News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rclocalz

rclocalz Profile Photo
Member Name: rclocalz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I live in Harlem, work at a professional actor studio, and also co-own a production company called Glamsmash Productions.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

West Side Story
 Feb 6 2020, 01:25:23 AM
He actually seemed to be in good spirits. I didn’t see him walking or anything so not sure how his recovery from his fall is going.
West Side Story
 Feb 6 2020, 12:50:13 AM

Stephen Sondheim was in the audience tonight. I snapped a photo behind my back: https://www.reddit.com/r/Broadway/comments/ezmg16/stephen_sondheim_was_at_west_side_story_tonight/

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews
 Nov 7 2018, 12:52:32 AM
Of course, I can agree with that. I was mainly referring to the “memory” portion of the play. Like, they didn’t set the trial in 2018 or anything like that. I think the concern is what Jeff Daniels is wearing on the cover of the playbill, but I think that image is just from a rehearsal. Daniels wears the traditional light colored suite in the play.
 Nov 6 2018, 11:21:55 PM
Definitely feels period piece to me. I did not feel it was set in modern day at all.
 Nov 3 2018, 12:50:24 AM
Meh, I read the novel and have seen the movie a few times... and still liked the show. I liked having something different. Please don’t write off my opinion because it is not the same as yours... let’s leave that stuff up to the politicians.
 Nov 2 2018, 11:03:06 PM
I knew people would disagree with me. I am not a Mockingbird purist and frankly greatly appreciated that Atticus was not this god figure held up on a pedestal. It was much more engaging for me to see a man fighting with his demons and not being so sure of the world. I can see how purists of the source material will battle with the changes made, but to me it made some damn good theater and wasn’t just a rehash of what we have already seen. But I understand how that can bother people who wanted a
 Nov 2 2018, 12:56:21 AM

I completely agree with FutureDirector, well said. The performances are remarkable. And yes, those scene transitions were a bit loud, almost felt like Scout had to yell over it at times. 

Nov 1 2018, 07:01:56 PM

Actually, now thinking about it, the second act is shorter than what I said. We started at 7:30pm, intermission was at 9pm and the curtain was at 10:25pm. So I forgot to factor in the 20 minute intermission. I guess Act 2 was more like 65 minutes.

Nov 1 2018, 06:58:25 PM

Again, I don't want to comment on specifics because they haven't had their first preview performance yet, but I think that Sher makes brilliant use of the three kids in "recalling" the story and the facts... but don't let the idea that it is a memory play fool you... the action is very present, in the moment and high stakes throughout. It is an engaging show. I am sure you will hear from folks who strongly disagree with my opinions. And the production is not perfect

Nov 1 2018, 03:31:41 PM

Hey folks, I was at the final dress rehearsal last night. I don't usually write here about my experiences at final dress rehearsals because they are still figuring stuff out, but I felt compelled to tell you all that this show is an absolute must to go see. Word is going to spread and this show will be a hard ticket. One of the best productions I have seen over the past year. Being their final dress, the show is in very very good shape. The production value is top notch... the set fills t

Wicked - 15th Anniversary
 Sep 26 2018, 01:56:39 AM

Jmuep2 said: "I don't know details but I heard this weekend that there's going to be a TV special."

There was a special segment on ABC’s 20/20 tonight about Jessica Vosk... showed lots of behind the scenes footage. Did anyone catch it?

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
 Apr 6 2018, 11:26:33 AM

I got to see Part 1 last night (can't wait for Part 2 tonight), truly thrilling experience in the theater. I sat in the third to last row of the Balcony and I have to say that the seats are not bad up there. For $20 tickets, you can see basically everything just fine. Tonight was the first night that the Front of House tried a "no snacks and candy inside the theater" policy and I must say it was a BLESSING!! Only drinks were allowed. I have heard grumbles on the message boa

MEAN GIRLS B-Roll Footage
 Apr 6 2018, 11:16:34 AM

Definitely seems like a fun, energetic show. Curious to catch it. Is the set just a big giant LED screen?

...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread
 Apr 1 2018, 09:26:30 PM

Oh man, that Gethsemane was hard to get through...

FROZEN Previews
 Mar 1 2018, 09:32:50 AM
Yeah, she definitely belts high the final note now. I liked it, gives the Act 1 a nice button to end on! That woman has a damn good voice.
Harry Potter Marquee
 Mar 1 2018, 01:41:45 AM

When lit up, I think the marquee looks pretty damn cool. I took this photo tonight when walking by:

Harry Potter Marquee

FROZEN Previews
 Mar 1 2018, 01:30:06 AM

I saw tonight's preview performance. I actually really enjoyed the show. I thought they did a great job translating the movie to the stage and even though the new songs didn't blow me away, I thought they were lovely and fit well with the show. Only part that felt weird was the nude ensemble sauna scene. Why is that in there? To give time for a costume change? I don't know much about the original staging and what has changed so I can't give any great details to this threa

A Clockwork Orange (Off Broadway)
 Sep 3 2017, 01:46:50 AM

I saw part of their dress rehearsal (my production company helped film their B-Roll) and I must say it is quite the physical production. Really clever and high energy staging. I am looking forward to what folks think here on this board. I have a feeling people are really going to love it.

Children of A Lesser God 2018 Broadway Transfer?
 Jul 21 2017, 12:02:11 AM

I got to see it in the Berkshires. Joshua Jackson is doing a phenomenal job with a meaty role along with Lauren Ridloff. I cannot believe this is her theatrical debut. They have really good chemistry together. The mainstage at Berkshire Theatre Group is pretty intimate, so I am curious to see how they change/adjust it for Broadway. I loved the intimacy we had with the characters and I hope that doesn't get lost in the transfer.

IN TRANSIT Previews
 Nov 12 2016, 10:47:49 PM

I sat in C 201 today and thought it was a perfect view. I understand what folks were saying about story, plot, music and such... but to be honest I enjoyed myself. I found it entertaining and briskly moved along. It's not Chekhov or anything, but I found the characters to be quite relatable. I think they are steadily making improvements to the sound as well. Not a smash hit, but an enjoyable time.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You