News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Frumious Bandersnatch

Frumious Bandersnatch Profile Photo
Member Name: Frumious Bandersnatch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Papa Rose?
 Oct 27 2020, 06:41:41 PM
Curious to hear that the gender swap for Louise would be “harder to justify.” The cute, blonde, charismatic daughter gets all the attention. Why wouldn’t a sullen, ignored son make sense (assuming, of course, we’re exploring the “musical fable” aspect of the piece, as opposed to strict historical interpretation)?
Showtunes that evoke nostalgia and maybe a little regret?
 Sep 15 2020, 10:53:55 AM
Literally all of “Follies.”
Do you think the ùPhantom film should have been made earlier?
 Sep 10 2020, 12:57:31 AM
My dream casting for a film Phantom always was (and probably still could be) Jim Carrey. He can handle the emotional dexterity of the role, he’s got a strong enough instrument to do the score justice, and he brings a body of physical cinematic work that could stand up to Lon Chaney.
What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show 
 Sep 2 2020, 09:20:51 PM
Seinfeld, “The Rye”
The West Wing, “Two Cathedrals”
Batman: TAS, “Feat of Clay”
The Wonder Years, “The Accident”
The Golden Girls, “The Case of the Libertine Belle”
Frasier, “Room Service”

Oklahoma subtext
 Aug 30 2020, 09:18:14 AM
Homoeroticism in a scene does not necessarily imply sexual attraction between the characters. The scene was plainly homoerotic.
Broadway Shows that End With Questions?
 Jul 28 2020, 09:35:33 PM
MISS SAIGON
“How in one night have we come so far?”

FOLLIES (Depending in which iteration)
“Whaddaya say up there?”

A few other shows don’t end directly on the question, but the closing numbers revolve around a question:
LES MIS - “Do you hear the people sing/hear the distant drums?”
TICK...TICK...BOOM! - “Cages or wings, which do you prefer?”

Favorite Christine Daae
 Jun 29 2020, 01:09:33 AM
Kelly Jeanne Grant
Rebecca Caine
Rebecca Pitcher
Megan Picerno

Aurora Spiderwoman!?!?
 Jun 25 2020, 08:13:02 PM
Huzzah! Must’ve missed it, or jumped the gun before it was updated. Thanks for the clarification!
Aurora Spiderwoman!?!?
 Jun 25 2020, 06:56:54 PM
Just visited the YouTube channel, and all of the content is gone. It was a treasure trove of historical artifacts. Which one of you pedantic queens reported it!?
EVITA City center
 Nov 12 2019, 11:49:02 PM

Was also at the invited dress tonight. Echoing the positivity, and I was NOT going in with high expectations. A few thoughts:
1. This piece is so relevant in the age of 45. If there are any “West Wing Weekly” fans on the board, there were more than a few “Trump ayayay” moments, which the audience vocally responded to on several occasions.
2. The sight of Kristen Blodgette’s ass means some damn good sounds coming from the orchestra in front of her, and t

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
 Jan 7 2019, 09:43:36 PM

Forgive me if the logistics to a similar set of circumstances have already been addressed, but I was wondering if anyone has had luck post-dating with Lincoln Center, specifically with this production. My boyfriend bought us tickets for the Wednesday 1/9 evening performance through TodayTix as an anniversary present, specifically to see Benanti’s performance. Since we went through a secondary source, I would imagine our chances of transferring through the box office or telecharge are sl

Dear
 Jun 12 2018, 12:29:54 AM
Hi, it's me, Stan.
Band's Visit not worth 9 Tonys
 Jun 11 2018, 03:31:00 PM
The very last lighting cue alone earned The Band's Visit its design Tony.
Non-Movies that Would Make Great Musicals?
 Jun 6 2018, 10:18:02 AM

Dan Baum's NINE LIVES, which chronicles a group of New Orleanian families between Hurricanes Betsy and Katrina, had, if I'm not mistaken, been acquired (and possibly even announced) for the stage a few years ago. Apart from being one of the best historical fictions I've ever read, the musical possibilities are obvious.  Unfortunately I don't think anything's come of it since.

What Are Five Broadway Songs Guaranteed to Make You Cry?
 Aug 29 2017, 02:21:18 PM

"They Were You" from The Fantasticks

"No One Is Alone" from Into the Woods

"What I Did For Love" from A Chorus Line

"It Never Was You" from Knickerbocker Holiday, both in the context of the show and, especially, as a standalone cabaret selection (see Patti LuPone or Bea Arthur's take)

"Something Wonderful" from The King and I, again, in its or

City Center Encores seating question -
 May 22 2017, 08:35:13 AM

I sat in them for "1776."  Comfortable enough, and sightlines weren't really a problem (it's the back row of City Center, so you're hovering over the proceedings).  I didn't feel like I was missing anything out of the experience!

Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway /Previews
 Feb 3 2017, 04:57:15 PM

I would question whether or not the audience is "supposed" to know it's Joe.   At least going by the film, narrator Joe refers to the body in the third person ["Poor dope, he always wanted a pool.  Well, in the end, he got himself a pool"], and it's only after he's shot within the narrative that he refers to the body in the first person.  How well the surprise is executed is up for debate, however.  At least in the film, Holden's face is

Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway /Previews
 Feb 3 2017, 04:06:04 PM

I just walked away from the box office with 2 rush seats.

Glenn Close in Sunset Blvd revival
 Oct 14 2016, 01:21:23 AM

"The New York Post has reported that Andrew Lloyd Webber's Norma Desmond bio-musical, "Sunset Boulevard," starring Glenn Close, has been confirmed for a Broadway revival at the Palace Theater this January."

BroadwayWorld is aware that Norma Desmond is a fictional character, yes?  And, even if she were real, the musical encompasses maybe 6 months of her life...

Is James Barbour really that good in PHANTOM?
 Jan 4 2016, 02:16:52 AM

To answer the goddamn question: yes.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You