News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheGirlUpstairs

TheGirlUpstairs Profile Photo
Member Name: TheGirlUpstairs
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

If/Then Previews  Mar 25 2014, 02:51:42 PM
I only saw it once, but a group sitting near me was chatting about changes that they had noticed. There wasn't anything too major besides the opening number, but they've definitely been playing with the pacing of some of the scenes and changing lyrics. I only remember one specific change, and that was that they had shortened the job interview scene where Beth is hiring her new employee. It mostly seems like changes are happening on that scale at this point.
Hilarious Comments...  Jul 22 2013, 01:13:20 PM
From a woman looking at the marquee for The Best Man - "Oh look, it's Will from Grace!"
Cute little lyrics you love  Jun 23 2013, 04:29:43 PM
Ten Minutes Ago again:

I love that the prince sings "I have found her, she's angel/with the dust of the stars in her eyes" and later Cinderella sings "I have found him/he's the light of the stars in my eyes"

What should be the next Shakespeare play on Broadway?  Apr 18 2013, 07:09:39 AM
I'll never get tired of The Tempest, and it would be really great to see a production of it with a big budget and creative art direction.
the actor you have seen the most in  Apr 8 2013, 04:39:01 AM
Sutton Foster - Shrek (Seattle), Young Frankenstein (Seattle), Anything Goes
Santino Fontana - Billy Elliot, The Importance of Being Earnest, Sons of the Prophet
Bradley Dean - A Little Night Music, The Fantasticks, Evita

Is The NEXT TO NORMAL Movie Still Happening?  Dec 22 2012, 11:29:18 PM
darquegk-

It was Gabe who was born when Diana was young (although I'm not sure that she was actually 1. It doesn't seem like Natalie was born until after Gabe died, judging by the "I couldn't hold her in the hospital" line. That would put her closer to 40.

Should I See Elf or Chaplin?  Dec 16 2012, 10:20:56 AM
I very much enjoyed Chaplin. There were a lot of structural issues, but I think there's a very good musical hiding underneath all that. Rob McClure alone is worth the price of admission. I don't think I'd go back, but I'm very glad that I saw it.
The horror of standing ovations on Broadway. It's getting awful.  Dec 6 2012, 02:33:29 AM
I don't think that you have any obligation to give a standing ovation every time you see a show. But when you start talking about how you "refuse" to stand, or that standing ovations are ruining Broadway, or that people who stand are "sheep," you start to sound pretty pretentious. It's just applause, lighten up!
The 2013 GRAMMY Nominees for Best Musical Theater Album Are...  Dec 6 2012, 02:18:56 AM
Does that 50% number include Best Revival recordings?
Why didn't Mary Martin get the role of Maria over Julie Andrews for the film version of THE SOUND OF MUSIC?  Nov 20 2012, 07:15:35 AM
Because Julie Andrews.
Incestuous DROOD last night!  Nov 17 2012, 09:29:00 PM
A friend of mine saw this pairing during previews. She said that they played it as the two actors being angry with the audience for being so disgusting. Puffer and Deputy were paired when I saw it, and I could hardly breathe I was laughing so hard. I'm sure it's a very popular outcome.
Principal Understudies going on for Opening Night  Nov 10 2012, 09:37:13 PM
Oops! My bad. I could have sworn he was out for opening, but I guess not.
Who's next to get a B'Way theater named after them?  Nov 10 2012, 09:36:06 PM
Hammerstein already has a street named after him, so I think it's unlikely that he would get a theater as well.
Principal Understudies going on for Opening Night  Nov 10 2012, 11:24:24 AM
Jeremy Kushnier when on as Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar when Josh Young was sick for a couple of weeks. He did opening night and all of the critics' performances.
Twitter versus Theater?  Oct 22 2012, 05:04:01 PM
You compared us to the Taliban. You don't get to lecture us on etiquette.
Twitter versus Theater?  Oct 20 2012, 10:59:10 PM
Have you ever BEEN to the theater? I'm seriously mystified by what you're proposing.

Yes, we should do something about people who willfully disrupt live performances. Most theaters still have an announcement at the beginning asking people to turn off their phones. Even if they don't, it's common knowledge (for anyone with a brain) that turning on a bright light in the middle of a dark theater is a bad idea. There's no excuse.

People don't actually need to tweet during a per

Twitter versus Theater?  Oct 20 2012, 06:24:32 PM
The difference there is that the people who are tweeting during the debate or during a TV show are not present during a live performance in a dark theater. Tweeting requires a phone, and the light of that phone is incredibly distracting to the performers and to the other audience members. It's an absolute no-go.

Common courtesy would also require that you at least act like you're paying attention to the performers who are working their asses off AT THAT MOMENT, in the same room as you

anyone tried rush?  Oct 15 2012, 07:33:18 PM
I went during previews, so know that it might be a bit tougher now. But I got there about 40 minutes before curtain and we got two tickets for the center orchestra, maybe seven rows from the stage. They were absolutely perfect.
WICKED audience.... WTF????  Oct 15 2012, 07:23:36 PM
I have no problem with ushers confiscating phones. They should just post signs or, as kipster mentioned, have the purchase of the ticket serve as an agreement. It's not like they're taking it forever, or even for a set amount of time. If the patron wants their phone back, they have the option to leave the show early. They just have to decide which is more important to them, seeing the show or using their phone. It can't be both.
Catch Me If You Can tour highlights clip discussion  Oct 9 2012, 07:43:30 PM
He's a teenager, but a teenager who people buy as a pilot and a doctor.

I only saw the show in Seattle, and I'm glad to see that they went back to the original band platform. I like it so much better than the one they used on Broadway.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You