News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lotiloti

lotiloti Profile Photo
Member Name: lotiloti
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Paint your Wagon BD  Mar 5 2023, 06:49:52 AM

Kino: New 4K Restoration of Paint Your Wagon Prepped for Blu-ray

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 24 2023, 06:59:59 AM

CATSNYrevival said: "RippedMan said: "They’ve had time to change the book, I wouldn’t expect any drastic changes unfortunately."

I agree that they probably won't make many changes during previews, but I bet after the reviews come out, they'll shut down for a short period, retool the show and open a new version just like they did in London.
"

A retool wouldn't be enough. They need to remove all pens from the tool th

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 10 2023, 08:11:15 AM

If it's anything like the London production, it's utter garbage.

Newsies London  Jan 5 2023, 07:27:39 AM

Newsies - Troubadour Wembley Park theatre - 2nd December 2022 - YouTube

Matilda!  Dec 28 2022, 06:50:05 AM

Theatre Fan3 said: "lotiloti said: "Pre order BD on Amazon UK

Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical [Blu-ray]: AmazonSmile: sony: DVD & Blu-ray

I imagine on sale in UK only.

You will need a multi region player
"

I've purchased some Blu-rays from Amazon UK in the past and they were "Region Free" so would play in any US Blu-ray player but I don't see a "Country Code" or "Region Free" listing anywhere in the description. Hopefully that information will be made available to clarify the situation.
"

Due to rights issues, UK BD will be Region 2 locked. 4K BD's are normally all region. But this title is unlikely to get a 4K release

Matilda!  Dec 27 2022, 07:02:37 AM

Pre order BD on Amazon UK

Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical [Blu-ray]: AmazonSmile: sony: DVD & Blu-ray

I imagine on sale in UK only. 

You will need a multi region player

50th Anniversary Revival of A CHORUS LINE still on track for 2025?  Apr 8 2022, 04:40:23 AM

I've seen many different productions from original Broadway onwards.

The first time I felt a similar exhilaration to the original, was  the Curve Leicester production.

Went in with no great expectations, but was blown away with this new version.

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Mar 29 2022, 04:03:29 AM

Always wanted Michael Sheen to play Arthur   (curiously, from the same town as Richard Burton)

ALW Cinderella  Nov 5 2021, 06:30:33 AM

I saw this last night, almost lost for words. Close to the worse show I've seen, ever. 

The fact that this inane drivel is still on, beggers belief. I rarely leave before the end, but I was out of there at the interval. The fact they are taking it to Broadway, astonishes me. Might work with a new book & score written by someone else. Someone should take away Webber's pens and make him wear boxing gloves to prevent him using a piano.

South Pacific at Chichester  Aug 21 2021, 06:09:55 AM

Saw this at Chichester this week. By far the best production of this show, I have ever seen. The Overture & opening is thrilling. Good to see a 'darker' Bloody Mary, more believable.

I'm considering a Broadway vacation, and need some tips/advice.  Apr 28 2021, 06:53:16 AM

binau said: "lotiloti said: "Better still, visit London instead. Your theatrical experience will be far more satisfying.

I have given up on Broadway. Over priced, only rarely delivers the quality it claims.
"

I have seen theatre all across the world, and in my opinion Broadway is by far the best place in the world for musicals. Of course London has its moments (mostly productions of American musicals, go figure) - and there are always good play

I'm considering a Broadway vacation, and need some tips/advice.  Apr 28 2021, 06:51:21 AM

binau said: "lotiloti said: "Better still, visit London instead. Your theatrical experience will be far more satisfying.

I have given up on Broadway. Over priced, only rarely delivers the quality it claims.
"

I have seen theatre all across the world, and in my opinion Broadway is by far the best place in the world for musicals. Of course London has its moments (mostly productions of American musicals, go figure) - and there are always good play

I'm considering a Broadway vacation, and need some tips/advice.  Apr 28 2021, 05:03:15 AM

Better still, visit  London instead. Your theatrical experience will be far more satisfying.

Jay's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE recording is  Nov 24 2020, 07:52:07 AM

Just arrived in this mornings post  :)

Jay's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE recording is  Oct 21 2020, 08:36:24 AM

Just pre-ordered @ Jay records

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  Aug 8 2020, 06:50:04 AM

Saw Carrie at the Stratford  RSC, before it went to NY.  I kept laughing at dramatic moments (the pig's arrival on stage from the pit, hilarious) Poor old Barbara Cook who seemed not to have a head for heights. Clinging to the red handrail  down the centre of the stage wide staircase, like her life depended on it. People around me loved it. Told me I was talking nonsense when I said it wouldn't last a week on Broadway.

Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 8 2020, 08:15:06 AM

As an 'old fart' theatregoer. The three things I dislike about modern  Broadway are, with the odd exception (Jersey Boys) jukebox musicals. My main gripe is the Disneyfication of theatre, it's a sickly poison. There for no other reason, than to sell toys. Also the bizarre need for some members of the audience, who think it's ok to expect actors to indulge them at the stagedoor. You wouldn't do it for a plumber, who'd done a good job. Leave them alone, the are at w

James McAvoy CYRANO DE BERGERAC to play BAM  Mar 5 2020, 01:39:22 PM

This production is total garbage.

What is a beautiful yet tragic story about love. Is transformed into something so ugly & crude. Populated with tick box minorities (gender, race, sexuality etc all covered) The performance I attended, had some empty seats after the interval and polite applause at the end.

The last time I saw this play (RSC/ Derek Jacobie), it had me in floods of tears for the final forty five minutes, so powerful and moving. This Lloyd version

Song of Norway movie  Jan 21 2020, 06:56:39 AM

deleted

Song of Norway movie  Jan 20 2020, 01:02:10 PM

Kino Lorber US release April 21st 2020

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You