News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Comden Green

Comden Green Profile Photo
Member Name: Comden Green
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)  May 1 2022, 11:02:12 PM
I attended the first performance last night. Here are a few -“jumping around” thoughts. Beforehand, Sarah Silverman reminded us that the first performance is essentially a dress rehearsal with an audience. I took this to mean that things might not quite be ready or smooth. Only very minimal glitches were noticed.
After the first act I was not certain this show would have an audience. But by the end of the second act I was in love with the show. It’s heart showed through perfectly- and g

January Hadestown  Dec 24 2019, 07:13:48 AM

I’m headed to the city Jan 14- 18 Anyone here have insider knowledge of the schedule of the principles in the cast. I wonder if any are taking vacation days in January. I’d love to see them all. (Although I’m afraid I may be watching the very tall, very hairy chorus boy/man whenever he’s on stage) Thanks ever so.

Hey broadway.. Salvation Army anti gay reminder thread...  Nov 29 2018, 09:35:30 AM

jayinchelsea said: "I realize that not every BW poster is a gay man, but for those of you who care, SA always has been homophobic and probably always will be. So many other worthy charities to contribute to, why waste our hard-earned money on people who hate us, either secretly or out in the open?"

Exactly.  

Has Elaine May usually performed 8 times each week?  Nov 29 2018, 09:24:34 AM
Thanks so much carolinaguy and larryd2. I really appreciate the information and your logical conclusions. Very much appreciated.
Has Elaine May usually performed 8 times each week?  Nov 29 2018, 07:09:53 AM

I will be in nyc in January and don’t want to see the show without her. I’ll be there midweek (T,W,Th). Strategizing rarely works for me but I feel the need to try. By the show description it sounds like a rather “draining” show for an actor. Is she “always” in or mostly? Does she miss a lot? Who, actually, is her replacement?

Ethan slater -on or off?  Jun 3 2018, 02:21:31 AM
Well I decided to go tonight - Saturday, thinking that if he was going to be in it would be then.
Nope. He was out. Oh well. Enjoyed the show anyway.

Ethan slater -on or off?  Jun 2 2018, 07:28:16 AM

There are four performances of spongebob this weekend. I have heard Ethan slater was very ill a couple of days ago. I have heard he takes off sundays. Does anybody have inside information. Is he well now? Should we expect him in any performances sat or Sunday?

Spongebob- enjoyable for adult not bringing kids?  May 7 2018, 01:32:35 PM

Impossible2 said: "BeadleDeedle said: "Comden Green said:

And yet, how is one to know that it is more than a kids show?"

Read the reviews?Do a minimalamount ofresearch on its creation/creative team?
"

That is what he was doing by starting the thread and asking people's opinionsand now he's getting attacked for it.
"

thanks impossible2.  My feeling exactly.  

<

Spongebob- enjoyable for adult not bringing kids?  May 7 2018, 12:10:38 PM

LizzieCurry said: "By not automatically meeting it with a dismissive attitude?"

Wow.  Attitude much?   Your response doesn’t answer the question.    I think adults can be forgiven for concluding that this is a kids show.   A kids show that is evidently entertaining for adults as well.  

Spongebob- enjoyable for adult not bringing kids?  May 7 2018, 06:46:13 AM

chewy5000 said: "It really frustrates me that so many people have written this off as merely a kids show"

And yet, how is one to know that it is more than a kids show?

Spongebob- enjoyable for adult not bringing kids?  May 6 2018, 12:35:54 PM
Wow. You guys know how to sell a show. I’m headed to nyc with 10 other gay guys. Sounds like a fun time to me.
And re comparison to carousel. Reminds me of my last trip. I’m trying to be a little more “highbrow” and get something more from my Theatre experiences. I had seen two heavy plays. Yes, important but heavy. Including a 4 hour show. It was great but I was exhausted. And actually decided to change course for the trip and not see anything else for the last two days. I

Spongebob- enjoyable for adult not bringing kids?  May 6 2018, 08:04:42 AM
Thanks guys. I just read the nyt review. He does a good job of speaking to who might enjoy it. Even though if don’t fit the demographics (and neither did he) I think I’ll give it a go.
Spongebob- enjoyable for adult not bringing kids?  May 6 2018, 07:38:44 AM

I’m enjoying the music I am thinking of seeing the show. There are some pretty good discounts and seat selection. The show seems fun but to what degree is this a kids show? Is there enough here for an adult to enjoy without kids.

Angels Taking the Simon for 18 Weeks!  Sep 8 2017, 09:54:32 AM

Bobby steggart?

Angels Taking the Simon for 18 Weeks!  Sep 7 2017, 01:53:07 PM

Well this source says "no word yet on whether tovey is in.  So I'm still hoping.  

Me?  I did see the fathom events broadcast.  Not sure I'll go see it in NYC unless he's in it.  

(Have you guys seen him in "him and her?"  He's so funny as a whiny straight guy. )

Nathan Lane and Andrew Garfield’s Angels in America is coming to Broadway - Entertainment Weekly
https://apple.news/Am9HEpj0dQ5mUihQGxeLRIw

Best Tap Numbers?  Aug 31 2017, 06:54:29 AM

dereketter said: "TWO from white Christmas although although one is fromstage and the other is on screen. "I Love A Piano" is my favorite. I was in this show and I still remember the choreography. The other is "Choreography" from the movie. Seeing Vera Ellen dance is magnificent. Also, 1+1=3 from Side Show (revival version) is a hilarious and amazing song."

So envious.   You can dance and you work on bway.  Congratulations.

thoughts about groundhog day  Jul 6 2017, 09:11:16 AM

Well said, malka2

thoughts about groundhog day  Jul 6 2017, 09:10:22 AM

blm2323 said: "

I've seen all the shows that opened this past season (except CFA) and Groundhog Day is the one I would recommend to most of my friends. It's funny, incredibly creative, and a great character transformation from beginning to the end. 

Agreed.  

"

thoughts about groundhog day  Jul 5 2017, 11:54:42 PM

ARTc3 said: "I absolutely loved Groundhog Day. I thought the stagecraft brilliant, the leads endearing and the overall experience moving. Didn't love the score.

"Give the music another listen.  It's brilliant and even melodic.   Of all the shows I saw this year it is ghd that I play repeatedly.  

thoughts about groundhog day  Jun 12 2017, 12:19:01 AM

I absolutely love GHD, have seen it 4 times, and I think the first 25 mins is supposed to irk you in a way! You're witnessing what Phil is witnessing, the same redundant annoying alarm clock and marching band. Although I love the show and happily listen to the cast recording almost daily, there is still something innate about wanting the redundancy to stop. You're feeling how Phil is feeling! And that is part of what makes it great.&

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You