News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for perpetualanticipatio

perpetualanticipatio Profile Photo
Member Name: perpetualanticipatio
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gwen Verdon interviewed on public access by Rian Keating, 1983
 Apr 8 2019, 03:12:24 PM

Here's a little something to whet your appetite for all things Fosse/Verdon  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUncuNW76-Y&t=29s

RIP Russ Thacker
 Dec 10 2012, 11:51:25 AM
a wonderful singer and a very nice guy. rip.
Audra McDonal;d's rape comment
 Jun 11 2012, 08:55:21 AM
Nothing funny about making light of getting raped "every night" be it onstage or off, even it is wins you a Tony. An unfortunate choice of words and it demonstrates just how far we have to go to really understanding of how casual use of the word can impact society's views on women. Ask anyone who has been the victim of on-going rape or sexual abuse and they will tell you there is nothing light about it.
Natascia Diaz Front Page... Why?
 Aug 9 2011, 11:37:41 AM
Donna preferred Natascia over Charlotte from the auditions and felt that Charlotte was just "flailing her arms" throughout the number. She has said this several times to myself as well as others. Charlotte went to six performances because her mother was dying at the time. That said, its a shame Natascia is wearing a sundress and a wig. The choreography and get up look similar to any high school Cassie you can see on "that site".
Cheryl Clark: Chorus Line's (2nd) Greatest Cassie?
 Jul 19 2010, 12:42:54 PM
From 1977 in Australia until the early eighties on tour and Broadway, and then a return to Broadway in the later eighties. Gamache played from May 87 - April 90.
Cheryl Clark: Chorus Line's (2nd) Greatest Cassie?
 Jul 19 2010, 11:55:37 AM
If you read the comments on Youtube, Cheryl herself has remarked about the video and what she learned from seeing it. Cheryl was the actress who played Cassie for the most number of performances and was Donna's favorite in the role. I saw her many times at the Shubert and she was incandescent -- her desperation informed her acting choices. What may come across as strident on the video was her Cassie's desperation. In the theater, it was chilling. Cheryl was kind enough to give me a video tak
Tony Moments 'Drunk Dorothy' Offensive and Insulting Headline
 Jun 12 2010, 03:29:51 PM
As as a site whose primary concern is to promote theater and sell tickets, the headline is less that professional and caters to the purient nature of many visitors here. A much better headline would be Legendary Tony Performance by Loudon or some such eye grabber which celebrates her charisma and verve.
 Jun 12 2010, 02:08:39 PM
Ms. Loudon struggled with alcoholism the last twenty years of her life; Pat'sheadline not only is an insult to her memory, it is an insult to anyone who deals with alcohol addiction. If anything, this clip illustrates how willing we are to laugh at someone who is a little out of control due to addiction. I doubt very much anyone who loves someone who struggles with alcohol finds this clip amusing. Theal literated headline "Drunk Dorothy" isn't cute, its an insult. I'm quite sure she would be off
 Jun 12 2010, 11:59:42 AM
It was well known in the theatrical community, hence the comment "on the edge of our seats" to see what she will do next.
Tony Moments "Drunk Dorothy" Offensive and Insulting Headline
 Jun 12 2010, 11:40:03 AM
Anyone else find today's headline an affront to those who have struggled with alcoholism? Would Dorothy have found it funny, given her long and public struggle against the disease? Doubtful.
THE END
 Jun 9 2010, 06:18:35 PM
From Jason's website:

Acting Tip 4. A few days ago I was working on my acting in the Subway: You can do this in your car, on a bus, in a park, in a restaurant, anywhere... It's useful to do it in the presence of people, even though they don't know what you are doing.

DON'T ACT AND DRIVE KIDS. NO MATTER WHAT JASON SAYS.

Would SIDE SHOW (1997) have a better run today?
 Jun 9 2010, 05:54:34 PM
It certainly wasn't dwarfed in the Rodgers theatre. The thrust stage made it seem you were actually in a tent. A terrifically intimate and moving piece of theater. Marvelous performances and Norm Lewis, to boot.
ALEXANDER HANSON: is it sickness or a vacation?
 Jun 9 2010, 04:04:17 PM
RAMONA Mallory, you twit.
Thank Alice Ripley Thurs. after performance
 Jun 9 2010, 03:50:41 PM
Ohhh, Mr. Matt, you are too cute. How long is your cantilever?
 Jun 9 2010, 03:50:41 PM
Ohhh, Mr. Matt, you are too cute. How long is your cantilever?
THE END
 Jun 9 2010, 03:27:05 PM

Jun 9 2010, 03:24:12 PM
She clearly meant no ill-will and has taken a drubbing with this being all over the internet. And now it turns out that the demo was just to jack up some BWW posters and the original poster was just researching his thesis using us as lab rats!

Some of us will be gathering tomorrow night after the performance to thank her for her grace and support of our community.

SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM Reviews
 Apr 23 2010, 10:46:09 AM
Saw Norm Lewis in Company at the Helen Hayes in Nyack (McKechnie was Joanne) and he was truly wonderful.
Questions about 1983 Broadway revival of Mame
 Apr 22 2010, 03:46:16 PM
It was a real shame this didn't run -- Herman has gone on record as saying Lansbury never sounded better or was more moving in the role and it was her best work. The producers stiffed a lot of people, including the dear sweet photographer Kenn Duncan.
re: Is it time for Brantley to retire?
 Mar 17 2006, 10:10:49 PM
Yes it is time. I spent $180- on Rabbit Hole based on his review and feel totally ripped off. The Times critic should keep the consumer theatergoer in mind and keep their emotions in check.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You