News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Melissa25

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Member Name: Melissa25
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions  May 6 2024, 08:13:37 PM

I loved rooting for Kenneth in Primary Trust. It felt so quiet and his character stayed with me for weeks after seeing it at the Laura Pels last Spring.  I am happy for Eboni Booth and look forward to seeing it again.  I think I may make a fall foliage trip and catch it at Barrington Stage where it is playing  9/18 - 10/13/24. Casting TBA.

Eboni Booth on Winning the Drama Pulitzer for ‘Primary Trust’

Gun & Powder at Paper Mill  May 5 2024, 11:20:14 AM

Beowulf Boritt’s scenic design was very impressive. Just love his work.

If this show moves, I hope it keeps its stage curtain which I also loved.  See the first pic in this review. https://letsgotothetheater.com/gun-powder-is-an-outstanding-musical/.  That is the image that should have been on the T-Shirt.

Personal Non-Eligable  May 4 2024, 08:22:55 PM

BEST MUSICAL: Dead Outlaw

BEST REVIVAL OF A MUSICAL: Light on the Piazza (Encores!)

BEST PLAY: Small

LEAD ACTOR IN A PLAY: Robert Montano (Small)

LEAD ACTOR IN A MUSICAL: Andrew Durand (Dead Outlaw)

LEAD ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL: Rachel Bay Jones (Here We Are)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A Musical: Anna Zevelson (Light on the Piazza)

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MUSICAL: Thom Sesma (Dead Outlaw), David Hyde Pierce (Here We Are)

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 04:09:43 PM

See it.

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 03:38:48 PM

I'll raise you: 10 Lempicka's over a Water For Elephants any day!

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 02:21:24 PM

Lempicka is absolutely my favorite show this season.  I am very happy that Eden and Amber earned nominations. I was also especially pleased that Riccardo Hernández and Peter Nigrini earned nominations for scenic design which I thought was unique and outstanding.  I mourn that the score did not get nominated. I am patiently waiting for the cast recording which will be in heavy rotation. I have tickets to return one final time.  I hope I am still kicking when thi

MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE Ballet, with music by Sting, to launch North American Tour in 2024  May 2 2024, 06:47:42 AM

I have tix for next week. Sting/Police fan here so I’m looking forward to it.

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 05:35:40 PM

Oh for crying out loud, I'll say it. EDEN!

STILL Off Broadway  Apr 29 2024, 04:31:14 PM

I’m so glad I read the NYT review AFTER I saw the play. There are MAJOR spoilers in that review. 

Daly and Atkinson clearly have a likable chemistry together. I liked the comedy and discussion points about aging more than the politics.  I also felt it was too short and did not give us enough time to really get to know them. 

Tony Award nominee L. Morgan Lee to star in A COMPLICATED WOMAN at Goodspeed  Apr 28 2024, 11:12:36 AM

I am super excited to add this show to my trip to see Gatsby at A.R.T.  Very excited to see this. Klea was so good as Dolly at Goodspeed so I’m sure she’ll be great. There are $20 seats in row O. 

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season  Apr 26 2024, 06:58:07 PM

Woman Is and Stay.

Off Broadway: The Stars Are Bright - Dead Outlaw

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Apr 26 2024, 01:06:43 AM

helso1: I'm visiting NY next week for 5 days, planning on seeing the following. Does anyone know if there are any discounts for any of them? Thanks!

The Outsiders - 

The Great Gatsby

The Notebook - I'm visiting NY next week for 5 days, planning on seeing the following. Does anyone know if there are any discounts for any of them? Thanks!

The Outsiders - 

• PONYSOCIAL

The Notebook -

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 07:15:42 PM

ColorTheHours048: why does the overture sound like we’re about to watch Riverdance on molly?

I just loved the clicking at the opening with the purple lights that move from left to right as if we are about to get launched into new dimension. I found that opening so exciting especially on my second viewing.  It felt like the start of an old MTV music video.  Anyway, I love your description. When I head back for my third viewing in May, I'll be smili

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical headed to the UK and West End in 2024  Apr 17 2024, 06:28:35 PM

I love the cover of Vanessa Williams' new album Legs (Keep Dancing).  She looks amazing and the song seems like it'll get the dance floor going.

SUFFS Previews  Apr 16 2024, 11:33:35 PM

bwayphreak234: First things first, the horse now has a head!

I am so glad to hear this! I am sure that scene plays so much better now.  Thanks for your report and I’m glad you enjoyed it. I agree at this point after seeing many of the other new musicals, I tend to think Suffs will take the prize.

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 14 2024, 03:30:16 PM

I personally don’t feel the love triangle to be half-assed whatsoever.  Tamara married Tadeusz as a teenager and self sacrificed her body to get him out of prison.  They had to flee Poland for Denmark and ultimately Paris. I don’t think the musical needs to give equal time to the Tamara-Tadeusz love to legitimize her love for Rafaela or her bisexuality. Tamara and Tadeusz eventually got divorced. Of course now I am remembering all the flack that Francesca got for cheating on Bud. Right, good girls don’t do things like fall in love with other people. Good grief.

Rafaela was white. See paintings.

The Beautiful Rafaela

The Dream (Rafaela on green background), July 1927  - I love now noticing her wearing possibly the most beautiful bracelet. 

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 14 2024, 08:20:28 AM

It has been a while since I was rooting for a show so much. Yesterday I was talking with a friend about the preview reports so far and said that there has been more than a few saying that they didn’t care for the show because they leave not knowing who Tamara was. My friend, who attended the show, quickly replied I learned a lot about her and felt I knew her by the end.

So I asked, What did you learn exactly?  She stated the following:

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 14 2024, 08:11:47 AM

It has been a while since I was rooting for a show so much. Yesterday I was talking with a friend about the preview reports so far and said that there has been more than a few saying that they didn’t care for the show because they leave not knowing who Tamara was. My friend, who attended the show, quickly replied I learned a lot about her and felt I knew her by the end.

So I asked, What did you learn exactly?  She stated the following:

SUFFS Previews  Apr 13 2024, 08:04:20 AM

dramamama611: Question: was Catt's being gay  present at the public? Was it indirect or subtle and I missed it? Or am I just absolutely forgetting it? 

No I thought the same exact thing and don’t remember it at The Public either. But I could be forgetting too.

Favorite spots for Pre-Broadway Drinks/Dinner  Apr 13 2024, 07:39:15 AM

Not just limited to the theater district…I figured this article may also offer some ideas. I copied a few to try from the comments section.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/11/dining/our-reader-favorite-nyc-restaurants.html?unlocked_article_code=1.kE0.E5Xw.gGIDXQ4mhXY0&smid=url-share

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You