News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cirque

cirque Profile Photo
Member Name: cirque
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The king and I previews thread
 Mar 18 2015, 08:20:10 AM
Was at the second preview, with the broken curtain - It was still a glorious experience. There were A LOT of glitches and although I didn't pay full price, other people obviously did - Previews should most definitely NOT be full price.

Kelli is sublime, she really is one of the best interpreters of the R&H songbook. Ken Watanabe definitely needs work on his diction, but he is such an exciting actor and makes such wonderful choices, you really don't care. I found Conrad Ricamora extremel

Sienna Miller in Cabaret
 Mar 15 2015, 03:15:20 PM
"I hate to keep telling people to go back to the cabaret, old chum, but Ms. Miller is a revelation here, the most realistic Sally since Natasha Richardson won a Tony for the part 17 years ago."

An absolute love letter from Ben Brantley.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/14/theater/cabaret-and-hedwig-get-tougher-onstage.html?_r=0

Sienna Miller in Cabaret
 Feb 19 2015, 04:28:48 PM
I met her after the show last night, I was with my partner and were so enraptured by her performance we decided to stage door which I never do. She came out after about 20 minutes and was incredibly sweet and seemed legitimately thrilled by the response from people at stage door. She was signing for everyone and was gladly posing for photos. A true class act.
Sienna Miller in Cabaret
 Feb 19 2015, 12:52:20 AM
Then you're gonna love her Jordan. Overheard the couple next to us say "who'd have thought she was capable of acting like that!" And for th record her dancing was great... Lord help me if I didn't question my sexuality at some points , she really is one of the most beautiful women in the world.
Sienna Miller in Cabaret
 Feb 19 2015, 12:02:42 AM
I don't know what performance the other poster above saw, but I just got home from seeing Sienna tonight and thought she was extraordinary. Now I didn't see Emma Stone (two failed attempts, off both times) but I did see Michelle Williams. Sienna inhabits Sally in a way that I've never seen before. I find all too often the melodramatic nature of the character means that a lot of actresses end up "schmackting" and end up being hammy.

It's almost like the Sally from Isherwoods story is

Raven-Symone out today
 Apr 5 2012, 01:41:49 PM
Deloris should definitely have an alternate. Yes Broadway is an 8 show a week job, but composers these days aren't composing at all well for the voice. Belting up in the stratosphere, is just as taxing on the voice as classical singing, but producers aren't allowing the recovery time required for singers. After singing high in the voice for an extended period, it's only natural that the vocal folds are going to be swollen, as such that is why classical singers are given at least a day or two bef
A Carrie Without Blood Is Like Show Boat Without a Boat
 Feb 4 2012, 12:56:41 AM
I will say the handling of "I remember how those boys could dance" was wonderful - perfectly played - and THIS is the moment where you see the humanity behind the monster that is Margaret - it's all in the song and Marrin does it incredibly well.
 Feb 3 2012, 02:27:02 PM
Bernie Telsey told people to come up and give feedback - I told him Margaret needs to be more off the wall - he looked unimpressed LOL But seriously that's what all us show queens are going for!
 Feb 3 2012, 02:25:14 PM
I was there last night - and while I enjoyed the hell out of it and this is probably the best adaptation we could hope for - it still just doesn't work. It still feels like two shows - the mother daughter scenes then everything else. As stated the direction of Margaret is completely misguided - Carrie comes home and Margaret basically proclaims her love for her and tells her how wonderful she is - WRONG! The whole point of this character is that she is a monster - she says in later on about her
Anything Goes Rush Lately?
 Jan 26 2012, 10:49:37 AM
Did the rush tuesday morning - got there at 9:20 and was fifth in line. Got tickets in the back row of the mezzanine which were actually great seats for the price! saw everything clearly. Sutton was on and was absolutely incredible! As was the whole production.
BWW Carrie Preview
 Jan 18 2012, 11:04:48 PM
The thing that worries me about this is the fact that it's all very well they are trying to play it "straight" but there is an undeniable campy element that just comes with the material. De Palma got it perfect in the film, and I just hope that they don't forget that. Either way i can't wait to see what they do with it.
Does anyone know when Sutton will be back in Anything Goes?
 Jan 18 2012, 10:05:14 PM
Was back on tonight according to the Twitterverse, not sure if she did the matinee as well.
 Jan 17 2012, 06:37:45 PM
any word on whether she was back on tonight?
CAST Into the Woods Movie
 Jan 17 2012, 09:11:05 AM
Kristen Wiig is PERFECT for the Bakers Wife
 Jan 17 2012, 02:44:14 AM
Can't wat to see it, but a big part of my reason for wanting to see it is because of Sutton, haven't had the opportunity before so would like to see what all the fuss is about!
H2$ Darren Criss rush
 Jan 17 2012, 01:26:25 AM
Will be interested to see how the Rush is when Jonas takes over, after seeing him in Les Miserables in London, I sure wouldn't queue up at 5:30 am in the morning!
 Jan 17 2012, 01:25:25 AM
Maybe someone could let us known if she is back tomorrow?
 Jan 17 2012, 01:24:36 AM
From what I understand she should be back this week, and is taking absence from Jan 31 to feb 9 but this ISN'T confirmed.

I agree it's poor form of the producers not to have made an announcement, much of the success of this revival is due to her name. I'm actually coming from Australia to Broadway and have withheld buying ticket's until I have found out an answer, after all I won't get the opportunity to see her in the show except for this trip.

I love in the West End that a

Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
 Jan 16 2012, 12:01:45 AM
Apparently Sutton was off today, Tari was on, and Sutton is off to Ball State to direct Drowsy. Pretty poor form for the producers not to announce such a big absence! Anyways break a leg Tari!
What was so great about BEAUTY AND THE BEAST?
 Jan 11 2012, 06:02:18 AM
I still remember seeing the original Australian production (it was a smash hit here) It was just a fun production, not to mention it was Hugh Jackman's first leading role! If anything it reconfirmed just how good that score for the movie was... one of the great movie musical scores.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You