News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicMan93

Member Name: MusicMan93
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Barbra sings from GYPSY  Oct 11 2012, 03:16:04 AM
Two reasons you all should lay off it,
One: C'mon, she is 70! I thought she did great, sure she was a little raspy but she sounded amazing to me. I would love to hear Mariah Carey try that when she is 50, I bet she can barely do it now!

Two: She is Barbra Streisand!! What more do you really need?

Smash -- Series Discussion  Aug 13 2012, 02:47:53 PM
Who stole a song from Jeremy I wonder!? Here's hoping the story gets better in the season to come.
What Shows Do You Want To See Re-Imagined?  Aug 1 2012, 03:55:36 AM
This is why I love the BWW forum, you all make me laugh just when I need it!

How about Ragtime set in modern times with vintage costumes?? Oh, never mind. Maybe Eve Ensler could rework Book of Mormon about women on a mission who are all going through different stages in their lives titled "The Book of Estrogen". It could be set in a monestary. With Julie Taymor directing of course!

The Caretaker - Movie cast?  Jul 31 2012, 10:44:04 PM
I revised the collage. http://www.flickr.com/photos/83777468@N05/7688446988

@darquegk - Do you mean adapt it for the stage?

The Caretaker - Movie cast?  Jul 31 2012, 09:54:00 PM
@aaronb - Yeah, I agree, it would be tough. Maybe Joe Wright? I have never seen betrayal, I'll check it out.
The Lord of the Rings Retrospective  Jul 31 2012, 03:30:00 AM
@JeanGuido
Cruel? You thought THAT was cruel!? Check out this review, http://theater.nytimes.com/2006/03/24/theater/reviews/24ring.html?pagewanted=all , but be warned. You migh find ithis appalling!

Boyle's Frankenstein coming to NY?  Jul 30 2012, 01:39:24 PM
I read an article recently, though I cant remember where, about Danny Boyle and the Olympics opening ceremonies. He mentioned wanting to bring the Frankenstein to New York sometime soon. Anyone have more info on this? Or maybe could remind me what magazine the interview was in?
The Lord of the Rings Retrospective  Jul 30 2012, 12:49:58 PM
Thank you Harry for writing this. As someone who never saw the production, only the montage clips I would watch over and over, I always wondered what the real problems were with it. I felt like there were only ever two different opinions from critics and theater goers.

One: It was the worst show for "obvious" (but never explained) reasons.
Two: it was the best show ever and everyone should to see it!

It was nice to finally read something that covered everything and gave a

The Caretaker - Movie cast?  Jul 30 2012, 03:51:23 AM
He would be an interesting choice. Not sure if he would get the job, seeing that he isn't very well known outside of theater. Thats my opinion though, I could be wrong.
The Caretaker - Movie cast?  Jul 29 2012, 09:14:04 PM
This is my dream cast and director,

Davies - Jonathan Pryce. I saw him when the play was in SF and he was amazing!
Aston - Colin Firth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsllVbjFvLA
Mick - Rupert Friend
Director - Tom Hooper

What do you guys think? Who would you cast and why? Who do you believe is the best choice for director?

Tony Award Performances: Are Some Lip-Synched?  Jun 9 2012, 01:41:41 AM
Why are the Macy's parade performances lip-synched? I have a friend who was in Rent from 2001-2002 and she told me that when they did the parade they sang it live. No pre-recording. Why has that changed??
Chaplin: The Musical Marquee is up!  Jun 8 2012, 06:13:57 PM
They just put up the marquee, there is still time for them to change it. I really like the billboard though.
Les Mis First Trailer  May 30 2012, 01:35:59 AM
WOW! I thought I would be disappointed with this trailer, I was wrong. Anne's rendition of 'I dreamed a dream' left me with tears in my eyes. It gave me everything could want from a teaser. Well everything except a shot of Aaron as Enjolras. I haven't been this excited for a film in ages!
Sunset Boulevard - Movie Dream Cast  May 3 2012, 02:59:10 AM
I have never thought of Matt Bomer playing Joe before. I think that is absolutely brilliant!
Corbin's First Performance  Apr 19 2012, 02:55:20 AM
This just in, Corbin will be out sick til next week! JK! We don't want that happening again with people assuming what they will. Haha. I think it's awesome that he is back on Broadway. Wish I could go see him!
Les Mis Filming Has Started  Apr 19 2012, 02:50:36 AM
I love how Hugh is that last one you hear belting out that note! @BWNUT - Are u sure it wasn't Hugh making you feel tingly. Lol!
Sheryl Crow and Barry Levinson to Make Broadway Debuts with New Musical DINER in Fall 2012; Marshall to Direct  Apr 18 2012, 03:55:34 PM
I seriously can't wait for this! Especially since I live near the bay area! I want to go to the first preview, opening night, & closing night so I can see how it has changed through out its run.
H2$ Jonas EP?  Apr 17 2012, 02:35:42 AM
According to this website it is to be released on April 24th.
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/sound/upcoming.html

No Poster? So I made my own  Apr 16 2012, 02:34:52 PM
Wow! Proper Villain, those are amazing! The bullet/heart is genius. And the Titanic is absolutely fantastic.
Bad Audience Behavior: Newsies cast member's family edition  Apr 15 2012, 06:28:40 PM
In the end the point is, should the actor have jumped off the stage, gone to his family and said "Stop, this is disruptive!". No. That is supposed to be the job of the ushers. In the past ushers have jump all over me for just taking a picture with my friends while in our seats "Because there was no photography aloud in the theater.". But while someone is ruining a performance with their behavior, the ushers just sit by and watch? Of course, the actor could have sent a txt message to his family a
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You