News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chasef2008

chasef2008 Profile Photo
Member Name: chasef2008
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Community Theatre tips!
 Nov 17 2006, 08:30:17 PM
I couldn't agree more. I work as a paid student actor for a local regional theatre, and they have several ppl that come in that have no acting or singing experience what so ever. Most of the time they won't get lead roles but any role is a good role. Like Junior said "it IS a community theatre production". I would'nt worry about it. Audition and have fun with it. If you make it then congrats but if not then there's always the next show.

-Chase

re: Auditioning for Broadway - 'Strong Singers Required'
 Feb 24 2006, 11:04:55 AM
ok i have a prime example of this...this summer our regional theater did a production of cats. They're were two men that auditioned for Old Deutoronomy. Of course the role called for a "large man with a large voice". Well one of the men that auditioned was so tiny, he was like a 60 year old man that was about 90 lbs. The funny part was that his voice was so quiet a simple note played on a piano could drown him out. Then of course the other man was about 250 lbs. and could sing over the ent
you know you're an actor when....
 Feb 24 2006, 11:00:15 AM
when your teacher tells you to go to the right side of the classroom and you automatically, by instinct, go to your right...stage directions! LOL!! (Then of course you look like an idiot because everyone else is on the correct side of the room, and you're not...)
re: B-Way advice for a Beginner
 Feb 17 2006, 08:09:29 AM
Thanx so much. I'll definately keep all of this in mind. I'm thinking about taking some summer acting classes... :)
re: i'm new to the board! :)
 Feb 15 2006, 05:19:22 PM
Thanx...but see you have an advantage over me...you actually know some ppl in Broadway. I know one person and we weren't really close...I had met him like 3 times, lol. He just recently moved to New York. If you don't mind me asking, what theater do you perform with? Do you have a contract or do you just do theater in your spare time?
re: i'm new to the board! :)
 Feb 15 2006, 05:09:14 PM
lol..thanx! So are the ppl on this board ppl that have been in Broadway shows or are they just huge fans!? lol...just curious.
re: I'm new to the board! :)
 Feb 15 2006, 03:15:16 PM
Ok...sorry I haven't been on the boards lately. I just now found this post...when I posted it, it apparently got moved and I couldn't find it lol! I am also in production for "Oklahoma!" at the Cumberland County Playhouse (it ranks in the top 10 for Major Non-Profit Theaters in the country)so I have been really REALLY busy. I hope nobody is too mad.....I have been looking for a Talent Agency in NY, hoping that I can "weasel" my way into Broadway. Of course I prob. won't get at part at 16 yea
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You