News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Melissa25

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Member Name: Melissa25
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical headed to the UK and West End in 2024  Apr 17 2024, 06:28:35 PM

I love the cover of Vanessa Williams' new album Legs (Keep Dancing).  She looks amazing and the song seems like it'll get the dance floor going.

SUFFS Previews  Apr 16 2024, 11:33:35 PM

bwayphreak234: First things first, the horse now has a head!

I am so glad to hear this! I am sure that scene plays so much better now.  Thanks for your report and I’m glad you enjoyed it. I agree at this point after seeing many of the other new musicals, I tend to think Suffs will take the prize.

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 14 2024, 03:30:16 PM

I personally don’t feel the love triangle to be half-assed whatsoever.  Tamara married Tadeusz as a teenager and self sacrificed her body to get him out of prison.  They had to flee Poland for Denmark and ultimately Paris. I don’t think the musical needs to give equal time to the Tamara-Tadeusz love to legitimize her love for Rafaela or her bisexuality. Tamara and Tadeusz eventually got divorced. Of course now I am remembering all the flack that Francesca got for cheating on Bud. Right, good girls don’t do things like fall in love with other people. Good grief.

Rafaela was white. See paintings.

The Beautiful Rafaela

The Dream (Rafaela on green background), July 1927  - I love now noticing her wearing possibly the most beautiful bracelet. 

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 14 2024, 08:20:28 AM

It has been a while since I was rooting for a show so much. Yesterday I was talking with a friend about the preview reports so far and said that there has been more than a few saying that they didn’t care for the show because they leave not knowing who Tamara was. My friend, who attended the show, quickly replied I learned a lot about her and felt I knew her by the end.

So I asked, What did you learn exactly?  She stated the following:

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 14 2024, 08:11:47 AM

It has been a while since I was rooting for a show so much. Yesterday I was talking with a friend about the preview reports so far and said that there has been more than a few saying that they didn’t care for the show because they leave not knowing who Tamara was. My friend, who attended the show, quickly replied I learned a lot about her and felt I knew her by the end.

So I asked, What did you learn exactly?  She stated the following:

SUFFS Previews  Apr 13 2024, 08:04:20 AM

dramamama611: Question: was Catt's being gay  present at the public? Was it indirect or subtle and I missed it? Or am I just absolutely forgetting it? 

No I thought the same exact thing and don’t remember it at The Public either. But I could be forgetting too.

Favorite spots for Pre-Broadway Drinks/Dinner  Apr 13 2024, 07:39:15 AM

Not just limited to the theater district…I figured this article may also offer some ideas. I copied a few to try from the comments section.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/11/dining/our-reader-favorite-nyc-restaurants.html?unlocked_article_code=1.kE0.E5Xw.gGIDXQ4mhXY0&smid=url-share

Debating between Gatsby and Outsiders  Apr 12 2024, 04:30:49 PM

The codes dramamama references are good..they’ve extended the code promo period to 7/7/24.

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow  Apr 11 2024, 10:07:23 AM

Loving all the girl power on Broadway these days.  And a play for non-ingenues!!!

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 11 2024, 12:48:41 AM

I went back today and loved it again.  The projections and use of the screens are such a highlight for me.  Chavkin has provided ample memorable stage pictures especially in the Marinetti and Monocle numbers. 

SUFFS Previews  Apr 10 2024, 02:27:04 AM

Well I am just getting back and it’s late but it feels like a hit to me. I was so happy that so many improvements were made since The Public.  That jail scene nearly killed me downtown but tonight it was much shorter and flowed better. I had read and was apprehensive about the addition of GAB (Great American B*tch) but it really worked and added some levity.  The stairs are gone and I did not miss them along with all the monochromaticism from The Public.  Thank God f

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 1 2024, 11:28:21 AM

Madonna and Barbra Are Fans. Broadway, Meet Lempicka.

A new musical aims to restore the reputation, in life and art, of the ambitious yet undervalued painter Tamara de Lempicka.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/01/theater/lempicka-musical-broadway.html?unlocked_article_code=1.hE0.MiH6.EIpD-VUSUzCp&smid=url-share

HELL'S KITCHEN Previews  Mar 29 2024, 12:00:37 AM

How’s the choreography? Has much changed? Less? More?

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 26 2024, 01:57:35 AM

So many of you had me nervous but I loved it.  There are so many excellent songs, sung so well with heart and passion.  There is much to see and appreciate from a design perspective. The lighting and projections were an art show alone.  I loved the fresh costume design by Paloma Young.  I liked the (newly added) opening scene as I think it helps set the scene and gives you a little history about Tamara’s life.  All the performers were excellent.  Eden and A

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT  Mar 25 2024, 02:46:41 PM

I would have been more excited if Doyle just used the same cast from the 2022 Barrington Stage version which included Daniely, Skinner, Boggess and Peil. And to think Baldwin is super ready for Desiree.  

HELL'S KITCHEN to open at the Shubert Theatre this spring  Mar 24 2024, 07:05:08 PM

inception: Also Jimmy Fallon is so incredibly annoying. Hard to believe he's been doing this show so long now.

THIS. I can no longer watch the new Password because he has ruined it with his constant need for attention.

Paper Mill Playhouse 2024-2025 Season  Mar 24 2024, 06:56:36 PM

I am going to guess Hairspray, Beauty and the Beast, Sideways: The Musical and the Producers. 

New Musical, DEAD OUTLAW, from Penna/Yazbek/Moses  Mar 21 2024, 07:08:54 PM

Dead Outlaw has been extended to 4/14/24 and code PBDOUT works for extension.

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 19 2024, 10:38:54 PM

Kad: For a show about an iconic artist with a distinctive style, you’d think they’d have more interesting merch. 

I completely agree but most merch at shows have been slim pickings.  So I just ordered 2 T shirts and the cutest Bugatti socks from RB.

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/?query=tamara%20de%20lempicka&ref=search_box

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  Mar 18 2024, 12:29:39 PM

His younger self in the videos looks more like Emma Stone to me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You