News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mikeyb16

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
Member Name: mikeyb16
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?  Sep 5 2015, 10:26:28 AM

I saw Olivia Brereton play the role on the UK Tour in 2012 and she was phenomenal.

Ken Davenport responds to SPONGEBOB musical:  Sep 1 2015, 02:00:32 PM

Nickelodeon made an attempt on this before. They adapted a musical called "The Sponge Who Could Fly" which toured in Asia, Singapore, Australia and the UK. The UK Tour ended up cancelling a handful of venues due to poor ticket sales, despite being well received by critics.

Disney songs covered by musical theatre artists?  May 16 2015, 05:51:48 AM

Kerry Butler's version of 'Second Star To The Right' and 'Bare Necessities'

Paige O'Hara and Jodi Benson's duet of 'When You Wish Upon A Star'

HUNCHBACK La Jolla Previews  Nov 2 2014, 06:14:13 AM
Does Esmerelda still have her solo dance in topsy turvey like in the Berlin Production? Also is Dance of the Gypsies still included?
The Little Mermaid national tour?  Jan 18 2014, 05:41:49 PM
Carlotta is also omitted in the Stage Entertainment version. Her lines in "Beyond My Wildest Dreams" are sung by Grimsby.
Hunchback is coming!!!  Jan 18 2014, 05:26:30 PM
It would be great if Drew Sarich played the role on Broadway. I know he may be considered a bit too old to play the character but he still has a brilliant voice and the acting ability for it. I would also like to see Earl Carpenter or Terrence Mann play Frollo.

I think it would be interesting to see what the production would look like in terms of set and costume design compared to the Berlin production but I do hope they keep the dark gothic themes Berlin had as both Heidi Ettinger and

The Little Mermaid national tour?  Jan 18 2014, 05:15:08 PM
I remember reading a Glenn Slater interview a while back. He said he hopes the reworked version by Stage Entertainment will tour the US after touring Europe.

It recently finished its run in the Netherlands and is currently playing in Japan and Russia, with another production opening in Argentina this year.

Aladdin Toronto previews  Nov 3 2013, 11:44:50 AM
I hope they include To Be Free before opening on Broadway as it shows Jasmines emotions and feelings better.

Is there an overture and en'tractre too?

re: THE BROADWAY OVERTURE  Apr 1 2013, 09:04:27 AM
Beauty & The Beast's Overture is my favourite
Lea Salonga, Jodi Benson, Paige O'Hara, and Anika Noni Rose named 2011 Disney Legends!  Jun 17 2011, 04:22:58 AM
I'm really happy for them all as they are finally getting the recognition they truly deserve, especially for both Jodi & Paige. An award that should have been presented to them years ago in my opinion!
Elizabeth Taylor RIP  Mar 23 2011, 12:32:52 PM
Very sad. May she rest in peace.
re: who have you gotten stuff back from?  Jan 25 2011, 05:44:57 AM
Does Anyone know how long Matt Bogart takes to respond?
re: who have you gotten stuff back from?  Jan 6 2011, 11:09:44 AM
Has anyone has recent success from Krysta Rodriguez??
Movies that should be on Broadway  Aug 28 2010, 06:00:16 PM
Definitely Father of the Bride
Who is your favourite EVITA?  Aug 24 2010, 04:22:16 AM
Louise Dearman, from the UK National Tour. :)
Favorite Disney on Broadway show  Jul 4 2010, 03:01:09 PM
Beauty & The Beast as it was my 1st and only Broadway show and I also like the Lion King alot
re: who have you gotten stuff back from?  May 27 2010, 04:27:44 AM
"I sent to Sherrie Rene Scott back in the beginning of the Little Mermaid run near the opening in January '08 and just heard back from her about two weeks ago...nearly 2 & half years! Wow!"

Really?? I wrote to her during her run and it took me 6 months for a response. I sent her my AIDA Poster 2 days before EVERYDAY RAPTURE started previews so hopefully she'll get to it when she can. :)

Lion King cutting songs - anyone know if legit?  May 8 2010, 05:27:40 PM
Well as long as they don't touch ONE BY ONE, I'm happy. Any idea if these changes will be transferred to the National Tour,London and worldwide Companies?
What do you want to see for Disney's next show??  Apr 13 2010, 04:48:33 AM
Hunchback without a doubt. I would also like to see Drew Sarich reprise his role as Quasimodo as I've heard him sing "Out There" and he was brilliant!

Didn't I read sometime back that they were planning on adapting Aladdin sometime soon? I'm sure something about it was posted on the board sometime in 09 or 08?

ADDAMS FAMILY Reviews  Apr 10 2010, 11:36:10 AM
Is it me or does Brantley hate theatre practically? Because I've read some reviews on shows he's seen and nothing ever seems to satify him. Does Broadway really need that?

Just a curious thought.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You