News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaylyric

bwaylyric Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaylyric
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Who's Tommy - Tony winner: 1993 Best Original Score  May 3 2024, 12:12:24 PM

How was this eligible for best original score considering there was the 1975 film adaptation?

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  May 3 2024, 11:55:12 AM

and both played Lun Tha in the last King and I revivals. 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 30 2024, 04:49:18 PM

Do the Tony voters only get to pick one in each category or do they have the preferential (ranked) voting system like they do with the Oscars?

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 30 2024, 03:46:01 PM

I saw the show from the right orchestra sides and could not see any of the female vocalists until the final bow.  I wish i did.  Their voices were gorgeous.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24  Apr 30 2024, 03:42:19 PM

Jarethan said: "I continue to be really surprised that SUFFS has not caught on yet. I figured the solid (if not spectacular) reviews, coupled with the subject matter, would have resulted in much more comfortable grosses."

I think it's Suff's subject matter that is giving potential ticket buyers some pause.  Between the other IP choices (some bad ones) vs a history lesson (albeit an important one), most may go for the former.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 29 2024, 11:19:32 PM

Corey Cott's arms were robbed of Best Featured!

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 29 2024, 10:11:04 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "I'm most perplexed by trying to predict Best Book of a Musical. Other than Suffs...I really didn't love ANY book this season. Are we really to understand that Hell's Kitchen is getting a nomination for BOOK?? (The book can be summed up as the main character saying "and then this happened? I felt this way. And then this happened. And it was alright. And then this happened..."). Every single person is predicting it and I DONT get it. But I

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 29 2024, 07:27:36 PM

saxpower said: "bwaylyric said: "The new MAJESTIC sign went up, and it is gorgeous!"

I suppose the installation of a "MAJESTIC" sign signals the rumored renaming isn't happening.
"

…unless they plan on adding a secondary sign and call it “MAJESTIC Hal Prince”

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 29 2024, 11:08:05 AM

The new MAJESTIC sign went up, and it is gorgeous!

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 29 2024, 11:05:04 AM

MezzA101 said: "https://variety.com/lists/2024-tonys-awards-prediction"

Lempicka for Best Musical?!?! Ha!

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 28 2024, 01:48:10 AM

Ooops. Corrected. Thanks!

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 28 2024, 01:28:03 AM

Now that the Tony committee has made its rulings, what one nomination would make you so happy to hear on Tuesday morning?

Mine: Here Lies Love for Best Musical

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 24 2024, 12:51:22 AM

Thank goodness we no longer have to show proof of COVID vaccine - ID and vax card or approved app. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 22 2024, 09:54:23 PM

Best musical nom? 😮 

I bet CBS would love Huey to perform on the Tonys. If not, maybe he’ll get a Kennedy Center Honor lol

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 01:39:53 AM

BorisTomashevsky said: "What time does the “This show deserves to be SEEN!” effort begin tomorrow?"

What time does the "What's next for the Longacre?" thread begin tomorrow?

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 7 2024, 09:33:05 PM

They really need to get rid of this above/below the title BS and just focus on the roles. Then they can replace Featured categories with “Supporting.”

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Apr 4 2024, 12:30:48 AM

Are those seated in the first row of the orchestra warned beforehand that they may be pelted with pebble pellets during the show?  Not sure what the material is, but that cannot be pleasant.  I saw some of them shielding their faces with playbills.

What's The Next Mamma Mia?!  Mar 22 2024, 02:26:48 PM

When are we getting an Air Supply musical?

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Mar 19 2024, 06:32:26 PM

uncageg said: "Huey Lewis was also on the show and Jimmy interviewed him about the show. They discuss changes being made at one point.

https://youtu.be/Ue6H3dXMpvw?si=VriDKCsWsn_Dqgc_
"

Can't believe they chose that song to showcase the show.  Meh!

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Mar 14 2024, 11:38:46 PM

HenryTDobson said: "I'm surprised by these reviews, much more negative than I expected. This season is crazy - what's winning best musical?!?!"

Back to the Future.  Ask the Brits lol

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You