News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Melissa25

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Member Name: Melissa25
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 26 2024, 08:25:29 PM
zzzzzz
ILLINOISE Reviews
 Jul 18 2024, 11:16:08 PM
I went to the matinee yesterday. Alejandro Vargas was on as Henry, Zach Gonder was on as Carl and Yesenia Ayala was on as Shelby.
Pre-Existing Condition by Marin Ireland
 Jul 18 2024, 09:10:49 PM

I saw it with Tatiana as well and thought she was excellent.  I also loved Sarah Steele. I went with a friend and we chatted for a few hours after this one. There is a lot to dissect.  I love Edie and think that she will be very interesting but it is heavy and will not be going back again.

Nontypical show times
 Jul 16 2024, 03:52:49 PM

Left on Tenth - starting on Oct 27th they move to 4 matinees per week on Sun, Wed, Thurs and Sat.

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH
 Jul 16 2024, 03:39:37 PM

Here’s the presale access LTFP615 code for Left on Tenth.

BroadwayWorld Announces Summer Madness Bracket - Best Musical: Losers Edition
 Jul 15 2024, 04:05:16 PM

My first dose of cyanide did not work when Aladdin beat Follies in the previous round.  I will have to take a double dose now because Aladdin is beating my favorite musical of all time Chicago 75 vs 25. WTF?

Nontypical show times
 Jul 13 2024, 06:23:54 PM

I hope we see more adjustments to diversify show schedules.  For Fall I have noticed the following so far. Add any that I have missed.

Oh, Mary! - Thursday & Saturday 5pm show

Job - Thursday 5pm & 8:30pm shows

Gatsby - Thursday 2pm matinee

The Outsiders - starting in September -4 matinees per week - Sun, Wed, Thurs and Sat.

When is Michelle Dockery coming to Broadway?
 Jul 12 2024, 11:03:39 PM

Michelle Dockery is most famous for her portrayal of Lady Mary on Downton Abbey.  I also loved her as con artist Letty Raines on the very fun show Good Behavior.

When is Michelle Dockery coming to Broadway?
 Jul 10 2024, 04:07:36 PM

My money is ripe for the taking. Take more if it's a musical. Please.

The Official TDF Thread
 Jul 8 2024, 08:34:37 AM

Forbidden Broadway - Merrily We Stole a Song Is up for 8/31-9/15 for $15 surprise

BroadwayWorld Announces Summer Madness Bracket - Best Musical: Losers Edition
 Jul 4 2024, 11:05:09 AM

fashionguru_23: I cannot live in a world where Beetlejuice is voted a better musical than Gypsy!

Pass me the cyanide, Aladdin is beating Follies.

HELLO, I'M DOLLY bio-musical headed for the stage!
 Jul 3 2024, 07:10:45 PM

I just asked my bestie: Guess who’s going to direct “Hello, I’m Dolly?”

Response: That twirling chair guy.

I am still hysterical.  Can you all imagine a Jamie Lloyd Dolly musical?  I needed a good laugh today.

Theater Quiz for June 2024: Politics, Prizes and Pride
 Jul 1 2024, 06:54:09 PM

100/110

Berkshire Theater Group’s Young Frankenstein
 Jun 28 2024, 03:51:43 PM

Playbill states:

“YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (WEST END VERSION)”
 Jun 28 2024, 10:19:54 AM

Yes, it goes to the Bay Street Theater (Sag Harbor) in August and the Geva Theatre Center (Rochester) in Sept-Oct.

Jun 28 2024, 09:10:09 AM

I am literally beaming after having so many laughs and smiles attending the first preview of Young Frankenstein in Pittsfield, Ma. last night.  What a polished production. Jerry McIntyre’s direction was detailed with an eye on superb comedic timing, fun dance sequences and excellent staging.  

All of the performances were excellent.  I absolutely loved Veanne Cox as Frau Blucher who killed He Vas My Boyfriend. She had a mishap when one of her ca

A Tender Thing at St. Germain Theater/Barrington Stage Co.
 Jun 26 2024, 02:00:09 AM

I attended the first preview of Barrington Stage’s A Tender Thing at the St. Germain theater tonight.  Ben Power (The Lehman Trilogy) uses exact text from Romeo And Juliet and moves things around to now tell a story of a Romeo & Juliet who have spent their life together and are now in their golden years.  It was lovely to hear Shakespeare again and I found it quite moving.  Derek Smith is astonishingly good at reciting poetry and was ve

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 23 2024, 09:19:52 AM

OMG. Kate is brilliant. Cook and Sondheim would be proud. I couldn’t get a Carnegie Hall Follies ticket but very happy I have a ticket to hear her in Connecticut on 6/30.  I hope she does Losing My Mind.  I’m also delightfully looking forward to her renditions of It’s Not About Me and The Lady’s Improving as part of The Prom at the Sharon Playhouse next month. Should be a hoot.

Sandra Oh, Paige Gilbert, Ann Harada & more to star in NA premiere of Lucy Kirkwood's THE WELKIN
 Jun 23 2024, 07:23:08 AM

This was such a dark roller coaster ride that I really enjoyed. Great cast and direction. Lots of memorable stage pictures.  Have been thinking about it a lot since Wednesday.  Very grateful for The Atlantic.

Next Musical Creator that should have a Revue show
 Jun 23 2024, 06:56:16 AM

Double yes for Tesori please.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You