News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ORPHAN

ORPHAN Profile Photo
Member Name: ORPHAN
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What makes a "good" topic for a musical?  Mar 7 2007, 03:06:37 AM
I see so many posts that say this or that idea is a bad idea for a musical (ie. Lestat, Mask, Legally Blonde) What elements should be necessary? Why are some stories, movies, books, etc. better than others as a foundation for a musical? Can anyone list the things that an idea must be or have to be considered a "good choice" for a musical?
re: What makes a hit Broadway show?  Mar 7 2007, 01:55:25 AM
It has been mentioned that having "JEWS" is the key to a hit show. Do you mean having Jews in the show or behind the scenes? Why is having Jews anywhere so important. Do people go to a show because Jews are involved in some way? What exactly do you mean?
What makes a hit Broadway show?  Mar 6 2007, 04:27:42 AM
What makes a hit Broadway show aside from the obvious, good songs, good story?
DORi BERNSTEIN DOC "SHOW BUSINESS" HOW CAN I GET IT?  Feb 27 2007, 12:57:44 AM
Anyone know how to get the 2006 Documentary on Broadway called SHOW BUSINESS by Dori Bernstein. Can't find it anywhere. It was in last years Tribeca Film Festival. Any help would be appreciated.
re: BEYONCE ON BROADWAY?  Feb 25 2007, 08:03:53 PM
Wow. Beyonce is truly dispised by this board!
re: BEYONCE ON BROADWAY?  Feb 25 2007, 04:36:25 PM
do you think this board would pan the show or her just because they don't like her or believe in her even if she did a good job on Broadway in the right role?
re: BEYONCE ON BROADWAY?  Feb 25 2007, 12:20:13 AM
Why are so many people against her?
re: In Response to 'Where is Black Broadway'  Feb 24 2007, 02:00:24 PM
OK... I'LL TELL WHAT I HEARD... THE NEW SHOW IS CALLED......IT'S CALLED...........BROADWAY WORLD.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!
re: BEYONCE ON BROADWAY?  Feb 24 2007, 01:31:21 PM
She has a "seal of approval" as Beyonce. That's all I meant.
re: BEYONCE ON BROADWAY?  Feb 24 2007, 04:05:02 AM
From the early responce to my question, I see she's quite an underdog! No one giving her any props for Dreamgirls? I think she did a good job and transended the "Beyonce" impremature and kept the spell going through out the movie. She's a bit hurt because of Jennifer Hudson, and made a few gafts in the media because of it.
In Response to "Where is Black Broadway"  Feb 24 2007, 03:55:48 AM
We must remember that many Blacks attend Broadway shows. However, most who do are affluent. The shows are an expensive form of entertainment. Black America and Black New York is still low to middle income. There is so much to do and watch on TV and movies that Broadway is just very low on the list. Producers produce for many reasons but the two most prominent reasons are 1. They believe the show is good and will make money 2.They are passionate about the show and have been attached to it financi
re: Where is BLACK BROADWAY these days?  Feb 24 2007, 03:54:01 AM
We must remember that many Blacks attend Broadway shows. However, most who do are affluent. The shows are an expensive form of entertainment. Black America and Black New York is still low to middle income. There is so much to do and watch on TV and movies that Broadway is just very low on the list. Producers produce for many reasons but the two most prominent reasons are 1. They believe the show is good and will make money 2.They are passionate about the show and have been attached to it financi
re: Where is BLACK BROADWAY these days?  Feb 24 2007, 03:51:35 AM
We must remember that many Blacks attend Broadway shows. However, most who do are affluent. The shows are an expensive form of entertainment. Black America and Black New York is still low to middle income. There is so much to do and watch on TV and movies that Broadway is just very low on the list. Producers produce for many reasons but the two most prominent reasons are 1. They believe the show is good and will make money 2.They are passionate about the show and have been attached to it finan
re: Where is BLACK BROADWAY these days?  Feb 24 2007, 02:32:08 AM
There is one coming that is going to be a tour de force! Not all black but the leads are and it will be the one to watch for when it's announced. I think it will get a ton of postings and speculation. Watch and see. The announcement will come this summer I believe. Let's see.
BEYONCE ON BROADWAY?  Feb 24 2007, 01:05:02 AM
Im curious if anyone liked Beyonce's performance in Dreamgirls and would you like to see her on Broadway? She has expressed an interest in finding a good role.
JENIFER HOLIDAY ONE WOMAN SHOW OFF BROADWAY?  Feb 5 2007, 10:53:08 PM
Anyone think this is a good idea? Would it be a hit or miss?
CURRENT ISSUES ON BROADWAY?  Jul 25 2006, 12:33:29 AM
What current subjects, issues, situations would be right for a major musical production on Broadway.
re: Spiderman the musical  Jul 19 2006, 11:45:56 PM
The lead producer of the Spiderman Musical Tony Adams died. Julie Taymor was attached and Bono and the Edge. The show probably won't happen without Tony.
re: ALICIA KEYS ON BROADWAY  Jul 19 2006, 11:07:24 AM
What roles could you see her in?

re: ALICIA KEYS ON BROADWAY  Jul 19 2006, 02:33:38 AM
The nine-time Grammy winning singer admitted backstage at the NABOB ceremony, where she was receiving an Entertainer of the Year Award, that she would love to follow in the footsteps of her mother Terri Augello and take a turn on the Great White Way. "Absolutely, I would love to do Broadway," said Keys.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You