pixeltracker

Patti LuPone Was Sick - and still is :-(

Patti LuPone Was Sick - and still is :-(

Rainbowhigh23
#1Patti LuPone Was Sick - and still is :-(
Posted: 6/21/12 at 4:02pm

When Patti was performing on Tuesday night she began to cough and had to restart one of her songs; she said she had a cold. Now last night and possibly tonight's performances are cancelled.

http://www.54below.com/T_pattilupone2.html

Updated On: 6/22/12 at 04:02 PM

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#2Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 4:03pm

Quick someone call Glen Close.

.......Sorry I had to....

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Musicaldudepeter
#2Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 4:25pm

Glenn Close.

Sorry, I had to.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#3Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 4:30pm

Patti LuPone Sick

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Rainbowhigh23
#4Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 4:41pm

Dat's cold.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#5Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 4:52pm

How do goddesses get sick?

Rainbowhigh23
#6Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 4:55pm

I've often wondered about that!

Well, 54 Below hasn't announced any cancellation for tonight so I guess she has magically bounced back! I was wondering why there were no reports of her encore from last night.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#7Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 5:11pm

Seeing it tomorrow at 8. Hope it was just a 24-hour bug.

Rainbowhigh23
#8Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 5:18pm

I really want to go again. I sat so close on Tuesday it was surreal. She got a standing ovation when she walked in to the room to which she cried a little, then signaled for us to sit down quick. We obliged very obediently!

Updated On: 6/21/12 at 05:18 PM

JamesBroadwayWiner Profile Photo
JamesBroadwayWiner
#9Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 6:46pm

I saw her perform with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra last May, and she was a bit sick. But, she was obviously still amazing!

"Brevity is the soul of wit"--Hamlet

Rainbowhigh23
#10Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/21/12 at 11:47pm

I just heard the Meryl Streep is seeing Patti tonight.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#11Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 12:14am

Wonder how that accent joke landed...

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

callitquits
#12Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 1:31am

I was there tonight! UNBELIEVABLE. I would NEVER have known she was under the weather at all if I hadn't been biting my nails refreshing this thread all day, praying for the show to go on.

Meryl was indeed there - I'm not sure how the accent joke USUALLY goes, but after By the Sea, Patti said something along the lines of, "I do accents! I'm just like Meryl. Weeee Juilliard and Yale-trained actresses MAAAAAAJORED in accents." It was very sweet and a fun acknowledgement of Meryl's presence without derailing the show. Patti also stated at one point later that it was close to Meryl's birthday, and so she had the crowd sing Happy Birthday to Meryl, then said "I can't think of a better group of people to sing happy birthday to you than a bunch of drunks at a bar."

Twitter encore was Everything's Coming Up Roses, which absolutely KILLED, then Invisible, then September Song. The ovation was so rapturous after the whole set that she came back for ANOTHER encore - I don't know if this always happens, but the shock/flusterednesss on her face definitely felt real! She did a gorgeous rendition of "The Song Is Ended (But the Melody Lingers On)" - completely a cappella, and towards the end, she put the microphone on the stand, walked away from it to the very front of the stage, and sang the last verse without any amplification whatsoever. Glorious.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#13Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 1:34am

That's how the accent joke usually goes, callitquits, which is why I was wondering how it would land. Sounds like a great show, though! (And I'm jealous you got a fourth encore)

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Rainbowhigh23
#14Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 10:21am

That you CallItQuits. You never know what will happen each night with Patti! I hope she extends her engagement again

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#15Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 11:05am

sang the last verse without any amplification whatsoever

Like a boss!

egnarotsew Profile Photo
egnarotsew
#16Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 11:16am

Glad to hear that she is feeling better, seeing the 11 show tonight!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#17Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 2:29pm

Uh-oh...

egnarotsew Profile Photo
egnarotsew
#18Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 3:25pm

What a bummer that they are cancelled!

Rainbowhigh23
#19Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 3:43pm

Hold up! Is she not playing tonight?

egnarotsew Profile Photo
egnarotsew
#20Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 3:50pm

No, the rest of the shows are cancelled.

Rainbowhigh23
#21Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 3:51pm

Wow! I was following 54 Below on Twitter and Facebook and no announcement yet. That's so sad. Thank you for the heads up.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#22Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 3:52pm

Hmmmph! She was well enough to sing for Meryl Streep's birthday last night, but for me?

For ME?

FOR MEEEEEEEEEE!

Not so much.

Feel better, doll.

egnarotsew Profile Photo
egnarotsew
#23Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 3:53pm

Yeah nothing on twitter but I got emails from 54 Below and ticket web.

Rainbowhigh23
#24Patti LuPone Sick
Posted: 6/22/12 at 3:56pm

Poor dawl. Poor dawls, those who were looking forward to seeing her this weekend, including myself for an 11PM Saturday night closing night.

Thanks again, PalJoey and egnarotzew

Videos