"...Virginia Woolf" rush

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#1"...Virginia Woolf" rush
Posted: 9/26/12 at 10:05pm

I checked broadwayforbrokepeople.com and their rush policy is listed as TBA. Anyone know what the rush policy is and how difficult it is to get tickets? Thanks!

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#2 "...Virginia Woolf" rush
Posted: 9/26/12 at 10:14pm

"and how difficult it is to get tickets?"

they start previews tomorrow..no rush policy announced yet

LuminousBeing
Posted: 9/26/12 at 10:16pm

I fasted today and am a little brain-addled. Thanks for your reply! Hopefully, they'll announce a policy soon, as I'm visiting in two weeks.

tyleramullen
Posted: 9/26/12 at 11:19pm

I stopped by the Booth this afternoon to ask if they have planned for a rush or lottery. The box office manager told me that no policy has been announced yet and that he wasn't sure if there would be one, but to check back closer to opening night. I hope that they change their minds...soon.

PlayItAgain
Posted: 9/26/12 at 11:25pm

id be highly surprised if they don't offer rush, unless the show is selling super well. Steppenwolf usually offers rush for their productions.

tyleramullen
Posted: 9/28/12 at 10:58am

Just checked the Telecharge website for the show:

Student Rush Tickets: $35.00 - Available at the Box Office only on the day of the performance - Limit 2 per valid ID - Subject to availability.

mridley2
#6anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/5/12 at 9:54am

Has anyone tried rush for WOOLF @ Booth? Looking at rush for this weekend. What experience have others had in getting rush tix?

Thanks
MR

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#7anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/5/12 at 10:13am

I haven't rushed myself yet, but when I asked at the box office, they said the tickets were $37. Just a heads-up for anyone going with cash.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

jaxel614
#8anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/5/12 at 3:31pm

Does anyone know what the view is like? I'm thinking of rushing a Tuesday night in a few weeks.

LuminousBeing
#9anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/6/12 at 9:43am

Anyone know where the TDF seats are located?

iluvtheatertrash
#10anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/6/12 at 10:08am

I got a rush ticket, row H of the orchestra, slightly partial view, $37. Picked it up last night at 5pm. But I met someone who got theirs at 7:00.

I was able to move over and see full view. Many empty seats.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

jaxel614
#11anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/15/12 at 1:17pm

How many rush tickets can one person get per ID?
If the number is 2, does the second person need to be a student to use the ticket?

Thanks.

cannison101
#12anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/15/12 at 5:02pm

Got 2 tickets around 5:30PM with no issue. Row E far left, partial view. I did miss some of what happen up stage right and was able to move to the center after the first act.

TheGirlUpstairs Profile Photo
TheGirlUpstairs
#13anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/15/12 at 7:33pm

I went during previews, so know that it might be a bit tougher now. But I got there about 40 minutes before curtain and we got two tickets for the center orchestra, maybe seven rows from the stage. They were absolutely perfect.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#14anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/15/12 at 8:37pm

How many rush tickets can one person get per ID?
If the number is 2, does the second person need to be a student to use the ticket?

You can get 2 tickets per ID. They do not ID you when you come back for the show, so in theory you could give away both tickets to non-students and they would have no idea.

If they required two students to use two student rush tickets, then they'd make the policy 1 ticket per ID.

The only related exception I can think of is Roundabout's Hiptix, a program for people between the ages of 21-30. One member can buy two tickets, but their guest does have to be between 21-30 as well. They hold your tickets until right before the performance, so they card both of you when you pick them up.

In theory. That has almost never happened to me, although a friend of mine was forced to leave his mother outside when they wouldn't let her in with him.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#15anyone tried rush?
Posted: 10/15/12 at 8:39pm

i went this past Friday and at around 4pm and got Row N on the aisle. Perfect seat.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#16Matinee Rush?
Posted: 10/15/12 at 9:00pm

Has anyone rushed a matinee since opening? I'm planning on going on Wednesday, October 24 and curious as to what time I should arrive in order to get a ticket.

Myglass989
#17Matinee Rush?
Posted: 10/16/12 at 1:52pm

Bump: how has rush been since opening? Would it be safe to try and get rush tickets a few hours before curtain?

kag8865
#18Matinee Rush?
Posted: 10/25/12 at 2:18pm

I grabbed two rush tickets today at noon with no problem. They are partial view seats and they accept credit card as well as cash.

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#19Matinee Rush?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 12:04pm

Think I'm going to rush tomorrow's evening performance?

Earlier or later for better/less-partial view of tixs?