News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush

CharlieHayes
#1DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/10/12 at 5:44pm

Does anyone know how busy this rush has been? The box office opens at 10am. How early do you think I should get there to snag a ticket?

Thanks!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#2DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/11/12 at 12:19pm

Got there at 8 on Friday morning and was near the front of the line. Mind you this was a holiday weekend, so it may not be as difficult to snag a ticket now. That said, schools are out, so it may be this way all week.

Good luck!

theminutepast
#2DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/11/12 at 7:57pm

Ah, so you're one of those that got there early on Friday. I strolled up at 10 am and was told I needed a wristband to get rush tickets. Everyone was packed into the lobby wearing red wristbands. I should have known better, but I just wanted to sleep in Friday morning. Normally, how is the rush on the weekends?

CharlieHayes
#3DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/11/12 at 11:09pm

Thanks for the help and wish me luck!

Vagabond Anarchist Profile Photo
Vagabond Anarchist
#4DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/15/12 at 12:32pm

Hi everyone.

Could someone clarify about the wristbands? When do they hand them out? Do they only give them to the number of people corresponding with the number of tickets they have available that day?

Thanks!

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#5DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/16/12 at 7:58am

They give you a wristband when you arrive, and if you get a wristband, you're guaranteed a ticket. There's a very helpful guy running the rush. I went on Friday (got there a little before 8, was #DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush, and I think around 8:30am he started telling people who were just showing up that they wouldn't get a rush ticket that day. It's very organized.

theminutepast
#6DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/16/12 at 7:01pm

If you get a wristband, can you leave and come back?

April Saul
#7DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/21/12 at 8:32pm

Is this rush just for students? I saw conflicting reports on that...also, how bad were the partial view seats? Thanks...

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#8DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/21/12 at 10:33pm

It's not just for students, however, it is a rush for anyone under 30, which is a decent amount of students. And they do check ID. The partial view seats really depend. There was a group of 4 of us. We got the last two seats in rows A and B of the mezzanine all the way house left. I sat in B 21 (the second seat in) and saw 99% of the show. My friend was not so lucky. He sat in A 23 (the seat on the aisle) and missed a good chunk of Act II. Hope this helps!

April Saul
#9DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/21/12 at 11:22pm

yup...my daughter went and now I'm remembering the under 30 part of this! oh well...

Rentfan931
#10DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/21/12 at 11:36pm

Has anyone done this recently? Do you still have to arrive at 8 am? Thanks for the help.

dlipp
#11DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 4/24/12 at 10:13am

I am also wondering....has anyone tried to get Rush tickets for a Wednesday matinee?? I am thinking of trying for tomorrow's matinee but I am not sure what time I should get there.

Updated On: 4/24/12 at 10:13 AM

Myglass989
#12DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/1/12 at 11:55am

Bump. Any updates? How have the weekends been?

cpelletiere
#13DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/2/12 at 7:05pm

With the whole wristband thing, I'm assuming that each person can only get one ticket then right? I wouldn't be able to get two tickets, correct?

kevin5
#14DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/3/12 at 6:18pm

how much are obstructed view tickets, are the bostructed view for anyone?

rorschach37
#15DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:02pm

Bump! How early should I get there to rush for a Wednesday matinee?

rorschach37
#16DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/10/12 at 6:07pm

Bump! Sorry guys, but I desperately need an answer.

Vagabond Anarchist
#17DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/12/12 at 12:22pm

Hi guys- would also love an update on this... has anyone rushed recently? Particularly on a weekday? Thanks so much!

Vagabond Anarchist
#18DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/14/12 at 10:49pm

Just wanted to do one more bump to see if anyone had info. Planning to try for tomorrow, and to arrive around 7:45ish...

Vagabond Anarchist
#19DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/15/12 at 9:07am

Well, if anyone else is curious, I went this morning and arrived by 7:20. Still missed getting a wristband for tickets by 3 people... Oh well, will need to try even earlier next time...

scrapedknees Profile Photo
scrapedknees
#20DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/17/12 at 10:04pm

i got there wed. at 7:15 and got the last rush ticket. since it was a two show day there were double the tickets, but the evening tickets were gone really fast. so depending on which show you want, get there really early especially because the guy giving out the wristbands makes the end of the line come closer while he describes the rules, and you will lose your place in line when he is done.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#21DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/18/12 at 1:45am

I'm going to be trying this next week at some point so if anyone else does it over the next few days please post about it.

CharlieHayes
#22DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/18/12 at 6:04pm

Early early early. I ended up getting there around 7:20 when I went about a month ago and I was one of the last to get a bracelet. I can't imagine it's any better now. I recommend getting there by 7 and don't forget to bring your ID.

Also, special shout-out to the gentleman working the rush line. He was very efficient and made a point of counting us out as soon as possible so nobody who missed the cutoff waited around too long before they realized. (I waited two hours in the cold for Once tickets only to be the first to miss out. VERY frustrating. A simple headcount could've spared me.)

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#23DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/18/12 at 6:06pm

When do they give out bracelets?

maybeitsmaria92
#24DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/18/12 at 11:29pm

I went this past Thursday, May 17th. I got there at 6:50am and wasn't even close to getting a ticket. It was only a one show day but still. The first two groups of people in line got there at 3am and 4:30am. The person in charge said that two show days (Saturdays and Wednesdays) are better but a lot of people show up to those too so you still have to get there pretty early. DO NOT forget your ID that shows that you are 30 years or younger because they do check. They gave out wristbands around 8 so it was nice to know that I wasn't getting a ticket at that point and could go rush something else.

Updated On: 5/18/12 at 11:29 PM

Videos