pixeltracker

Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?

Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 3:51pm

I would think so... I heard she did a wonderful job in the role and, besides, they are probably working on adjusting sets and stuff for the tour. It would be very exciting to hear if she does.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 3:54pm

If they are, will they be using Stephanie again during Sutton's upcoming absence from the show, or will they be relying on understudies Tari Kelly and Kristen Beth Williams?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#4Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 4:00pm

When is Foster's next absence and for how long will she be out?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#5Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 4:02pm

Not sure of the specific dates or length of time, but I thought she was on leave sometime this month to direct a production of The Drowsy Chaperone.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

cirque Profile Photo
cirque
#6Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 9:32pm

I'm interested as to how long her absence is. Theres nothing on any of the booking sites, so I don't expect it to be that long. Might hold off buying a ticket till more details come out.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#7Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 10:20pm

Jacob, she was wonderful as Reno. I saw her in November.

When you say......."they are probably working on adjusting sets and stuff for the tour," what does that mean? Is the show being rewritten with different sets, and who are the they, that you are referring to?

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#8Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 10:32pm

Sets are almost always pared down for tours to save money and to make transportation feasible. I assume this is what jacob is referring to.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#9Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 10:39pm

Thanks, Broadwaydevil. I understand that. Unless I'm reading his posting wrong, it makes it sound as if the sets - new or old, depend on the casting of SJB.

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#10Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 10:39pm

It's my personal prediction that Ms. Block will replace Ms. Foster in the Broadway production, and Tari Kelly, who has a long history of doing major national tours, will headline the tour.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#11Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 10:42pm

Nealb - haha very true. I would imagine (or at least hope) that was not the intention of the post considering I don't think that makes any sense.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#12Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 10:54pm

Thanks, BroadwayD. I wasn't sure, so I just wanted to double check.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#13Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/2/12 at 11:12pm

I have to wonder if they plan on extending the B'way show past April?? They should extend it until August, at least, but would really like to see it run until the end of 2012 with Block taking over. If not, Block needs to do the tour.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

cirque Profile Photo
cirque
#14Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/5/12 at 7:18am

anyone heard anything more about whether Sutton is taking time off end of January as rumored?

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#15Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/5/12 at 8:01am

I think so and I hope so Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?

Or, even better, have her step in as Foster's replacement on Broadway and have Tari Kelly sdo the tour.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#16Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/5/12 at 10:47am

I don't believe the show will extend any further if Sutton and Joel don't re-sign.

Jonwo
#17Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/5/12 at 12:56pm

It wouldn't surprise me if it closes in April and they use the set for the tour, the set itself is fairly basic and would require only minor modifications to make it tourable, it has already extended twice so I imagine Roundabout will have made their investment back already.

cirque Profile Photo
cirque
#18Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/11/12 at 5:51am

No word yet on Sutton leaving for a break and SJB replacing, which is strange, considering Sutton was suppose to be leaving to direct the production of Chaperone for three weeks at the end of Jan, doubt they would put the understudy on for three weeks (despite the fact I hear Tari is wonderful!)

cirque Profile Photo
cirque
#19Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/16/12 at 12:01am

Apparently Sutton was off today, Tari was on, and Sutton is off to Ball State to direct Drowsy. Pretty poor form for the producers not to announce such a big absence! Anyways break a leg Tari!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#20Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/16/12 at 12:06am

Based on her twitter, Sutton has already left to direct Drowsy Chaperone.

@sfosternyc
Sutton Foster At Ball State working on their production of Drowsy Chaperone! So happy!!

Sutton Foster out of AG?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#21Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/16/12 at 12:27am

maybe she'll only be out a week or so. no need to bring in SJB again right now. still wishing they would extend this through the end of summer.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jon
#22Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/16/12 at 11:27am

At first I thought the title of this thread said SJP, which really frightened me!

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#23Do you think the producers of A'Goes are grooming SJB for the national tour?
Posted: 1/16/12 at 11:45am

@ Jon, so did I!!!

I hope see does the tour. I would love to see the show with her in it.

Videos