News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for luckyleo81

Member Name: luckyleo81
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Standing Room (whats going on?)  Sep 23 2015, 11:56:48 PM

When I won standing room tickets from the lottery they gave out 6 tickets, with 3 tickets being behind orchestra right and 3 being being orchestra left.  The people standing behind middle orchestra were definitely not from the lottery.  I didn't get the feeling they were part of the creative team, but there for a night out (based on their dress, drinking beer out of a Hamilton cup, reactions to the show, etc. I could totally be wrong) so I just assumed that maybe

Hamilton standing room  Sep 23 2015, 07:35:41 PM

I agree with the previous posters that your chance of winning standing room is as likely as winning the lottery on any given day.  The day I won 3 people turned down standing room tickets which allowed me to win the second to last ticket.  The person after me came in a pair and the house manager (at least I think that's who he was) was overseeing the lottery and actually allowed the guy's friend to buy a standing room ticket too, which I thought was very nice. The view

Wolf Hall rush  Mar 27 2015, 10:56:54 AM
Does anyone know how rush for the marathon works?
Hamilton Cancellation Line  Mar 15 2015, 12:48:14 PM
They say to be in the lobby a half hour before the show starts, but for both the matinee and the evening show they didn't tell us anything until about 5 minutes before the show was supposed to start.
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Mar 9 2015, 02:27:48 PM
Seahag2, did you do anything special for the signed Hamilton playbill? Donation or send in your own playbill?
The Audience Student Rush  Mar 9 2015, 12:19:25 AM
I rushed two Sundays ago. Got to the theater around 1/2 hour before the box office opened and was 3rd in line. They said they had plenty of tickets to go around when the box office opened and the line was about 6 people deep. I can't say for certain, but it seems all/most student rush tickets are partial view. I got a partial view box seat on the right side of the stage. When I first sat down I was a little afraid I wasn't going to see Helen Mirren much, but it turned out fine. I just didn'
Hamilton Cancellation Line  Mar 8 2015, 03:59:51 PM
Full price, $122 ($120 for ticket plus $2 service charge). The 4th person in line didn't even put her name on the waiting list after waiting for 2 hours because she thought the tickets would be half priced from prior experiences with cancellation lines at the Public. They are definitely not.

I do feel a little better about spending all that money now though being that a comparable seat for the Broadway run is going for around $300.

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Mar 8 2015, 12:39:26 AM
I did the cancellation line today after getting tired of the lottery. I got there at 10:30 and was 3rd in line. The first person said she got there at 9:30 and the doors were already open, so if you've got a few hours to waste and a book to read it's not too bad. I would say the line didn't really pick up until around noon though, like the other posters said. The lady handing out the lottery tickets told us people in the front of the line that they always have cancellations, so we should be
To be or not to be...I have a question  Jan 28 2013, 10:57:43 PM
Agreed, that scenario could make sense in the play depending on the reader's or production's concept of Hamlet as a character. I've always resisted this argument though because it makes me kinda sad to think that the most famous lines of the English language were written to be cunning and not profound.

To be or not to be...I have a question  Jan 28 2013, 10:22:45 PM
I think that actor's interpretation of the soliloquy can be refuted by the line "When he himself might his quietus make with a bare bodkin" Certainly the clearest and truest reading of the line is someone turning a sharp object against himself. Why would Shakespeare have Hamlet say this if Hamlet isn't thinking about suicide? And also, I think when Jungle Red makes the point that Hamlet wouldn't think of suicide because he has too much at stake...well...can't you read that as the main point o
Roman Polanski to Direct VENUS IN FUR Film!  Sep 20 2012, 01:08:39 PM
Well I guess it will be interesting to at least see what they do with Wanda being that Seigner is practically 2 decades older than Arianda.
ACCESS 10 available for Drood, too  Aug 5 2012, 11:17:27 AM
Didn't know that! Thanks just bought 2!
Cyrano $10 ACCESS tickets  Aug 5 2012, 10:59:12 AM
Just wanted to say that the $10 tickets to Roundabout's Cyrano are online now
$10 Tix Available NOW For IF THERE IS... (Jake Gyllenhaal's Play)  Jul 23 2012, 11:01:00 AM
Someone who works for Roundabout told me Cyrano's ACCESS10 tickets would be available the morning of August 5th. I was told it would be around 10 when the box office opens but the IF THERE IS.. tickets went live sometime between 7:30-9:30 (first time I checked this morning and when I bought my tickets). On the Roundabout website they have a little box that says "Need Help. I'm Online. Start chat." They are very quick and good about giving updates on when tickets will be available.
Slowgirl at LCT3  Jul 10 2012, 03:37:02 PM
Does anyone know if the rest of the shows are sold out? When I try to buy tickets online it tells me there are none available.
TKTS Question  Jun 26 2012, 08:56:48 PM
If I was to have a guess right now I would say definitely not for BoM and probably not for Once. Producers only send tickets to the TKTS booth if they feel they can't sell them at full price and neither show has a problem selling out between pre-sales and cancellation lines. The only things I think that could change this in a month is if (a) people stop going to BoM now that the cast has changed and (b) Once's Tonys buzz dies down.
Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread  Jun 25 2012, 04:32:05 PM
This is probably a naive question, but the only day I can go see As You Like It is on June 30th, the last day. I don't live in the city so I wouldn't be able to get to the park till around 8:00 a.m., and that's with taking a 6 o'clock train. Is it worth it to try and stand in line or will the line most likely be too long by 8?
Clybourne Park: Review and Rant  Jun 24 2012, 11:50:45 PM
Also, what was the point of having a deaf character in act 1? It almost seemed like while writing act 2 they realized they needed another female character but had nothing for her to do in act 1 so they just said "let's make her deaf so we can milk some laughs out of her disability (for lack of a better word) but put a wall between her and the other characters so she doesn't interfere!" I kept waiting for the deafness to be addressed in the second act but it was just used as a mark to connect t
Clybourne Park: Review and Rant  Jun 24 2012, 08:34:11 PM
I actually just saw the play last night and am happy that I'm not the only person who didn't understand all the accolades. Kirk's performance made me feel like I was watching a two hour SNL sketch starring Kristen Wiig. The first 15 minutes of the play about Neapolitans and capitals seemed to have nothing to do with the actual plot but just some nice points that can be thrown throughout the remainder of the play. (I mean, I guess it could be looked at as a discussion of how these people are wo
Patti LuPone Sick  Jun 22 2012, 04:03:14 PM
That stinks! Had tickets for tomorrow at 8. Still haven't gotten my cancellation e-mail yet. Thanks for the head up.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You