News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CharlieHayes

Member Name: CharlieHayes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
 Mar 4 2013, 06:42:43 PM
I hate to say, I really do think this season will be Smash's last. It's too bad, because I think this season will ultimately be much more creatively successful than last season. I say ultimately, because I do think it's taking a while to settle into its new groove. The writers are cramming some things down our throats (WE GET IT: Jimmy is a self-destructive; Kyle is meek; Julia is falling apart.), while other developments are being brushed over (Ivy's big break and Eileen removing herself from t
Brantley makes a case for the return of the
 May 18 2012, 06:08:54 PM

I think it's as simple as standing when you want to stand. Full-house standing o's are probably more often the result of peer pressure and social custom than an abundance of worthy shows/performances.

That said, I think once the show is at curtain call, regard for theatergoers seated behind you is less important. If they don't want to stand , they shouldn't. If you want to offer that gesture to the cast and company, you should feel free to.

DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
 May 18 2012, 06:04:13 PM

Early early early. I ended up getting there around 7:20 when I went about a month ago and I was one of the last to get a bracelet. I can't imagine it's any better now. I recommend getting there by 7 and don't forget to bring your ID.

Also, special shout-out to the gentleman working the rush line. He was very efficient and made a point of counting us out as soon as possible so nobody who missed the cutoff waited around too long before they realized. (I waited two hours in the cold f

Ron Raines for FOLLIES? Really?!
 May 8 2012, 12:59:02 AM

Carlos, how is this thread classless?

May 8 2012, 12:56:35 AM

Gratuitously nasty? I didn't personally attack Ron Raines. How many other threads are on these boards criticizing nominations? What a petty, silly response.

May 1 2012, 07:14:50 PM

I guess I'm alone on this. His pipes are great, but I found him so boring. Huh.

May 1 2012, 07:01:36 PM
In a production chalk full of wonderful, colorful performances, his was a snooze. I'd have rather seen tons of other fellas nominated over him.

Obviously, there's the Raul Esparza in LEAP OF FAITH snub (which really IS a snub, since the real problem-the musical itself-did somehow swing a nomination. Had it been shut out, the Esparza oversight would've been defensible).

As pretty as he's already sitting with a nomination for NEWSIES in the same category, Jeremy Jordan's work

DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
 Apr 11 2012, 11:09:27 PM

Thanks for the help and wish me luck!

DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
 Apr 10 2012, 05:44:20 PM
Does anyone know how busy this rush has been? The box office opens at 10am. How early do you think I should get there to snag a ticket?

Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You