News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TimmyJ51

TimmyJ51 Profile Photo
Member Name: TimmyJ51
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tiler Peck in On the Town
 Feb 27 2015, 10:37:19 AM
Just saw yesterday that she's stepping in for a few performances for Megan Fairchild (her sister-in-law) and feeling like I may have to get tickets to see it again! I had no idea Peck had also done the workshop. Didn't have the chance to see her in Little Dancer, but I absolutely adore her NYCB work - she's so light, airy, and effortless, and a few colleagues of mine have said she's as sweet as can be.

A little obsessed with watching her clips in Robbins' "Fancy Free" (http://youtu.be/tltH0Jz3Tbw), the Kennedy Center Honors for Patricia McBride (http://youtu.be/1PjOntvgdsk), and Tschaikovsky Pas de Deux (http://youtu.be/Lff4eXXMZaA), to name a few.

Also a little crazy to me how interconnected the ballet/Broadway worlds are this season (with Peck being married to Megan's brother Robbie, who'll be on the boards with "An American in Paris," and fellow Principal Dancer Sara Mearns dating OTT choreographer Bergasse).

On a separate note, it is bordering on excessive how incredibly attractive Tiler Peck and Robbie Fairchild are as a couple (http://youtu.be/adpTLWCfu9k).

Fun Home to Open at Circle in the Square on April 22nd
 Dec 8 2014, 11:00:37 AM
I didn't get the chance to see Socha as Medium Allison and wasn't overly impressed with Skeggs. I know Socha left abruptly, any insight as to why she left (or was dismissed) and isn't joining the production on Broadway?
Bradley Cooper and Jimmy Fallon
 Oct 24 2014, 10:09:04 AM
Please remind everyone never to invite JayG 2 to any party EVER. You sound like a ton of fun! Way to take an innocuous video that features two guys laughing as a call to judge everyone else for enjoying it. I imagine you must also get irrationally angry at two friends laughing when you're not involved in it, killjoy.
Craig Bierko as the Trunchbull
 Sep 19 2013, 02:52:26 PM
Aw, boo. I had posted on the original thread, so I hope nothing I said was out of line (I don't think it was). I saw Bierko at the Wednesday matinee, and I have to preface anything I say with the fact that I’m generally a fan of him, and thought his casting sounded brilliant when it was announced.

My general take was that the show, the cast, and the shadow of Carvel loomed over Bierko's performance. Everything else is great shape - Jill Paice is a touching replacement, stronger than

Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
 Sep 7 2011, 04:06:48 PM
Must EVERY response be SO jaded, bitchy, and elitist? It's a fairly lightweight role, he's an amiable enough singer, and I think he has enough presence to pull the role off.

Personally, I never go into a show wanting any of the actors to suck, and I'd like to reserve judgment until he actually opens in the role. Are the fan girls going to be annoying? Hell yes. However, if Nick Jonas can keep a good production of a classic Broadway musical open - and, in turn, keep many Broadway act

The Normal Heart 1st Preview
 Apr 20 2011, 12:00:53 AM
I didn't see the rush policy, but I got my tickets through tdf. Orchestra, Row J.
The Normal Heart 1st Preview
 Apr 19 2011, 11:46:22 PM
I saw it tonight, and I had NO idea it was the first preview.

I rarely post, and hate to speak in hyperbole, but quite simply - breathtaking and unforgettable.

The set is very simple - three white walls, which have lots of grooves in them. I feel quite stupid for not realizing that the raised portions are actually many quotes intertwined - "GMHC," "Mayor Koch," and many, many other words. Right below the proscenium, there's an area with projections that display the settin

Sarah Uriarte Berry to Play NEXT TO NORMAL during AR's VaCa
 Feb 20 2010, 10:14:36 AM
I saw the show last night (Friday, the 19th), with Sarah UB on as Diana and Michael on as Dan.

To preface, I am a big fan of Sarah. I've seen Next to Normal multiple times, and while I was disappointed to see that Alice was out, I was actually excited to catch someone else in the role - especially someone who I think has the acting/vocal chops to pull off a completely different interpretation on such a complex role, and make it work. Furthermore, she is one of the sweetest people you

re: When will N2N recoup?
 Oct 6 2009, 11:43:11 PM
'Twas just wondering. Huge fan of the show, would love to see it run a long time (hopefully make it through the harsh winter months, in the least), etc.. It helps me sleep better at night knowing it may be around for a while, lol
When will N2N recoup?
 Oct 6 2009, 12:10:40 AM
I'm not really sure what the weekly nut is for the show, but for a show with a small cast/crew/pit, it seems like it is doing consistently well. Does anyone know if it has recouped, or is anywhere near doing so..?
I KNOW THAT MAN
 Jan 20 2006, 02:28:59 PM
OH MY GOD. Okay, so my friend Shaun who I've known since I was 6 came back from Sweeney on the 6th and said, "Oh my god.. so, I had front row for Sweeney tonight, and my dad, of course, had a beer in his hand throughout the second act.. and at the curtain call, my dad friggin high fived Michael Cerveris."

Never did I think this would surface beyond my circle of friends.. seriously AMAZING. HAHAHHAHA

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You