Wicked - 15th Anniversary

jae_lynn13 Profile Photo
jae_lynn13
#1Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/22/18 at 3:24pm

There are a few topics/questions I had regarding Wicked and the cast around the 15th anniversary.

First of all, I have heard wonderful things about Jessica Vosk as Elphaba, and I know she is definitely a favorite of many! I am hoping to see Wicked around (not on the day of!) its 15th anniversary, does anyone have any insight/tips and how I should go about getting good tickets?

Also, I know that Ryan McCartan has stepped in for Fiyero, and I was wondering two things. Does anyone know how long his run will be? And most importantly, does anyone have any thoughts on his performance/chemistry with Jess? If you've been lucky enough to see him, I would love to hear what you thought of his performance!

Lastly, with all the hype around the 15th anniversary, is there any way we're getting a new recording? I have heard a few rumors, but I'm not sure if there was any truth to them. If anyone has any insight, please feel free to share!

rg7759
#2Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/22/18 at 3:40pm

i dont want a new recording, but i do want a really good sweepstakes, an actual performance on the tonys (since the 10th anniversary sucked), and a full wicked concert in central park like beautiful and chicago have done (not bryant park).

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#3Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/22/18 at 3:50pm

I highly doubt that theyd make a new cast recording. They would do one only if it was a different big production like a "Wicked in concert" or something like that.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#4Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/23/18 at 9:18am

Jess is such a fantastic Elphaba and I am really glad she's finally made her way to Broadway after slaying it on tour for a year. 

I saw Ryan and Jess together on Wednesday night this past week and they were very good together and Ryan is a very good Fiyero all around. On his Instagram the other day, Ryan indicated he'd be in the show until May 14th. 

I don't think they'd do a new recording as others have mentioned it wouldn't merit it without there being some major difference to the score. I went to the 12th anniversary a few years back and there wasn't too much they did other than give a speech at curtain call about the anniversary, give out pins that said Wicked Day, and sold a t-shirt and tote bag with Wicked Day 2015 on it. I also know they did sell a sort of package option where you got a ticket and could attend a pre-show mixer thing which former cast members/other alumni attended and did a little performance. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 9/23/18 at 09:18 AM

Fosse76
#5Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/23/18 at 11:42am

jae_lynn13 said: "I am hoping to see Wicked around (not on the day of!) its 15th anniversary, does anyone have any insight/tips and how I should go about getting good tickets?

Go to Ticketmaster and buy tickets.  

"Lastly, with all the hype around the 15th anniversary, is there any way we're getting a new recording?"

There's hype? If it hadn't been mentioned here,  I wouldn't have even realized it was 15 years. There is no reason to release a new cast recording. 

smidge
#6Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/23/18 at 1:05pm

There is no hype. I went to the 10th anniversary performance thinking they would do something special and nothing much happened.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#7Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/23/18 at 1:26pm

I agree.

If it weren’t for this post, I wouldn’t have known WICKED is turning 15.  

Just another regular day to everyone.  I’m sure former alumni will acknowledge it on their social media but otherwise, it’s just another day. 

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#8Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/23/18 at 3:18pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "I agree.

If it weren’t for this post, I wouldn’t have known WICKED is turning 15.

Just another regular day to everyone. I’m sure former alumni will acknowledge it on their social media but otherwise, it’s just another day.

But isn't that true of everything? My birthday is "just another day". Your birthday is "just another day". Many things that you or I may choose not to acknowledge but are actually happening are to us "just another day".

I do agree that there is no hype, at least not any that I was aware of in regards to this particular milestone - but maybe it doesn't need it. 

It's an immensely popular show and is enchanting new generations of theatergoers, running 15 years on Broadway. That is no small feat and speaks for itself.

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#9Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/25/18 at 6:13pm

Wicked just posted this on their Instagram page. Seems to indicate that they are going to recognize the specialness of the 15th anniversary in some way. Be interesting to see if and how they commemorate the date.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoKj5TDlWPT/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1cau0zj80w09g

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#10Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/25/18 at 6:14pm

Wondering if they might release those “out of oz” covers in a special 15th anniversary release of the album. Kind of the 5th and 10th anniversary releases.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#11Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/25/18 at 7:09pm

Wicked's Instagram and Twitter pages just posted a video (https://twitter.com/WICKED_Musical/status/1044707859718647811). Seems like something big is coming? I would love for maybe an album where Wicked alum came together.

Jmuep2
#12Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/25/18 at 11:48pm

I don't know details but I heard this weekend that there's going to be a TV special.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#13Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/26/18 at 12:48am

I was thinking it had something to do with the new Barbie dolls coming out, but nothing about them says anything about the anniversary.

Glinda & Elphaba

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#14Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/26/18 at 1:56am

Jmuep2 said: "I don't know details but I heard this weekend that there's going to be a TV special."

There was a special segment on ABC’s 20/20 tonight about Jessica Vosk... showed lots of behind the scenes footage. Did anyone catch it?

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

theaterwiz414
#15Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/26/18 at 8:21am

Have they ever done a proshot or shown the musical in theaters? Maybe they'll do that? I'm really just taking an incredibly wild guess. I doubt it though. What's more likely is they might do a special 15th anniversary playbill cover like they did for the 10th? Again, I don't work on the show or anything so I have no idea. Just a guess. 

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#16Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/26/18 at 10:34am

I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t do much. They’re never really done much before, and the show is doing well enough that they don’t have to.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#18Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/27/18 at 9:17am

This is amazing!! Definitely will help build up word-of-mouth for the upcoming movie.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Fosse76
#19Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/27/18 at 10:28am

*YAWN*

They couldn't be any less original. When the show began touring, there were countless news segments, specials, and articles about the show. YouTube is littered with them. 

And now we get Ariana Grande slurring her way through Defying Gravity. Idina Menzel couldn't even sing the score back when she was in it, so no well get to hear her screech through the score. 

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#20Wicked - 15th Anniversary
Posted: 9/27/18 at 4:24pm

We are getting to the point where mothers, whose first exposure to Broadway was Wicked will be bringing their daughters to Wicked!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!