pixeltracker

TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway this October

TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway this October

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway this October
Posted: 8/17/22 at 3:31pm

They have a new show logo / new social handles / just posted this video across their social platforms: https://twitter.com/Takemeoutbway/status/1559975895011676161

Assuming they are teasing another Broadway run. I enjoyed it, but do we really need this production to return...?

ETA: Strictly limited 14 week engagement at the Schoenfeld Theatre beginning October 27th. 

Updated On: 8/17/22 at 03:31 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#2TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 3:43pm

They don't have anything. This is an unverified account that joined this month, two months after that show closed. They have 2 followers. Anyone can make a Twitter account. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 3:47pm

Maybe they’re getting a commercial run? Wasn’t it Time Stands Still where they closed at MTC in March and then reopened the next October for a commercial run? 

^ while true, what person has to gain making this account? Unless its some super obsessed person of the show running it. Which I highly doubt. I just wouldn’t say it’s not real quite yet.

I mean the Instagram account is followed by Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his Spouse

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 8/17/22 at 03:47 PM

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#4TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 3:56pm

Sutton Ross said: "They don't have anything. This is an unverified account that joined this month, two months after that show closed. They have 2 followers. Anyone can make a Twitter account."

This was my first thought, as well. While I'm not completely dismissing the possibility of this happening, I certainly wouldn't go by just this Twitter account, alone.

Updated On: 8/17/22 at 03:56 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#5TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:00pm

Sutton Ross said: "They don't have anything. This is an unverified account that joined this month, two months after that show closed. They have 2 followers. Anyone can make a Twitter account."

I realize that anyone can make a Twitter account. I'm not an idiot.

Their other social feeds are followed by multiple people in the industry, who have reposted it as well.  Also followed by Justin Mikita (producer) and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. 

I wouldn't have posted if I didn't know for a fact that it was legit.

Updated On: 8/18/22 at 04:00 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#6TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:00pm

Well on Instagram, two of their followers are Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his husband/producer Justin Mikita as well as cast member Carl Lundstedt. 

Edit: ah WiCkEDrOcKS beat me right to it

Updated On: 8/17/22 at 04:00 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#7TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:05pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Sutton Ross said: "They don't have anything. This is an unverified account that joined this month, two months after that show closed. They have 2 followers. Anyone can make a Twitter account."

This was my first thought, as well. While I'm not completely dismissing the possibility of this happening, I certainly wouldn't go by just this Twitter account, alone.
"

Correct. If people want it, awesome but an unverified account not associated with anything is just weird to me. I don't know why they would do this again right after it closed, but stranger things have happened. 

SouthernCakes
#8TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:06pm

Looks to get a commercial run. Maybe the Broadhurst?

InTheBathroom1
#9TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:12pm

I’ve heard the Schoenfeld during the holidays. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#10TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:18pm

I thought this was being made into a HBO TV series with the two Jesses. Did I dream about reading that?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Hamilfan2
#11TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:22pm

SouthernCakes said: "Looks to get a commercial run. Maybe the Broadhurst?"

Doesn’t the Neil Diamond musical have the Broadhurst?

Also- this was rumored on TikTok last week.  And given the people following the account, I’d say it’s legit.  It’s a pretty elaborate prank if it’s not 😂

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#12TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:24pm

https://takemeoutbway.com

The page is empty, but it’s been registered and has a title. 

ElephantLoveMedley
#13TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:24pm

Maybe Studio 54?

OhHiii
#14TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:26pm

Always so pleasant, Sutton.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#15TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:31pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Maybe Studio 54?"

Studio 54 only houses Roundabout produced shows.  TAKE ME OUT was produced by Second Stage. 

mattmarkowski99 Profile Photo
mattmarkowski99
#16TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:33pm

https://twitter.com/jessetyler/status/1559998489756442624

Here’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson’s response to the original tweet so I think something is in the works

JSquared2
#17TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:36pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "ElephantLoveMedley said: "Maybe Studio 54?"

Studio 54 only houses Roundabout produced shows. TAKE ME OUT was produced by Second Stage.
"

Since when???

The Minutes

Latin History for Morons

Act of God

Lifespan of a Fact

The Sound Inside

Children of a Lesser God

Sweat

and those are just the recent ones.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#18TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:37pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "ElephantLoveMedley said: "Maybe Studio 54?"

Studio 54 only houses Roundabout produced shows. TAKE ME OUT was produced by Second Stage.
"

Studio 54 doesn’t only house roundabout shows. The Minutes wasn’t produced by roundabout and still played there.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#19TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:38pm

Valentina3 said: "I thought this was being made into a HBO TV series with the two Jesses. Did I dream about reading that?"

This was posted on Deadline last year.

Jesse Williams To Star In TV Adaptation Of ‘Take Me Out’ Play From Anonymous Content

https://deadline.com/2021/08/jesse-williams-tv-adaptation-of-take-me-out-play-anonymous-content-1234811625/

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#20TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:40pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-Jesse-Williams-Jesse-Tyler-Ferguson-Lead-TAKE-ME-OUT-Will-Return-To-Broadway-This-Fall-20220817

Take Me Out, this year's Tony Award Winner for Best Revival of a Play, will return to Broadway will return to Broadway this fall. The production will play a strictly limited 14 week engagement at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre beginning October 27th. Both Jesse Williams and Jesse Tyler Ferguson will return to their roles from the revival's original run.

Tickets are expected to go on sale on August 26th. Additional casting has not yet been confirmed.

Updated On: 8/17/22 at 04:40 PM

JSquared2
#21TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:46pm

Well THIS did not age well!!  LOLZZ!!

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#22TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:47pm

WiCkEDrOcKS said: "They have a new show logo / new social handles / just posted this video across their social platforms:https://twitter.com/Takemeoutbway/status/1559975895011676161

Assuming they are teasing another Broadway run. I enjoyed it, but do we really need this production to return...?
"

Happy to see you were correct about this WiCkEDrOcKS. Maybe the person who jumped down your throat will apologize.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

chrishuyen
#23TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:47pm

Well color me absolutely shocked, I had no idea this was even in the cards but I'm super excited seeing as I didn't get a chance to go last time!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#24TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:49pm

I wonder if the only reason this happened was due to the Schoenfeld becoming available for the winter?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

hollebolle
#25TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/22 at 5:01pm

This is great news, but I have to admit I'm skeptical. Obviously the Hayes is tiny, and I think a lot of its success toward the end of its run there came on the coattails of Tony nominations and ~the leak~. It'll be interesting to see how this sells.