News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Janelle188

Janelle188 Profile Photo
Member Name: Janelle188
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Sutton Foster.
 Jun 18 2009, 03:46:45 AM
Love her, love her, love her. I truly think she's absolutely adorable and her voice is just beautiful.
re: The Last 5 Year Tonys!
 Jun 18 2009, 03:45:14 AM
BEST MUSICAL
Jersey Boys

BEST REVIVAL OF A MUSICAL
Hair

BEST DIRECTOR OF A MUSICAL
Michael Mayer, Spring Awakening

BEST LEADING ACTOR IN A MUSICAL
Norbert Leo Butz, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

BEST LEADING ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL
Christine Ebersole, Grey Gardens

BEST FEATURED ACTOR IN A MUSICAL
John Gallagher Jr, Spring Awakening

BEST FEATURED ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL
Sara Ramirez,

re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
 Apr 19 2009, 02:48:45 AM
I read it a couple months ago when I got an advanced reader's copy of it. Great book. She's really funny and it's a quick read. Overall, lots of fun. I liked the stuff about her and Aaron Sorkin. Their relationship is very interesting.

re: Little Women The Musical Love thread!
 Apr 18 2009, 05:38:27 AM
I saw the tour as well and I have to say, I've never heard a voice quite like Maureen McGovern's live. She has so much emotion and power. She was truly spectacular. Also, I thought it was cute that the understudy for Jo that I saw perform, was married to the guy who played Professor Bahr. It was special.

I actually took my mom, not a huge theatre fan, to see it, cause I thought it'd be a fun mother-daughter trip. She actually really liked it and asked me to get her the CD. She would lis

re: Comfort Recordings
 Mar 3 2009, 01:38:42 AM
I love The Last 5 Years and it's perfect to listen to feel happy, sad, an entire range of emotions. I have discovered, however, that I can't listen to "Nobody Needs to Know" whenever I'm on my way somewhere, especially work. It makes me angry, and I'm in a bad mood afterward.
re: Into the Woods Revival
 Nov 30 2008, 02:10:22 PM
I agree about the dancing cow being distracting. It takes away so much from the story. When I was in high school, the drama dept. did a production of Into the Woods. Instead of having a fake cow, like the original production, a girl was cast and put in a cow costume. It was kind of fun, but she would dance during "It Takes Two" and people would be laughing and no one would pay any attention to the two actors on stage, who were awesome. So, closing night, the director asked the girl playing the c
re: Funniest Broadway Song?
 Aug 26 2008, 04:06:48 AM
I second "Love is My Legs." That song is absolutely hilarious! I love it. Especially the way NLB and SRS sing it. They are brilliant.
re: Another Kristen to play Glinda on Film?
 Aug 21 2008, 02:21:17 AM
But Platt had the rights didn't he? He says in Wicked: The Road to Broadway: "I was developing a screenplay based on Gregory Maguire's novel, but something was lacking-- something in the world, something in the storytelling. And one day, I got a phone call from Stephen Schwartz. Stephen said: 'This is a novel that would be great if it were musicalized' and the moment he said it, the light bulb went off in my head and I thought, that's what missing here."
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Aug 21 2008, 02:03:52 AM
This is technically a stage door moment since it happened at the stage door, but it wasn't after a show and it was completely by accident. My friend and I found out about Norbert Leo Butz touring with the first 6 cities of DRS and so we bought tickets in Costa Mesa, booked a hotel and made a weekend of it. We're from Northern Cali, so we made the 7 hour trip down, checked into our hotel, got ready for the show and started to walk over. At the time, they were doing a lot of street construction an
re: Another Kristen to play Glinda on Film?
 Aug 21 2008, 01:42:46 AM
I don't think that the thing about Spielberg is true. I remember in the documentary about Wicked's journey to the stage, Schwartz said when he read it, he wanted to write it as a musical and so he tried to get the rights, but found out that Marc Platt (a producer for Universal) already owned the rights, so he got into contact with him and suggested the musical idea and Platt loved it. He said it was the element he felt was missing from the story. So, he teamed up with Schwartz and Platt produced
re: Julia Murney as Evita at Sacramento's Music Circus
 Aug 16 2008, 03:34:25 PM
YES! That was him. He was really very good.
re: Julia Murney as Evita at Sacramento's Music Circus
 Aug 16 2008, 04:27:59 AM
I love Music Circus. I had never seen anything done in the round before. Then I saw Les Mis there last year and just saw Sweeney Todd last month. It's such interesting and unique staging. And they often use Broadway talent. The guy who played Sweeney Todd, I can't recall his name but he was the original Father in Ragtime and played the Judge in the Cerveris-Lupone revival of Sweeney Todd on Broadway.
re: Funny bloopers from your own shows
 Jan 8 2008, 11:00:30 PM
We did Noises Off in high school and had more casting nightmares than you can imagine, but the most notable one was that our Garry decided three days before opening that he didn't want to be in the show any more and quit. At the last minute, our Dottie got her boyfriend to join the cast. He was from a different school, but we were desperate. He stayed home from school for three days to learn blocking and lines and when we opened, he was good to go. For the first week and a half, however, when ac
re: If you could pick ONE Tony nom?
 May 14 2007, 12:36:23 AM
Johnny Gallagher, Jr. for Spring Awakening. My new favorite guy, though Norbert will always be my #1. :)
Favorite Moments
 Apr 20 2007, 02:51:59 AM
Okay, this topic was too amazing to pass up. I love it, because I started thinking about it and realized how many little moments I cherish from my recordings. So, I just picked a few.

First, from "Aspects of Love" when Rose convinces Alex to act out the play with her in Act 1, when they break into George's house and she tells him what part she wants him to play and he say "But I don't know anything about theatre." Michael Ball is so freaking adorable when he says that. I always play it

re: What's next for Michael Arden?
 Mar 19 2007, 06:00:17 PM
Let's not consider this a live comedy quite yet. Amy Sherman-Palladino is a tremendedy talented writer. She's hilarious. . . but "The Gilmore Girls," while always considered a comedy by award show standards (it was always in the comedy category for best series and best actress) was more of a dramedy than anything else.
re: What's next for Michael Arden?
 Mar 19 2007, 07:33:03 AM
Just found this:

THE RETURN OF JEZEBEL JAMES (FOX) - Michael Arden ("The Good Shepherd") and Ron McLarty ("Trump Unauthorized") have both scored roles on the comedy pilot, about two estranged sisters who reunite after one of them agrees to carry the other's baby. They'll play Buddy and Donald, respectively, two unspecified characters.

Commitment: Ordered to pilot
Cast: Lauren Ambrose (Sarah), Michael Arden (Buddy), Parker Posey (Coco), Ron McLarty (Donald), Scott Cohen (Ma

re: Top 15 favorite recent cast recordings.
 Oct 25 2006, 01:21:20 AM
I could only think of 13. . . I was tempted to add Jersey Boys, but I've barely listened to it since I got it, so I felt like that would be cheating. :)

Wicked
DRS
Wedding Singer
I Love You Because (I got this three days ago and have listened to nothing else since)
L5Y
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Rent (Movie Soundtrack. Yes, I know, it's technically not a cast recording but I'm counting it anyway, just casue it was fantastic)
Hedwig (movie. see above :) )
Li

re: Broadway TV show
 Oct 21 2006, 02:48:32 PM
On that show, "Caroline in the City," with Lea Thompson, the character of her best friend was a dancer in "Cats." They talked about it numerous times and even had an episode with David Hyde Pierce where he was an auditor for the IRS who loved Cats and saw it so many times and so Annie (the best friend) got him an audition so she could pass her audit. He sang a song he made up about his job in the IRS. In the end, he was made to believe he was cast so she had to sneak him onstage. It was pretty f
re: Could 'The Last 5 Years' Work Well On Screen?
 Sep 29 2006, 03:51:54 AM
Roninjoey--

I think it's so awesome that you brought up Eternal Sunshine, because that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this topic. . . well actually, my first thought was "No." and then "Well, only if Michel Gondry were to direct it. . but then he kinda already did, with Eternal Sunshine."

So. . . yeah! I second Roninjoey, since the thinking was exactly my own. :) I don't think it should be a film, since it's so unique and theatrical, but if it were to be, Michel Go

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You