News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kyguy78

kyguy78 Profile Photo
Member Name: kyguy78
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Theater lover from the Bluegrass state.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2022-2023 Touring Season
 May 20 2022, 10:24:06 AM

Lexington, KY ---Lexington Opera House---

Oct. 21- 23 Tootsie

Nov. 3-6 Annie

Jan. 20-22 On Your Feet

Mar. 17-19 My Fair Lady

Mar. 30 - Apr. 2 Jesus Christ Superstar

Saddest Broadway Songs
 Jan 19 2021, 12:18:14 PM

Count me as another vote for "The I Love You Song" from Spelling Bee.    

Best William finn musicals/songs?
 Sep 10 2020, 02:19:52 PM

The "I Love You Song" from 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee would be my vote

2019-2020 Touring Season
 Mar 14 2019, 10:10:32 AM

Cincinnati announces this evening and it looks like Mean Girls will be one of the shows.Tee Boyich is out doing press and posted pics from Cincinnati last night on her Instagram story.  There was also a tease for the announcement that said something like "the princesses in your family will be excited" so I'm assuming that's going to be Anastasia or Frozen.

2019-2020 Touring Season
 Feb 7 2019, 12:45:29 PM

Louisville announced today:

Dear Evan Hansen

The Band's Visit

Jesus Christ Superstar

Miss Saigon

Anastasia

Come From Away

The Lion King (as a season option)

Cincinnati hasn't announced yet, but there's usually a decent amount of overlap.  They have Dear Evan Hansen and Miss Saigon this season, so I'm guessing Anastasia along with Come From Away and/or The Band's Visit will be a part of the 2019-20 s

Can you rate the disney musicals against each other?
 Feb 27 2018, 11:15:24 AM

Of the shows I've seen, my order would be:

1. Beauty and the Beast 

2. The Lion King

3. Newsies

4. Mary Poppins

5. Aladdin

6. The Little Mermaid

Waitress on Tour
 Jan 26 2018, 11:17:19 AM

Saw it in Cincinnati this past weekend and I have to echo a lot of gleek's comments.  It is a very strong production overall.  I thought Desi's voice was great and "She Used to Be Mine" gave me chills.  The crowd I was with went crazy for Jeremy Morse as Ogie; so much so that he had to get the cue for the button to "Never Getting Rid of Me" a couple of times. We thought about doing the stage door since we enjoyed the show so much, but the area w

2016 - 2017 Touring Season
 Feb 23 2016, 01:59:14 PM

Had a subscription in Cincinnati for six or seven years, then didn't renew after a so-so past couple of years; prices kept creeping up, but quality of shows didn't warrant the price tag.  I guess a lot of people did the same because the lineup for this year looks pretty solid.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST - NETworks tour
 Jun 26 2012, 11:59:39 PM
I saw the tour twice last year over, in the fall in Cincinnati and shortly before Christmas in Richmond, KY. I saw the show several years ago on Broadway as well and, like others have said, the sets and costumes are very scaled down, especially the village and Belle's home.

I thought Emily Behny did a very solid job as Belle and had a nice richness to her voice. The Beast was played more as a brattish child than a tortured soul, but the kids seemed to love it. Overall, it was worth

NYC Here I Come...Again
 Aug 11 2007, 09:38:03 PM
Found out this week that one of the groups at school is taking a trip to NYC in November. Being the dedicated teacher I am, I happily volunteered to chaperone. So I'll be getting a four day stay in NYC with the hotel room, transportation, and some meals paid for. I can't wait!
re: Hotel recommendations needed
 May 22 2007, 12:07:19 AM
My wife and I stayed at the Milford Plaza last April when we were there and thought it was more than suitable for our needs. We're talking about going back later this summer and we'll probably stay there again.
re: Debbie Gibson Love
 Apr 8 2007, 08:00:57 AM
I think we've all been waiting for a musical featuring the Debbie Gibson songbook. "Out of the Blue, "Shake Your Love," and "Only in My Dreams" were made for the stage!
re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
 Mar 20 2007, 07:27:47 PM
I know it's going to be the second show in Louisville's 2007-08 season.
re: 2007-08 Broadway Across America Schedule for Louisville
 Mar 17 2007, 12:07:04 PM
I agree, but I think Phantom will draw just because of the name. I liked Wedding Singer when I saw it in NYC, so I'm anxious to see what the tour performance looks like. Honestly though, I'll probably skip Camelot.
2007-08 Broadway Across America Schedule for Louisville
 Mar 16 2007, 04:47:04 PM
Camelot, Wedding Singer, Phantom of the Opera, Sweeney Todd, and Avenue Q. Looks like a solid season overall with some shows for the die hard theater lovers as well as some that should have some more mainstream appeal.

Spelling Bee Tour Review -2/24 Matinee in Louisville, KY
 Feb 24 2007, 08:37:17 PM
Saw the Saturday afternoon performance of "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" this afternoon in Louisville. It was easily the best show of the season. The sets were simple and effective, but a show like Spelling Bee, embraces its' simplicity.

The entire cast did a great job and the laughs came in abundance. I thought the three female spellers easily stole the show though. Sarah Stiles may have been my favorite of the spellers as Logainne. She had a charisma and energy that

re: All Shook Up in Philly this week!
 Feb 21 2007, 09:44:22 PM
I saw the tour in Louisville and was very surprised at how good it was. The performers were obviously enjoying themselves and the music was so infectous.
re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
 Jan 11 2007, 09:54:17 PM
Didn't Saved by the Bell use this plot? Oh, wait, that was Kelly's grandfather owned a resort and developers were trying to take it over. Eh, close enough.
re: New GREASE Revival Logo
 Jan 6 2007, 01:54:56 PM
Looks like a logo you'd see for toothpaste or something in the 1950s. Maybe that's what the producers are going for, but I'd give it a big thumbs down.
re: Theaters with the best/worst partial view seats
 Jan 6 2007, 01:53:49 PM
I had partial view at the Gershwin and it was pretty darn nice.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You