In Your Avatar? - Swinging 20  Nov 4 2008, 12:34:44 PM
Stagey, I think last night marked the first time in my life I actually cared about the outcome of a football game.

I don't know how the hell I'm going to sit through my evening class tonight. I'm already dying for results and it's not even noon.

re: Gypsy Understudies  Sep 29 2008, 02:57:17 PM
I saw Jessica on Saturday and thought she was great. I don't have anything to compare her to, but I think she held her own on that stage.
re: gypsy rush  Sep 17 2008, 01:04:34 AM
You must have read my mind, tabby. As much as I hate threads like this, I'd like to ask the same question, with one slight change. I'm planning on rushing a Saturday matinee. Should we get there when the box office opens, or would we still be safe if we went later in the day?
re: WICKED tickles me pink and gives me the rub of the green!  Aug 23 2008, 02:48:35 AM
I love you, Stagey.
re: Clever Lyrics that make you Smile Every Time!  Aug 14 2008, 03:28:38 PM
From In the Heights, when they're at the Club and Usnavi says, "As long as you buy 'em, L'chaim!" I don't know why, but it cracks me up every time.
re: Does anybody else want a wedding reception like this?  Aug 13 2008, 01:38:43 AM
That was fantastic! How great are musical theater friends?
re: [tos] or Boeing Boeing  Aug 11 2008, 08:08:35 PM
[title of show]
re: One of these people may be the next bway star  Aug 9 2008, 03:14:10 AM
I'm voting for #13.
re: How is Chicago?  Aug 3 2008, 05:25:54 AM
J'adore LePetiteFromage. I was going to do that, too, but chickened out at the last minute. Oh, and no offense, Winston. It's just a joke.
re: New Equus pics. ^_^  Aug 1 2008, 04:36:32 PM
*drool* I can't watch the Harry Potter movies anymore without feeling like a pervy old lady.
re: BWW Video Preview: [title of show]  Jul 27 2008, 08:49:25 PM
Foster- I'm glad to hear that. I've never been to the Lyceum, so I really didn't know what to expect. I'm planning on visiting it in September, though, if the show holds out until then. Its current numbers really concern me.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You