News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ddenoff2

ddenoff2 Profile Photo
Member Name: ddenoff2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.suttonsquareentertainment.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 8 2024, 09:53:07 AM

It's called the Cameron Mackintosh curtain 

Maurice Hines has passed away  Dec 30 2023, 10:02:34 AM

May his memory be a blessing and may Hines, Hines…and Dad…dance with joy forever

Rest in peace…and in dance,

Always loved this duet from "Cotton Club"Maurice and Gregory Hines Crazy Rhythm from Cotton Club

Maurice Hines has passed  Dec 30 2023, 09:57:49 AM

May his memory be a blessing and may Hines, Hines…and Dad…dance with joy forever

Rest in peace…and in dance,

No word on cause as of yet.

Always loved this duet from "Cotton Club"Maurice and Gregory Hines Crazy Rhythm from Cotton Club

sorry for the duplicate post - just saw the earlier one  - can't find a way to delete mine.

Sorry for the dupl

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 12 2023, 05:55:05 AM

Maybe she's a Jewban. OY.

DANCIN' Previews  Mar 8 2023, 07:37:53 PM

Now available on TDF.org for this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday performances.

Who will be the next Broadway Madame Rose?  Jan 24 2023, 10:49:37 PM

all ima say now is...stay tuned !

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/25/22  Sep 28 2022, 04:28:24 PM

Audra

Stokes

Ariana DeBose

and a full orchestra of course as befits any Jule Styne score and those original orchestrations !

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/25/22  Sep 27 2022, 04:02:49 PM

Audra!!

Co-producers vs. "Co-producers"  Sep 11 2022, 03:42:17 PM

$125-250K for a play

$250-500k for a musical.  Some musicals will take $125k

and BTW the minimum investment is often $25K but sometimes $50K for the sole reason that above 39 investors the production must do Audited financials instead of Reviewed.  So keeping the number of investors lower avoids the cost of Audited statements 

Co-producers vs. "Co-producers"  Sep 10 2022, 10:31:31 PM

From a legal standpoint, a coproducer isn't even a limited partner except to the extent they have invested their own funds.  The investors are the only limited partners 

A coproducer in most cases will receive a share of profits after recoupment from the General Partner's 50% of the profits (although some shows do not offer this "vig" at all)

As for a "say", some General Partners welcome ideas and input from coproducers and some do not. &nbs

TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?  Aug 18 2022, 11:15:50 PM

It sold 81-98% at the Hayes.  Yes it needs to reach a wider audience at the Schoenfeld but I'm optimistic. 

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Jul 11 2022, 09:58:22 AM

I predict a LONG extension, and a move of The Piano Lesson to another house...as for which house...???

Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25  Jun 18 2022, 03:09:58 PM

Confirmed Lea with absolutely reliable sources.  Trying to confirm if Rosie is even a possibility to replace Jane.  Not expressing any opinion on these choices - simply sharing what I've confirmed 

Why Did Spring Awakening Perform at The Tonys?  Jun 14 2022, 05:02:14 PM

As discussed elsewhere, CBS made millions from Murder She Wrote yet this airtime wasn't used for Ms Lansbury's homage. 

The Lucky Star  May 7 2022, 03:00:30 AM

What a great cast !

The Lucky Star  Apr 28 2022, 08:09:17 AM

Please forgive the blatant pride I have as producer of this very wonderful play but we just started previews on Tuesday and we're all 'kvelling'.   Our designers are magnificent and Noah Himmelstein is a truly inspired director and he has brought Karen Hartman's play to life with this magical Broadway-worthy ensemble.

The cast of The Lucky Star is Skye Alissa Friedman (Kimberly Akimbo) as Genka,

What's next in 2022 for the Broadway Theatre  Apr 27 2022, 12:45:18 AM

Almost Famous for the Broadhurst 

What's next in 2022 for the Broadway Theatre  Apr 26 2022, 09:28:05 PM

The word has been A Beautiful Noise the Neil Diamond Musical after its Boston run this summer 

AMERICAN BUFFALO Reviews  Apr 23 2022, 01:28:14 AM

The performance was brilliant and Mr Thomas shone brightly with equally great support from his fellow cast members This is live theatre at its best. Kudos to him and all of Broadway's "WONDERSTUDIES" Yes I shall return to see Mr Fishburne but not for any feeling of missing out tonight and i believe the feeling was shared by everyone in the house tonight

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 2 2022, 09:22:05 PM

YettaTelebenda2 said: "Highland Guy said: "YettaTelebenda2 said: "the lyric: "Is a nose with deviation such a crime against the nation" does not fit Beanie's CUTE NOSE.Just sayin'"

Creepy. Just sayin'.

What's creepy? That is the word for word lyric from "If a Girl Isn't Pretty" The song is all about the way Fanny looks.

"And Beanie&

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You