News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicalDreamer

Member Name: MusicalDreamer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BARE THE MUSICAL Previews  Nov 19 2012, 09:09:18 PM
Really looking forward to hearing the reviews!
re: Your Worst Musical Ideas  Nov 19 2012, 09:08:41 PM
Real Housewives of New Jersey: The Musical

They would HAVE to do a table flipping number. This thing practically writes itself.

Spring Awakening Movie  Nov 18 2012, 03:10:21 AM
Am I the only one who cringes at this thought? Please, dear God, do not let this happen. I've heard so many rumors and I know it's just going to be eaten up with all the Rachel Berry-wannabes... They will so water it down and I will be so mad.
Okay, done ranting now.

Opinions on College  Nov 18 2012, 12:53:10 AM
Okay, so this being my Junior year and me being a total have-every-single-thing-planned-perfectly type of person, I am starting to seriously stress about college.
I've got top choices, and a few back ups. For those of you all wondering, here they are:
Weitzenhoffer School of Musical Theatre at OU
University of Arkansas (it's my home state, and cheap)
Oklahoma City University
CCU
The latter two are private, and way out of my price range, and almost definantly n

Billy Ray Cyrus as Billy Flynn in Chicago  Oct 11 2012, 12:08:19 AM
Please no please no please no.

I am soooooo tired of the whole "lets cast celebrities in every musical" thing. I know it's helpful in the long run.... But... God no.

Barbra sings from GYPSY  Oct 11 2012, 12:07:00 AM

I still think she's ahhhhmazing, and I'd kill to haver career...but it wasn't the best I've heard, no.

The Dreaded College Board  Oct 5 2012, 08:18:20 PM
Thanks to everyone for their help. I'm still pretty overwhelmed- but I think I have an okay idea of schools and location and price... :)
I am very very interested in CCU. I have been watching videos of performances from productions there, and was very impressed.
I have looked into Oklahoma City University, and while I'd go there in a heartbeat, I doubt I'll be able to swing the bill.
Southern Miss also is an option. I think I will apply/audition everywhere I want, apply for financi

off broadway  Oct 5 2012, 07:59:58 PM
I think off-Broadway has a lot more to offer this season.. Not that ill actually getting to go to any, but just by reading the show synopses-I think off-broadway seems pretty good. Except for Newsical, which makes me cringe to think of.
Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey  Oct 5 2012, 07:56:39 PM
I LOVE them. So much. I hope so!!
Show suggestions  Oct 1 2012, 08:17:25 PM
Haven't seen it, but go see Starcatcher. I heard its brilliant.
Best route for a 40-year-old actor?  Oct 1 2012, 08:12:02 PM
Have you ever been to "UPTA" auditions? I am too young to go (you have to be 1 but a lot of the regional theaters I know of, including the one I worked at casts roles and finds actors from there. I believe they are in Memphis? (I'm probably totally wrong), but do some googling. It's worth a shot! Good luck to you.
The Dreaded College Board  Oct 1 2012, 08:03:32 PM
I looked into to Southern Miss and it does seem good, what major/minor/electives are there that are most beneficial?

Also, I forgot to mention that there is an out of state thing that would let me go to either Oklahoma State or Missiouri State and pay in-state tuition since University of Arkansas doesn't have a MT program. Does anyone know about these schools?

Musicals with ADORABLE little girls...  Sep 30 2012, 02:15:25 AM
June and Louise in "GYPSY" :)
The Dreaded College Board  Sep 30 2012, 02:13:17 AM
Okay, so I'm basically obsessing about finding a plausible school option that still will give me the training I want. I do not come from a well off family at all, and my locations (Arkansas) university does not have a musical theatre program. I have looked into TONS of schools. I'm hoping to stay semi-close to home, but not in state. I'm aiming for a BFA in musical theatre, I have a pretty strong dance/singing background, I haven't hade very much acting, because in the local shows I've been in,
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You