News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for maxd

Member Name: maxd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Streisand on CBS Sunday Morning
 Nov 6 2023, 03:28:14 PM

I'm a huge Barbra fan, but at 81 I doubt she has the pipes to sustain multiple concerts anymore. A few years ago on Fallon she attempted a duet with him and that night her voice just wasn't there, so she laughed and giggled her way through it. The human voice ages too, and I doubt she would want to be heard unless she were to be at her best. Recordings in the studio may still be possible though.

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Oct 18 2023, 02:35:18 PM

Any discount codes yet for SPAMALOT?

Any news on DEAR WORLD casting?
 Feb 5 2023, 10:39:51 PM

Encores production with Donna Murphy opens March 15th. Has anyone heard any casting besides her yet?

Into the Woods
 Dec 6 2022, 08:42:27 AM

Wow! The theatre community here in Buffalo will be thrilled to welcome them as they tech here before heading to DC.

Tootsie Tour
 Nov 9 2021, 12:37:46 PM

Broadwayworld Buffalo, NY Review

Review: TOOTSIE at Shea's Buffalo (broadwayworld.com)

Tootsie National Tour
 Oct 20 2021, 02:05:58 PM

Here is the Broadwayworld review for the Buffalo premiere of the tour

https://www.broadwayworld.com/buffalo/article/BWW-Review-TOOTSIE-at-Sheas-Buffalo-20211014

LOVE LETTERS With Bryan Cranston & Sally Field Streams Tonight 5/21
 May 22 2020, 02:08:25 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed Ali McGraw in the last tour (Ryan O'Neal not so much). She conveyed so much with simple changes in posturing and subtle voice inflections- I was captivated just watching in. O'Neal was in his own world, unfortunately

National Tours / Venues postponing or canceling stops due to CoronaVirus
 Mar 27 2020, 01:06:46 PM

The Band’s Visit happily has rescheduled their April dates in BUFFALO to the first week in December!

Tickets Refunds
 Mar 16 2020, 08:39:40 PM

I received an email from telecharge on Friday saying my performance of COMPANY was cancelled and today the credit showed up on my credit card. Much faster than I expected 

Carolee Carmello Hello Dolly
 Mar 12 2020, 06:43:51 PM

The remainder of Hello Dolly in Buffalo has been cancelled. The show was to end the tour in Rochester next week, which obviously will also be cancelled. So sad for everyone involved and whose tickets are cancelled. Unknowingly, The final performance was last night. It was a great show

National Tours / Venues postponing or canceling stops due to CoronaVirus
 Mar 12 2020, 06:41:52 PM

The remainder of Hello Dolly in Buffalo has been cancelled. The show was to end the tour in Rochester next week, which obviously will also be cancelled. So sad for everyone involved and for those whose tickets are cancelled. It was a great show 

Carolee Carmello Hello Dolly
 Mar 12 2020, 01:06:15 PM

Here is a review from this week

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Review-A-Jubilant-HELLO-DOLLY-at-Sheas-Buffalo-Theatre-20200311

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Mar 3 2020, 07:32:03 PM

Buffalo Broadway Season at Shea’s

To Kill a Mockingbird..tour launch

Tootsie... tour launch

pretty Woman

oklahoma

frozen

My Fair Lady

Dear Evan Hansen.... return

Hamilton..... return

Ain’t Too Proud

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Feb 5 2020, 02:14:33 PM

BUFFALO announces notoriously late

So far TOOTISE launches from Buffalo in the fall, and MY FAIR LADY has Buffalo listed for December

Any news on next My Fair Lady casting
 Dec 16 2018, 07:35:24 PM

any news if Benanti will continue after February or who the next Eliza will be. I’ll be in town in early March and may want to catch the show...I’m hoping she stays with it longer than announced?

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF National Tour
 Nov 2 2018, 08:23:49 AM

Another review

https://www.broadwayworld.com/national-tours/article/BWW-Review-FIDDLER-ON-THE-ROOF-at-Sheas-Buffalo-Theatre-20181031

2018 - 2019 Touring Season
 Feb 25 2018, 05:25:22 AM

Buffalo will be announcing around March 13. They already announced

Dear Evan Hansen

Hamilton

( Miss Saigon was mentioned on one of the earliest tour announcements) 

Worst song ever written for a musical
 Oct 21 2017, 09:59:30 AM

Hear me out please. The first time I heard "This was a Real Nice Clambake" From Carousel I literally laughed out loud at the lyrics..." the vittles we et were good you bet."  While I have grown to love the New England charm of the song it doesn't fulfill much of the R&H mantra of the music advancing the plot. That being said, it is a fun chorus number..Just very corny.

'ON YOUR FEET' National Tour
 Sep 24 2017, 08:08:26 PM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/national-tours/article/BWW-Review-Latin-Rhythms-Overcome-ON-YOUR-FEET-Shortfalls-at-Sheas-Buffalo-Theatre-20170924

MAME
 Sep 13 2017, 08:22:58 AM

MAME is one of my all time favorites

SOUTH PACIFIC

GYPSY

OKLAHOMA

FUNNY GIRL

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You