pixeltracker

Cheno's "A Little Bit Wicked" Book Thread

Cheno's "A Little Bit Wicked" Book Thread

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1Cheno's "A Little Bit Wicked" Book Thread
Posted: 4/10/09 at 6:31pm

Cheno's

I just bought Kristin Chenoweth's new book "A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love and Faith in Stages" at my Barnes & Noble store here in Fort Worth. I pre-ordered it and the store decided to buy their own copies, so they released it today instead of Tuesday. I have only read the first two chapters and seen the full-color photos and they look great. Who else is getting the book or has gotten it already?

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#2re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/10/09 at 11:33pm

I'm definitely planning on getting it as soon as I finish up my other books. Can't wait to read it. re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#2re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/11/09 at 10:28pm

I'm getting it on Thursday because I'm going to a book discussion/signing. :) It's the one at the Paley Center for Media. Is anyone else going?

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#3re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/11/09 at 11:12pm

How much personal detail did she include??

The only review of a show that matters is your own.
Updated On: 4/11/09 at 11:12 PM

jacobsnchz14
#4re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/12/09 at 1:08am

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

So far, she has talked about the relationship with her grandparents and how she coped with their deaths and how she may not want to ever be in contact with her birth mother. She has gotten deep... and I've only read the first two chapters! She introduces the first chapter, not Overture prologue, by telling a story about when she had an unpleasant interaction with a flight-attendant and she ends the chapter with the final main point of the story. She asked her her name and the attendant wouldn't respond. She said she wanted to pray for her. Her response: I don't need your prayers. Cheno's response: ...I need your name... I am going to pray to God specifically about you.

This seems to be a really great book so far. I have had a "habit" of buying autobios this year. Besides "A Litle Bit Wicked", I have purchased and read "Here's the Story" by Maureen McCormick, "sTORI Telling" by Tori Spelling, and "Elvis and Me" by Priscilla Presley. Out of these four, Cheno's is at the top so far!

iluvcioffiiluvtea23 Profile Photo
iluvcioffiiluvtea23
#5re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/13/09 at 1:09pm

I'll be getting the book on Wednesday. It'll be a fun read!

http://finiansrainbowforum.proboards.com/index.cgi

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#6re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/14/09 at 3:05pm

I got the book last week. It is a fun, quick read. I would have preferred more focus on the various Broadway experiences she has had, but that is probably just me.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#7re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/14/09 at 4:25pm

I just bought it! I, too have only looked at the pictures, but I can't wait to sit down and read it. It looks a little short...

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#8re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/19/09 at 12:17am

I read it in a week. I loved loved loved it.

Fun easy read but you can almost hear her just telling the stories. I actually would love to hear the Audio version just to hear her tell them.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Janelle188
#9re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/19/09 at 2:48am

I read it a couple months ago when I got an advanced reader's copy of it. Great book. She's really funny and it's a quick read. Overall, lots of fun. I liked the stuff about her and Aaron Sorkin. Their relationship is very interesting.

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#10re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/19/09 at 10:23am

Oh my gosh, I'd love to hear an audio version. That would be great because she writes as if she were telling these stories.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

jacobsnchz14
#11re: Cheno's 'A Little Bit Wicked' Book Thread
Posted: 4/19/09 at 10:53am

The audiobook will be released on April 28th. Here is a preview:

http://www.oasisaudio.com/product.php?prod=9781598595642

Videos