News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Younger Brother

Younger Brother Profile Photo
Member Name: Younger Brother
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Muriel's Wedding the Musical - Sydney Theatre Company  Nov 4 2017, 08:08:21 AM

A few previews of the music. The more I listen to them, the more I like them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzU0Ggllu6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHT8X4mUm4

Mean Girls @ The National in DC - Reactions  Nov 1 2017, 02:44:45 PM

"Also btw the way Regina gets hit by the bus made me scream with laughter!"

I was curious about this. Can someone explain that or DM me?

August Osage County - spoiler question  Jul 1 2017, 02:47:21 PM

Hey everyone! I have quite a silly question regarding the ending of August Osage County. I've read the play and watched the film adaptation am am just unsure I understand part of the plot. At the end when Violet talks about the safety deposit box - why was it so important she get into it? I understand people use them for precious things but why was it necessary she got into it while Beverly was at the motel? My understanding, which I don't think is correct, is she got her things from

The Beauty Queen Of Leenane returns!  Jan 23 2017, 10:12:13 PM

What kept Maureen back? To my knowledge, this is never explored.

Maureen ended up back home in Galway after having a nervous breakdown while working as a cleaner in London and being bullied mercilessly by the other women. She ended up in some form of care (Difford Hall, if I recall correctly) but was signed out by her mother. What I really liked about Aisling O Sullivans portrayal in the current tour was Maureen came across very juvenile to me - more so than

What if? Stars who didn't get the part  Jan 17 2017, 04:28:23 PM

Ok she didnt not get the part but Lily Tomlin was offered ,and I believe accepted replacing as Violet in August Osage County but had to drop out. 

Question on Books of musicals  Nov 1 2016, 08:41:22 PM

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Harvey Fierstein wrote La Cage Aux Folles in the way the OP describes. He'd write a scene a week then meet with the rest of the team and they'd musicalize it.

The Beauty Queen Of Leenane returns!  Oct 22 2016, 01:48:54 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: 
P.S. Thanks for the report, Younger Brother!

My pleasure! I believe it's a sort of replica of the original production with the same design and direction. Glad to hear so many people enjoy the play

"

The Beauty Queen Of Leenane returns!  Oct 21 2016, 07:58:52 PM

I saw it tonight in Dublin - the same cast travelling overseas or so I believe.

I had read the play and loved it and have been a fan of McDonagh's other plays but never saw one performed live. I was very excited and am happy to report: it's a thrilling production. Of course I don't know how Anna Manahan played the role but Marie Mullen played it different to how I imagined it. In reading the play, I always thought Mag was absolutely aware of what she was

Who else was supposed to play hedwig?  Oct 18 2016, 10:20:24 AM

I don't remember who said it but didn't Pink come up as a rumor at some stage?

Favorite play endings?  Oct 16 2016, 12:50:13 PM

I know, I know... these "what's your favorite" posts are getting a bit too niche.

Lately I've been reading a lot of plays and always enjoy the final moments of a play whether it be in the text or stage directions. What are some of your favorite final moments in a play? I love the calm after the storm in Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf with George singing to Martha and the lights slowly fading. Similarly, I love the ending of August Osage County.

Great another Jukebox musical in Australia  Sep 8 2016, 10:04:11 AM

"Plus, who knows if it'll be updated to be set in modern day? PJ Hogan is adapting it from his screenplay so anything's possible (though the camp of the 90's should be kept and intensified)

It seems it will be updated as the synopsis mentions twitter. I too wish it kept the campiness of the 90s

In Muriel’s Wedding The Musical, Muriel Heslop is back! And this time she’s singing. Stuck in a dead-end life in Porpoise S

Best book writers?  Aug 19 2016, 01:42:35 PM

I often hear people talk about composers who are considered the best but I was curious to know who do people consider some of the best book writers, especially of the past twenty years? I myself thoroughly enjoy Harvey Fierstein's work  though I would guess I am in the minority on that one based on some other opinions I've read.

Favorite play endings  Aug 15 2016, 09:06:35 AM

Over a year later, I come across this thread. Can someone describe the ending in the recent Raisin revival? I think the ending in The Beauty Queen of Leenane is chilling as is the ending to The Nance.

Marissa Jaret Winokur back on Broadway?  Jun 25 2016, 01:15:08 PM

Has there been any more on this?

Torch Song Trilogy revival?  Jun 10 2016, 06:06:02 PM

I remember reading on here that a few years back there was talk of a Torch Song Trilogy revival - does anyone know why it was (presumably) scrapped?  I was recently watching an interview with Andrea Martin and the idea of her as Mrs. Beckoff popped into my head. Anyone else have any casting suggestions? I'd love to see it revived!

Also could anyone who saw the original Broadway production share their thoughts on the experience? 

Blackbird Question (WITH SPOILERS)  Jun 9 2016, 02:11:04 PM

May I thread-jack slightly? What is the twist at the end?

The best  May 31 2016, 08:35:58 AM

Not sure what happened there but it's all covered in the thread topic itself :) 

The best "newer" plays  May 31 2016, 08:35:08 AM

The best newer plays  May 31 2016, 08:16:21 AM

I know there are lots of lists online that rank plays like A Streetcar Named Desire, Waiting for Godot etc as the greatest plays written but I was wondering what do people think are some of the plays that in thirty/forty years time, people will still be reading and going to see? I personally would say The Beauty Queen of Leenane and August: Osage County. I am drawn to darker plays and both of these are pretty near perfect to me. 

Doubt - an answer (spoiler)  May 16 2016, 10:02:14 AM

Thanks everyone! Interesting to hear that people feel Streep was miscast - anyone care to elaborate? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You