News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for keb2

keb2 Profile Photo
Member Name: keb2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who saw Alfred Molina in Red?  Dec 2 2017, 11:35:14 PM

I saw it from about midway back at the Taper in Los Angeles. I really enjoyed it. I think any seat is fine as long as you can see faces decently. 

Waitress Potential Cast Replacements  Nov 28 2017, 07:38:43 PM

Anna Kendrick is filming the movie Noelle in Canada through at least January 19. I doubt she's going into Waitress. 

Ahmanson Theater - LA  Mar 12 2015, 02:44:41 AM
geeking out over theater buildings in this post, don't mind me

I think the Montalban (and the Broad and the Wallis and the Ahmanson) are too modern/boring inside for Hedwig—I feel like that's a show that should be in a physical theater with a lot of character, which those newer interiors don't really have. I don't know if the Music Box (now Fonda) can put seats in the orchestra, and it's also pretty wide. Also, since it's primarily a concert venue, they may have some musical acts booked

Hedwig Lotto  Jan 8 2015, 09:51:51 PM
yup, bumping to ask the same question!
Broadway Week  Jan 5 2015, 01:36:36 AM
I've never bought tickets for Broadway Week before, how quickly do they typically sell? I.e. do I need to be online and know exactly what I'm buying on the 9th at 10:30, or are the tickets available for a few days (or longer) after that?
Shows In Need of A Revival  Jan 5 2015, 01:22:37 AM
It's been a while since the last Oklahoma revival, I'd love to see that on Broadway again. Preferably directed by Molly Smith, who did such a phenomenal job with the show at Arena Stage in DC a few years back.

I think it'd have to have a Hollywood name brand star, but I'd love to see She Loves Me.

And as much as I'd lovelovelove a Merrily We Roll Along revival, I think it'd be better suited for an off-Broadway run in a smaller house.

I'm Gonna Wash That Mic Right Out of My Hair  Dec 30 2014, 09:44:28 AM
I recently saw a production of South Pacific that made me wonder—given that most Nellies are wearing microphones on their foreheads and a wig, how does the showering part of "Wash That Man" work from a sound/wig design standpoint? I saw footage of Kelli O'Hara doing it and it looks like she totally soaked the wig, but the mic was working just fine.
HUNCHBACK La Jolla Previews  Nov 13 2014, 10:01:19 PM
The reviews are not all positive:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-hunchback-of-notre-dame-review-20141114-column.html
http://www.laweekly.com/publicspectacle/2014/11/11/disneys-staging-of-the-hunchback-of-notre-dame-is-like-every-other-musical-youve-seen
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2014/nov/13/theater-hunchback-la-jolla/#
http://www.sdcitybeat.com/sandiego/article-13609-la-jolla-playhouses-%E2%80%98hunchback-may-be-too-sweet.html

Pippin Tour?  Nov 6 2014, 11:49:22 PM
I've never second acted but I will say that the Pantages ushers are some of the strictest about moving up at intermission--I was pretty far back in the mezz for a show a few years ago (West Side Story maybe?) and there were two or three rows of empty seats a section or two in front of me. At intermission, I politely asked the usher if we could move up and she informed me quite brusquely that we could not, as we hadn't paid for that section.

I understand that in principle, but at the sam

Josh Kaufman's replacement  Nov 1 2014, 04:10:13 PM
I could see Hunter Parrish doing well in the role if he has those high notes.
Pippin Tour?  Oct 31 2014, 08:45:14 PM
Showface, you should definitely see it.

I've seen this production five times now, and it's one of those shows that's greater than the sum of its parts—even when a few performances are off, or the energy is weird that night, the whole thing is still pretty amazing, and definitely worthwhile.

Pippin Tour?  Oct 30 2014, 02:14:31 PM
To me, Lewis is the pretty, dumb one, whereas Pippin is more normal in general (except for his academic background). He's ordinary and strives to be extraordinary.

ETA: To me, Pippin is the "boy next door."

Pippin Tour?  Oct 30 2014, 01:47:51 PM
Kyle Dean Massey is good. My problem with him is super dumb, and sounds silly compared to all the complaining in other Pippin threads, but I find him too pretty for the role. I don't know, I feel like Pippin is supposed to look like a normal human being, not someone with abs and a jawline chiseled by Zeus.
Pippin Tour?  Oct 30 2014, 01:15:56 PM
Kyle Dean Massey is playing Pippin on tour starting Tuesday in L.A.

Sunday is Matthew James Thomas' last show.

https://twitter.com/Pantages/status/527868761181659136

Pippin Tour?  Oct 26 2014, 06:09:57 PM
I'm a bit late to this party, but I saw Lisa Karlin as Leading Player on Thursday and Sasha Allen yesterday.

I'm a huge fan of Patina Miller's take on the role, so I couldn't help but compare the two of them (and Ciara Renee, when I saw her) to Patina, and no one lives up to that, for me.

I thought Patina struck just the right balance of menacing and charming. Lisa was quite charming, but not menacing enough, and had a nice voice. I thought she danced the Manson Trio pretty wel

HAIR TONIGHT  Aug 5 2014, 01:23:17 AM
Claude was at the front, singing "Where Do I Go." The cast members who didn't get naked were placed around the stage/on the scaffolding. The ones who did get naked were playing with a parachute, and then at the end, they all went under/in the parachute, and emerged gradually, naked.
HAIR TONIGHT  Aug 3 2014, 04:16:21 PM
Yeah, no "Dead End" or "Exanaplanetooch," though there was a reference in the script to Claude being from a planet called Exanaplanetooch. But some of Rado's additions to the dialogue were definitely included.
HAIR TONIGHT  Aug 3 2014, 02:34:07 PM
It was the same songs as in the Paulus revival, though different arrangements. No "Dead End" or "Hippie Life," I don't think. There was some added dialogue from the parents in Electric Blues, I think it was.
HAIR TONIGHT  Aug 3 2014, 02:03:15 PM
Haha I know, but I was just surprised, since at that point it was more drizzle than rain, and the folks I saw leaving had pretty expensive seats.
HAIR TONIGHT  Aug 3 2014, 01:14:11 PM
The cast handled it pretty well. A lot of people left pretty early, because many Californians are afraid of rain. After about 10 minutes, Ben Walker came on stage and told people not to leave, and there were free ponchos. It did definitely pull focus, but the audience's focus seemed to be pretty far gone by then anyways.

Hunter Parrish also changed the lines "I hate the ****ing ____" (I forget what it is) and "I wish the **** it would snow" to "I hate the ****ing rain" and "I wish the *

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You