News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Visceral_Fella

Visceral_Fella Profile Photo
Member Name: Visceral_Fella
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Sep 27 2017, 06:24:15 PM

That was fast.

Color Purple tour cast?  Sep 26 2017, 05:56:57 AM

ACL2006 said: "for those wondering about Bre Jackson, she has re-joined the Broadway company for Book of Mormon. I have to assume she was asked to do the tour, but declined and took BOM instead."

This is not true. I believe she may have been offered ensemble on the tour, but she was not offered lead Celie.

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL  Sep 19 2017, 12:22:48 AM

Katie Rose Clarke would be a good replacement.

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL  Sep 19 2017, 12:10:10 AM

The director of Frozen implied that in his opinion she wasn't capable of playing Elsa just a few days ago. I think it's safe to assume that it isn't Frozen.

And anyone who thinks she has a shot a booking the Wicked movie... well... I can't even make an analogy for how far off from reality you are. STOP!

Hamilton bway vs Hamilton tour- which to see?  Sep 16 2017, 05:56:15 PM

The touring company is the best company at the moment. I'm not sure if the current leads will still be a part of the company by the time the tour hits Toronto. I wouldn't see any company but the current tour. Outside of the Lafayette (who is STELLAR and very different but on par with Daveed I dare say) and a few other standout performances, the current Chicago cast is really suffering since Olivo's departure. Montego is painfully miscast. The current Broadway compan

Wicked Movie Casting  Sep 9 2017, 03:23:10 AM

ignore.

Kinky Boots or Waitress?  Sep 7 2017, 02:24:22 PM

fanatic3 said: "I live in DC. So everything pretty much comes to DC when they tour. And I live so close to NYC that anytime I want to go I go. I definitely want to see Beautiful because during my singing lessons I sometimes sing Carole King. I'm hoping if some of the background of the writing of the songs will be explained in the show and that will make my singing richer. Or at least I can share the background with my coach.

I'm leaning toward Kinky Boots though I

Color Purple tour cast?  Sep 7 2017, 02:20:04 PM

Yay, did I up my street cred? Haha

Kinky Boots or Waitress?  Sep 7 2017, 12:56:45 PM

That's hard. I'm not a Betsy Wolf fan (GASP) but I really enjoy Waitress. I think I would still go see Waitress even with Betsy, but I've seen both already.

Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 6 2017, 10:46:25 AM

Deena Jones said: "Wonder why she's leaving? Do you think she feels she was snubbed at not being Bette's replacement?"

At this stage in her career alternating with planned performances is probably much more appealing than standing by. Her role has in a sense been eliminated from the production now that Bernadette will do 8 shows. Perfect timing to gracefully bow out.

I would be surprised if she felt snubbed, but standing by for Bernadette probably

Mean Girls Musical: Washington DC Fall 2017  Sep 5 2017, 06:46:28 PM

CindersGolightly said: "Broadwayboy2631 said: "They better book Madison Square Garden. That's the only way that this cast is going to read as juniors in high school."

Because Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Seyfried, Lacey Chabert, and Rachel McAdams looked like high schooljuniors in the film....? Not to mention Lizzy Caplan andDanielFranzese.
"

I saw the film when I was in high school and believed them as high school aged. I was actually surpr

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 5 2017, 03:16:37 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "nightnic001 said: "In Chicago, Aubin Wise will be taking over full time as Peggy/Maria sometime toward the end of September."

^ Here's alink to her post confirming that.
"

Is this no longer true? Samantha Ware tweeted something along the lines of I'll be on my knees belting an F until further notice, and Aubin has taken down this post.

Also, does anyone know who has been playing Angelica in Chicago since Karen left and when Montego starts? I know Jenni Harney played the role a few days ago, but there's no other info.

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 4 2017, 04:04:21 PM

He does NOT have two terminal illnesses. As far as I know, he did not disclose what kind of cancer he had but his treatments were successful. He is also HIV positive, hardly considered terminal anymore. It is a chronic but managable illness and people live complete full lives with it. 

You are absolutely right. Thank you for that call out. It was late and I was speaking more broadly than I realized. I somehow forgot that HIV was reclassified as an infectious disease

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 4 2017, 12:57:02 AM

^ It's probably a bit more tricky than simply replacing him. Who wants to be the production that fires someone who has been through as much as Javi when he's doing the best that he can? I can see the articles, statements, and interviews now. What a headache. That's a bit business minded, but with all the actor blog posts, and tweeting, and blah blah blah, replacing an actor with two terminal illinessss and an injury based on an attendance can be very merky territory.

Wicked on Broadway worth it after seeing tour?  Sep 3 2017, 09:08:57 AM

It's quite beautiful at The Gershwin. The set is built a few rows into the audience, there are more lights built into the set, there's a few additional pieces of scenery. Visually it's more beautiful but not a significant difference. I think the difference is something that a frequent Wicked visitor who hasn't seen the show on Broadway would enjoy.

The current Elphaba is turning out amazing performances, and if you saw the show in 2015 then she is not who you saw on tou

Lila Neugebauer - Does she sleep?  Aug 29 2017, 09:09:55 PM

Lileana Blain-Cruz has had very similar schedules and got 5 Critics Picks in one season.

Color Purple tour cast?  Aug 29 2017, 05:18:27 AM

Yes, they were all understudies. Carrie was bumped up to lead after Danielle left, but she was originally apart of the production as an understudy. John was very loyal to the original company and invited many of them to not only return, but be promoted to lead.

Hamilton Chicago Burr and Angelica?  Aug 26 2017, 10:03:58 PM

Breaker and Olivo have left before the start date of their replacements. Who is playing Burr and Angelica in the interim? Also, when is Montego's first show? The announcement said, "early September"

Color Purple tour cast?  Aug 26 2017, 10:00:24 PM

Last I heard:

Celie - Adrianna Hicks, Shug Avery - Carla Stewart, Sophia - Carrie Compere, Nettie was Pheonix Best but she did DEH and Les Mis instead. Angela Birchette is returning as a church lady. That's all I know.

THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Aug 25 2017, 08:17:49 PM

Apparently Adrianna Hicks is Celie, Carla Stewart is Shug Avery, Carrie Compere is Sophia. I'm hearing Pheonix Best was Nettie, but left for DEH and Les Mis. That's all that I've heard.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You