pixeltracker

Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY POPPINS: From Stage To Page Book Forthcoming

Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY POPPINS: From Stage To Page Book Forthcoming

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY POPPINS: From Stage To Page Book Forthcoming
Posted: 1/11/07 at 8:08pm

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2007/01/10/one-for-the-books-a-sneak-peek-at-disney-press-disney-editions-2007-releases.aspx

Link above shows you the cover art and details to the upcoming 2007 release of the book MARY POPPINS: FROM PAGE TO STAGE.

But even more interesting is the novelisation of the upcoming HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 film, with plot spoilers abound:

***SPOILERS***

Goodbye, classroom! Hello, summer! But for Troy, Gabriella, Chad, and Taylor, this vacation is no day at the beach; they're all working at a country club founded by none other than Ryan & Sharpay's grandfather! And with the club's annual Midsummer Night's Musical right around the corner, Sharpay's competitive instincts are sizzling. If she can manage to win the Star Dazzle award just one more time, the country club will name it after Sharpay, and it will be hers forever.

But this year, Sharpay faces some tough competition -- Gabriella! To have any hope of coming out on top, Sharpay knows that she'll need a secret weapon. Which is why she dumps Ryan and starts wooing Troy to be her new partner. Gabriella is less than thrilled that Troy has fallen under Sharpay's spell. How could he do that to her?

Things are heating up on the lawns of high society. Will Troy & Gabriella realize that they were meant to be? Or is it too late for them to sing one last song together?

***END SPOILERS***

So do we have ANOTHER musical version MIDSUMMER to ... (look forward?) ... to?

And wasn't this the premise of an episode of SAVED BY THE BELL?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Updated On: 1/11/07 at 08:08 PM

Yankeefan007
Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#2re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 8:11pm

Wait, wasn't Ryan Sharpay's brother?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#3re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY POPPINS: From Stage To Page Book Forthcoming
Posted: 1/11/07 at 8:11pm

About as lame as the first one.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#4re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY POPPINS: From Stage To Page Book Forthcoming
Posted: 1/11/07 at 8:16pm

Oh goodness. What better way for Disney to cement the superiority of rich, talented kids than having the whole thing take place in a country club? Yuck.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#5re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY POPPINS: From Stage To Page Book Forthcoming
Posted: 1/11/07 at 8:40pm

The fact that we all actually clicked on this thread is sad enough.

Akiva

ThankstoPhantom
#6re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY POPPINS: From Stage To Page Book Forthcoming
Posted: 1/11/07 at 8:40pm

I'm glad to see MP book subtitled "From Page to Stage." Good to see literary acknowledgment...I'll be sure to purchase that!

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

think_of_me2007 Profile Photo
think_of_me2007
#7re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 8:43pm

How do you put the "musical" into a novel?

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#8re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 8:50pm

WTF? I agree with Katurian.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#9re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 9:20pm

Shouldn't the second movie be about rehersals, and then the third be the performance or something? This seems like a pretty pointless, weak, plot so far.

Mattbrain
#10re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 9:22pm

My chorus class wants to do songs from the first movie.

Damn it all.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#11re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 9:51pm

weeeeeeeee're aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall in thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis togeeeeeeeeeeeether...

::bust a move::

kyguy78 Profile Photo
kyguy78
#12re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 9:54pm

Didn't Saved by the Bell use this plot? Oh, wait, that was Kelly's grandfather owned a resort and developers were trying to take it over. Eh, close enough.

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#13re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 10:13pm

It never fails to amuse me that the girl's name is Sharpay. I mean, seriously.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#14re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 10:19pm

"It never fails to amuse me that the girl's name is Sharpay. I mean, seriously."

I'm just wondering, what does the name Sharpay represent?Is Sharpay a musical theater character in a show?
Updated On: 1/11/07 at 10:19 PM

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#15re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 10:27pm

isn't a Sharpay a kind of dog? maybe the name is a joke saying the character is a bitch?

as lame as the moves are, I have an odd fascination with Ashley Tisdale...

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#16re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 11:01pm

This seems like a pretty pointless, weak, plot so far.

Agreed. As the co-writers of the first movie, I can't imagine that William Shakespeare and Anton Chekhov are too thrilled with the new direction of the franchise.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

neddyfrank2
#17re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/11/07 at 11:06pm

That just sounds like it will be an AMAZING film.

xcfool13
#18re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/12/07 at 2:39am

Why is Disney even making a second High School Musical? The first was horrible and sequels usually are worse. It's a shame the first musical is being staged as live theatre.

AnythingCanHappen Profile Photo
AnythingCanHappen
#19re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/12/07 at 2:52am

xcfool:

why?

WHY?

BECAUSE THEY ARE ADDING COUNTLESS MILLIONS TO THEIR EMPIRE.

I, for one, would LOVE to work for Disney. Skeeve and Scam my way to the top with cute, successful, TV musicals? CHELL yes.

"Don't worry, it should never be seen. It's comparable to Britney's hoo-ha." - being.jeremiah in response to the High School Musical 2 logo "You look fantastic, all you need are high heels, cake and a dream." - Amneris

MimiLovesRoger Profile Photo
MimiLovesRoger
#20re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/12/07 at 9:34am

Yuck, yuck, yuck. I hated HSM.

SarahBeth Profile Photo
SarahBeth
#21re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/12/07 at 11:25am

I would've been fine with a rehearsal process and then a performance but that has got to be the lamest idea I have ever heard.

"I'll show you a laughgasm. I'll gasm all over this stage!"
"Interesting choice"

HollyImposter
#22re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/12/07 at 12:32pm

Ryan and Sharpay ARE sister and brother.

Just to throw that out there. But when it says she "dumps" him I think it means she dumps him as her singing partner and tries at first to get Troy to be her singing partner.

Cruel_Sandwich
#23re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/12/07 at 12:33pm

Wasn't this the plot of GET OVER IT?

shesamarshmallow
#24re: Spoiler Warning: Plot of Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Leaked; MARY PO
Posted: 1/12/07 at 12:43pm

Any excuse not to actually have a MUSICAL in High School Musical.

The only similarity with Get Over It is the subject of the show within a show. Silly as that movie is, I'm going to bet that it's twenty times more enjoyable than HSM2. Especially since I'm sure the Midsummer Night's Musical won't actually be an important part of the movie.

Who wants to watch all overproduced audition scenes? Kids weird me out sometimes.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway