News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jennykett89

jennykett89 Profile Photo
Member Name: jennykett89
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
 Apr 2 2007, 11:41:50 PM
I <3 you Ali!!

When I first read this I was like oh no Ali did not just insult the HSM people... Ouch. but well done you :P

re: Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....
 Mar 30 2007, 09:30:02 PM
Eugh I saw it last night because one of my friends was working on it. It was amazingly well acted for the most part however it was about 45 minutes too long and basically at the emotional climax of the play the audience was getting restless hence ruined it. I wanted to scream out "JUST GET ON WITH IT!". Some people started to leave and at the point I thought that it was minutes away from being over alas I was sorely mistaken.

So basically, it's good but needs some serious cuts.

re: High school musical @ stagedoor
 Nov 11 2006, 07:14:55 PM
I was in it so ask away.
re: Top Ten Shows of the Decade Henceforth?
 Oct 5 2006, 06:26:39 PM
1. History Boys
2. The Boy from Oz
3. Spelling Bee
4. Spamalot
5. Drowsy Chaperone
6. La Cage Aux Folles
7. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
8. Avenue Q
9. Wicked
10. Mary Poppins (West End)

re: HISTORY BOYS' final performance
 Oct 1 2006, 09:10:58 PM
I saw History Boys last night. It was truly one of the greatest performances ever. I'm really going to miss this show.
re: Bye-bye To The Boys
 Sep 27 2006, 03:35:50 PM
Ah... This is extremely sad.

I'm just lucky that I'm seeing it Saturday night I suppose but it's still a shame.

History Boys - Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
 Sep 22 2006, 07:45:57 PM
Does anyone know the changed lyrics of "Bewitched (Bothered and Bewildered)" that was used in the History Boys?

I know that one line was changed to "and long for the trousers that cling to him" but I can't remember if there are others.

Thanks.

re: Longest Notes Compilation
 Sep 10 2006, 01:05:37 PM
"Just One Step"
Songs For A New World
the "Watch me FLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY"

"Lady of Spain"
Forever Plaid
"Lady of Spain, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you!!!!"

re: Post your interesting INTO THE WOODS photos!
 Sep 10 2006, 11:16:29 AM
For the production I did the first act was quite colourful and very art nouveau. It had strangely coloured trees with what you could call feminine spirits in the trees almost watching the performers onstage. For the second act, we reversed all the trees so that they were completely white and the set was just blank to show how we're not in happily ever after anymore... I thought it worked quite well...
re: High School Musical Will Have Its Equity Premiere in Atlanta in Early 2
 Sep 7 2006, 09:19:59 PM
It's different in a lot of ways.
re: Design Recommendations
 Sep 7 2006, 06:16:49 PM
Into the Woods perhaps? Can be very set heavy if you so choose and very conceptual as well...
 Sep 7 2006, 06:09:17 PM
I was in the Stagedoor Manor production which was the first time it had ever been done in the theatre... so I know quite a bit about the show but not really much about this production of it.
 Sep 7 2006, 03:46:24 PM
It's about the news spreading throughout the school about Troy and Gabriella getting a callback. I suppose its proper name is "Cellular Fusion" in the script. We all called it "cell phones" because it sounded less retarded....
 Sep 6 2006, 09:26:26 PM
"They'll have to add more songs - according to the CD on amazon.com, there are only eleven (I think)."

Yep they added a few more songs and expanded a lot of the other songs... Like in the movie "Start of Something New" was just Troy and Gabriella at the ski resort place whereas in the stage version it's a verse and a bit at the ski resort and then it cuts back to the first day of school where all the different kids are singing about what they want to achieve that year. There are defini

re: Drowsy Chaperone 8/20/06 Review
 Aug 26 2006, 03:05:34 PM
I went on the 20th as well!!
re: And the 1st Licensed Production of High School Musical Goes To....
 Aug 22 2006, 12:02:33 AM
HAHA I heard about the popsicle thing!!! Poor Justin... Yeah he was one of my bestest buds at camp... aww i miss him...

And for the record I agree with thevolleyballer... If you don't like it, don't have anything to do with it. You have no idea how many times at camp people were like High School Musical is such crap. It just really pissed me off because there I was giving sooo much effort and people just kept going on and on right to my face... Someone came up and was like "Hey wanna

Aug 21 2006, 11:39:51 PM
yeah I got the feeling that she was pretty upset about that...

Wait you're friends with Justin?!?!?!?

Aug 21 2006, 10:19:34 PM
Apparently there were quite a few differences - I only watched a little bit of the movie so I don't know many but hmm I shall ask other people in it... My monologue was in the classroom and I was mainly talking about the auditions and the "magic that is theatre". I don't have many pictures - just some backstage ones which I'm willing to share if you want. When I get the DVD of the performance in a couple of weeks I can do some screen captures and post them then if you're still interested...
 Aug 21 2006, 10:02:01 PM
I was in the Stagedoor production of High School Musical (as Ms. Darbus) and I've got to say it's not as bad as all of you are making it out to be... I mean I know I'm going to get thousands of posts back chastising me and telling me how wrong I am but I think it was actually alright. I'm definitely not going to go so far as to say it was amazing but... not awful.

I hadn't seen the movie when I was cast in the show so when people were making such a big deal about it I was kind of like

re: shows on your birthday
 Jul 14 2006, 03:54:47 PM
King Henry V 09/30/1912
The Taming of the Shrew 09/30/1912
Hamlet 09/30/1912
As You Like It 09/30/1912
Romeo and Juliet 09/30/1912
Twelfth Night 09/30/1912
The Merchant of Venice 09/30/1912
Macbeth 09/30/1912
Much Ado About Nothing 09/30/1912
Carmen 09/30/1918
Madeleine 09/30/1918
Madame Butterfly 09/30/1918
The Mikado 09/30/1918
The Pirates of Penzance 09/30/1918
H.M.S. Pinafore 09/30/1918
The Gondoliers 09/30/1918

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You