pixeltracker

Into the Woods "To Be Continued..."?

Into the Woods "To Be Continued..."?

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#1Into the Woods "To Be Continued..."?
Posted: 12/5/22 at 10:23pm

Into the Woods just posted this on their instagram.

Could this be them teasing an extension/new theater announcement as some have previously speculated on here? 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#2Into the Woods "To Be Continued..."?
Posted: 12/5/22 at 10:26pm

It would be great to see this show continue past January, but at which theatre?

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3Into the Woods "To Be Continued..."?
Posted: 12/5/22 at 10:29pm

This is a tour announcement. It's already been announced for the Kennedy Center, and I hear Joaquina will be reprising the Witch.

Oh look, a bibu!

Dylan Smith4
#4Into the Woods "To Be Continued..."?
Posted: 12/5/22 at 10:51pm

Even better! People who couldn't get to NYC will now get to see this beautiful revival!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Into the Woods "To Be Continued..."?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 4:37am

And NYC should give up hope just yet of being able to see this again next year…

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#6Into the Woods "To Be Continued..."?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 6:10am

Can't foresee them transferring theaters when sales haven't been that good lately. Probably just the tour announcement,

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7Into the Woods "To Be Continued..."?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 6:18am

They’re not transferring theatres in January. 

LarryD2
#8Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 6:53am

The production is going on a mini-tour in the spring. Expect a formal announcement as early as today. 

Updated On: 12/6/22 at 06:53 AM

Dylan Smith4
#9Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 7:57am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/theater-dance/2022/12/06/into-woods-broadway-kennedy-center/

According to this article, many from the current BWAY cast will be going to DC including SJB, Sebastian, Montego, Gavin, and Kennedy. 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#10Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 7:59am

Poster above me beat me to it.

Updated On: 12/6/22 at 07:59 AM

Dylan Smith4
#11Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:08am

ColorTheHours048 said: "Poster above me beat me to it."

Sorry LOL! Still great news! 

Det95
#12Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:13am

Fingers crossed this is Detroit's secret show. Having seen it twice in New York I'd love a chance to see it again.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#13Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:21am

Sounds like this will tour until the end of 2023. Surprised Block is doing the tour. When was the last time she toured?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#14Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:23am

ACL2006 said: "Sounds like this will tour until the end of 2023. Surprised Block is doing the tour. When was the last time she toured?"

I believe the beginning of the First National Tour of Wicked in 2005

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

LarryD2
#15Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:40am

It's a short tour, hitting mostly major cities with a couple longish engagements (Washington, LA). I'm sure the fact that Block and Arcelus are doing it together, and can presumably bring their child with them, is a selling point.

maxd
#16Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:42am

Wow! The theatre community here in Buffalo will be thrilled to welcome them as they tech here before heading to DC.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#17Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:55am

Cast: Montego Glover as The Witch, Stephanie J. Block as The Baker's Wife, Sebastian Arcelus as The Baker, and Gavin Creel as Cinderella's Prince/Wolf, Cole Thompson as Jack, Katy Geraghty as Little Red Ridinghood, David Patrick Kelly as The Narrator, Nancy Opel as Cinderella's Stepmother, Aymee Garcia as Jack's Mother, Ta'Nika Gibsonas Lucinda, Brooke Ishibashi as Florinda, Kennedy Kanagawa as Milky White, Jim Stanekas the Steward, and Alysia Velez as Rapunzel

Dates:

BUFFALO, NY 02/18/2023 - 02/19/2023 (Shea's Performing Arts Center)

WASHINGTON, D.C. 02/23/2023 - 03/19/2023 (Kennedy Center Opera House)

BOSTON, MA 03/21/2023 - 03/26/2023 (Emerson Colonial Theatre)

PHILADELPHIA, PA 04/04/2023 - 04/09/2023 (Miller Theater)

CHARLOTTE, NC 04/11/2023 - 04/16/2023 (Blumenthal Performing Arts Center)

CHICAGO, IL 04/25/2023 - 05/07/2023 (James M. Nederlander Theatre)

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 06/20/2023 - 06/25/2023 (Curran Theater)

LOS ANGELES, CA 06/27/2023 - 07/30/2023 (Ahmanson Theatre)

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#18Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:57am

This is so exciting. I absolutely adored this production when I saw it on Broadway last month. I am thrilled that more people around the country will get the chance to experience it. Pretty tight turnaround between the announcement of the mini tour launch and the beginning of the tour, though.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

SouthernCakes
#19Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 9:00am

This made my day!!! I was trying to move the earth to get to nyc to see this - love me some Block. 

so she will be doing Sunset then back to this? How cool! 

JanMaxwellsBag Profile Photo
JanMaxwellsBag
#20Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 9:20am

Surprised and DELIGHTED they are coming to Philly!

I could use a prince to save me from my prince.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#21Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 9:38am

Excited to see it in Boston!  Wonder who will be playing Cinderella....Denee Benton would make me super happy!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#22Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 9:54am

The LA/SF dates prevent this, but would love for this to come back to NY after the Tonys, which I don’t view as out of the question. 

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#23Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 10:17am

BroadwayNYC2 said: "The LA/SF dates prevent this, but would love for this to come back to NY after the Tonys, which I don’t view as out of the question."

Do they really though? Put the Broadway set in storage, and build a new set for the road. If a theater they want opens up during before Tony season with enough load in time, load the Broadway set into the the theater while the tour set is being shipped to San Francisco. Then fly the cast to NY after Chicago on May 8th, and fly them to SF on June 19th. There’s clearly a reason the show is not playing any engagements during Tony Season…my guess is a return NY engagement. The only question is where.

hearthemsing22
#24Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 10:35am

bdn223 said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "The LA/SF dates prevent this, but would love for this to come back to NY after the Tonys, which I don’t view as out of the question."

Do they really though? Put the Broadway set in storage, and build a new set for the road. If a theater they want opens up during before Tony season with enough load in time, load the Broadway set into the the theater while the tour set is being shipped to San Francisco. Then fly the cast to NY after Chicago on May 8th, and fly them to SF on June 19th. There’s clearly a reason the show is not playing any engagements during Tony Season…my guess is a return NY engagement. The only question is where.
"

...has anything been announced for the Broadway Theater or would that be too big...?

KevinKlawitter
#25Into the Woods
Posted: 12/6/22 at 10:48am

Nothing in Minnesota... a little disappointing, but not surprising because the Guthrie has their own production of Into the Woods opening in June.